Read 937 times

... sim card and vice versa...?

I am not sure if anyone can help me with this but I am trying to send an iMessage from my iPhone 5S that has no sim card in it to an iPhone 7+ that has a working sim card in it (have also tried it vice versa) and it is not working for some reason... Both devices are connected to my wifi at home whenever I try it. I am trying to setup my iPhone 5S for my mom so she doesn't have to figure out how to send iMessages to my iPhone 7+. Can anybody tell me if what I am trying to do is possible or not and how I can establish this? Any help/tips will be very much appreciated!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 12:57:11 pm by RenateJungRan »

you're both on wifi, and both have logged into your apple account?  Have you turned on the iMessage in the Settings menu?  It may be obvious, but you never know.  You know that when it's an imessage the 'send' button is blue, instead of green for a text message?

It should be possible as long as you have logged in to your apple ID and turned on Imessage

• vietpham
  • Super Waygook

• April 28, 2012, 08:33:18 pm
    • South Korea
you're both on wifi, and both have logged into your apple account?  Have you turned on the iMessage in the Settings menu?  It may be obvious, but you never know.  You know that when it's an imessage the 'send' button is blue, instead of green for a text message?

It should be possible as long as you have logged in to your apple ID and turned on Imessage

+1  and make sure you go to [settings][messages] and make sure all the ID are checked.  If you don't have a sim make sure all the email addresses associated with your imessage are checked.