Read 2021 times

• Dhazaras
  • Veteran

• November 05, 2015, 08:16:05 am
    • jinju
Travel Lesson - Canada
« on: October 14, 2016, 01:59:12 pm »
Hi all,

So I'm leaving my current school shortly and we are working on travel. So I thought I would create a Canada lesson (in game style) for them before I leave. I really want to drill into their heads how nice it is there.

I haven't tried it out yet, but on Monday I will.

Some slides have questions, so I will give points to the teams with the correct answers. You can print out the team boards and laminate them for the students to use while they play.

I just tried to highlight some stuff from Canada, obviously this isn't everything. Just things I thought students might be interested to visit.

Also made a Who wants to be a millionaire game with 15 questions, just in case the lesson runs short.

Anyway, if the lesson goes well for you, please write down how it went.

*ALSO* there is one slide with my name on it, so please make sure to change that.

~D

Re: Travel Lesson - Canada
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 12:01:44 pm »
Thank you for sharing your PPT. :)

Did you adapt your game from another Canada game on this site?

I've used the other game several times and it worked pretty well. Some of the slides are difficult though and need to be translated by a co-teacher.

• Dhazaras
  • Veteran

• jinju
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 08:22:47 am »
Thank you for sharing your PPT. :)

Did you adapt your game from another Canada game on this site?

I've used the other game several times and it worked pretty well. Some of the slides are difficult though and need to be translated by a co-teacher.

Yeah, definitely some things require a coteacher. Luckily at almost all my schools, I have one. I took the WWTBAM ppt from the website and then just inserted questions about stuff they learned from the ppt.

Glad you got some use out of it.

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 09:20:56 am »
What is WWTBAM?

Did you create the original Canada game? There were slides on it about when Canada
became a country and pictures of Canadian animals, among other things.

• Dhazaras
  • Veteran

• jinju
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 09:25:18 am »
Who wants to be a millionaire.

Oh the actual ppt game. Yeah, I took the first slide from another canada ppt, but then everything else I compiled.