Read 4167 times

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
Re: how many students at your hagwon
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2016, 09:08:46 am »
You sound like you are working for the same type of place I did.  It sounds like your director is just treating this place like extra pocket money because according to you he is THE CEO OF A MANUFACTURING job.  If that's the case he doesn't give three flips about retaining students or teachers.  The director at the hakwon I spoke of was married to some one who was a top level official at the Korean Parliament.  Basically our hakwon was just something to keep her from being a stay at home mom.  She didn't care about keeping students (as she would roll her eyes at parents who came in to complain) and she saw no problem in reducing our pay.  WHICH I SORRY BUT THAT'S MY LIVELY HOOD YOU ARE PLAYING WITH.  I had to get out and in my opinion you should too.   

A side-business is very easy to ditch compared to his livelyhood.

Not needing the business to survive means that he will not fight as hard to keep it open - it does nothing to give you any job security.

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2016, 11:11:38 am »
I'm not quitting my job. I teach 3 students maximum at the moment and sometimes only 1. I'm teaching about 22 hours a week 18 classes and I'm getting paid on time. So why would I want to look for another job? I'd be silly to do that. If he s making money from elsewhere and paying me, so what? He charges 130000 a week per student for 3 lessons. Probably double what most hagwons charge. Let the investors keep paying us then if need be.

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2016, 11:17:39 am »
I'm not quitting my job. I teach 3 students maximum at the moment and sometimes only 1. I'm teaching about 22 hours a week 18 classes and I'm getting paid on time. So why would I want to look for another job? I'd be silly to do that. If he s making money from elsewhere and paying me, so what? He charges 130000 a week per student for 3 lessons. Probably double what most hagwons charge. Let the investors keep paying us then if need be.

A good gig, no doubt, but you should have a plan B.