All about South Korea => Life in Korea => Topic started by: fl2sk on August 29, 2014, 03:09:55 pm

Title: korean cc
Post by: fl2sk on August 29, 2014, 03:09:55 pm
I was issued a Korean cc with NH bank last August and it expires um, now. I went to try to get it renewed and they said they couldn't do it since I won't be in the country for another full year (When they asked when I was leaving I said April. a mistake, now, I realize). The thing is - when I initially went to get a cc I don't even think they asked me how much longer I would be here. Even if they did ask - I didn't know for sure that I was staying a second year so I wouldn't have said anything other than "I'm leaving in April". And they still issued me one.

Anyway they basically just said there is no way they can issue another card and there is nothing they can do. But - as you know - you need a cc for online purchases. Are there other options for getting a cc? My town is small and we do not have a KEB.
Title: Re: korean cc
Post by: victorflood on August 29, 2014, 03:16:26 pm
online purchases can be made with the NH CHECK CARD (visa or mastercard). upon issuing the card the teller must activate the card for online and international use - this can also be done over the phone by calling the NH English helpline on on 15882100 ext 730.  i've used my card elsewhere in Asia, Europe and Australia and have had no problems booking flights or shopping online.
Title: Re: korean cc
Post by: fl2sk on August 29, 2014, 03:39:49 pm
cool! thanks! i just called and did that so we'll see if it works next time i need to use it :) thank you again!
Title: Re: korean cc
Post by: techteacher on August 29, 2014, 05:43:09 pm
If you want the KEB credit card, you can apply on their website for it.