Read 1631 times

• mcghe7
  • Adventurer

• August 30, 2016, 02:36:35 pm
Asthma Meds in Pharmacy
« on: November 24, 2016, 02:53:15 pm »
I take a controlled inhaler called Symbicort (same as Advair). Does anyone who uses these inhalers know if I need a prescription to get its Korean equivalent at the Pharmacy?

Re: Asthma Meds in Pharmacy
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 06:39:36 pm »
You need a prescription. I use this too and i can get it from any internal medicine doctor. I dont know what your symbicort is like from the states (i had an aerosol can one) but here i have only gotten the powder ones you inhale from. I didnt know how to use it at first lol. Anyway, just bring your old symbicort and say you need a refill and the doctor will look at the dosage and ask how often you use it. Luckily, with a prescription it's cheap here!

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 07:48:39 am »
How about rescue inhalers, like Ventolin/Salbutamol? I've got a few months left on my contract, and the reserves I brought from home are running low. Does anyone know if I'll need a script from a doctor to get these at a pharmacy?

• Menlyn
  • Super Waygook

• March 05, 2012, 02:10:21 pm
    • Suwon
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2016, 08:20:54 am »
How about rescue inhalers, like Ventolin/Salbutamol? I've got a few months left on my contract, and the reserves I brought from home are running low. Does anyone know if I'll need a script from a doctor to get these at a pharmacy?

Prescription required.. :-)

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2016, 08:23:25 am »
Ventolin is an albuterol inhaler and you need a prescription but it is also cheap.

• mcghe7
  • Adventurer

• August 30, 2016, 02:36:35 pm
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2016, 09:37:54 am »
Thanks for your help!

• Shreya_pandey
  • Waygookin

• December 29, 2017, 07:14:13 pm
    • USA
    more
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2018, 07:45:48 pm »
I take a controlled inhaler called Symbicort (same as Advair). Does anyone who uses these inhalers know if I need a prescription to get it and pills for asthma in Korea at the Pharmacy?

Yes, I think it is same everywhere. Wherever I have gone be it in Asia, Europe or America I have always had to produce a prescription for my asthma medicines or inhalers.
A home cook & food entrepreneur. Likes to experiment with food over health and nutrition concerns. Health Freak. Love to interact with people about everything. Open to all the new technologies, trends and lifestyle hacks going around the world.

• sunainsinha
  • Newgookin

• September 07, 2020, 12:31:50 pm
    • India
    more
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2020, 11:18:15 am »
Asthma is a chronic disease that inflames the airways (i.e. the small tubes, called bronchi) which carry air in and out of the lungs. In asthmatic patient, the bronchi will be inflamed and more sensitive than normal and produce extra mucus. If want to know more via doctor: https://zealthy.in/en/ask-an-expert
I am a happy and healthy mother. Love to stay fit always and also make my family healthier too. I write about something which helps our ladies in many ways. I am working at https://zealthy.in/