Career Venue => Contract, and Job Related Issues => Topic started by: paxxie on March 10, 2021, 11:40:34 pm

Title: American returning to Korea (8802) question
Post by: paxxie on March 10, 2021, 11:40:34 pm
Hi everyone,

So I was in Korea for 1 year from Aug 2018-Aug 2019 (didnt do my 8802) and I'm returning again in the fall and planning on staying for at least 2 years now.

My questions is --
1. Can I add my previous 1 year + this year to make it 2 year and gain my tax exemption that way (and hopefully get my Korean tax withholding back from 2018-2019?)


2. Forgo my previous 1 year in Korea and just claim 2021 & 2022 as my tax exemption years (assuming I won't have any trouble since I already had a 1 year stint).

Any input would be much appreciated!