Career Venue => Contract, and Job Related Issues => Topic started by: Tvt1111 on October 22, 2019, 09:51:33 am

Title: E2 Visa Renewal Question
Post by: Tvt1111 on October 22, 2019, 09:51:33 am

I'm currently teaching in Korea and my contract at my current school ends on January 31st, 2020. However, I won't be starting at my new school until February 24, 2020, and I will be visiting the US for about two weeks in February before my other contract starts.

My recruiter is telling me that I would have to get a brand new visa and go through the entire process again, and would have to apply through the consulate in the US.  However, I've been told by other teachers that all I have to do is go to the immigration office with the required documents and change my employer. I just want some clarification on this because it seems pointless to get a brand new visa.

Title: Re: E2 Visa Renewal Question
Post by: lhelena on October 22, 2019, 12:33:11 pm
You should only need to change your employer with immigration. You will have to extend your visa before it expires though. As for the travel, if you have an ARC you only need to show that when returning to Korea now. The dates of our sojourn are more accurate on that than in your passport anyway.