« on: August 06, 2014, 02:22:37 pm »
Here are some of my materials for this lesson:
vocab sheet with key expressions

Bingo with instructions and bingo template to match the instructions
practice ppt.

Sonic game tweaked for this unit
unscramble game I made for this unit.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 12:31:04 am by taeyang »
Ignoranţa este adesea o boală fatal şi cretin nu poate fi vindecata.

• mrpopo
  • Veteran

• June 29, 2011, 11:18:13 pm
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 11:44:39 am by mrpopo »

• dammat89
  • Explorer

• May 08, 2014, 03:09:39 pm
    • South Korea
Re: Daekyo Grade 4 Lesson 9 "Don't Enter, Please"
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 03:24:07 pm »
Adam, your videos are by far the best thing I've found for presenting new topics. Thanks!

• Makino
  • Super Waygook

• December 24, 2012, 02:10:09 pm
    • Namyangju-Si, Gyeonggi-Do
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 01:45:33 pm »
Really simple and catchy song for an intro.
I typed out the lyrics for some of my low-level kids, but it's not really needed if you're kids are higher level.

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 02:59:48 pm »
This is my ppt for this lesson. I also used other teacher materials.

For the RPS battle, print out the ppt slides into hand out form. Print two copies. Line them up on two tables. Divide the students into two teams. One member from each team will read all the phrases. When they meet in the middle, they will battle. They'll play rock paper scissors. If they win, they advance down the table. If they lose, they go to the back of the line and another member from their team starts from the start.

I also, use the same slides to help with the snowball game.
Follow Me on Instagram: Artzystarchild

• mrpopo
  • Veteran

• June 29, 2011, 11:18:13 pm
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 03:02:20 pm »
Adam, your videos are by far the best thing I've found for presenting new topics. Thanks!

Thanks! Glad you and your students like them!

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2014, 02:05:14 pm »
A quick matching game for period 1.

Also added a Blazing Pens and a Sleeping Elephants game for the reading period.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 11:30:13 pm by Gaikoku.org »

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2014, 02:06:57 pm »

• pistons88
  • Adventurer

• November 08, 2010, 11:05:50 am
    • Daejeon
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2014, 03:22:38 pm »
speed game where students raise their picture cards that match the words on the screen. First student to raise their hand with their card and speak correctly gets one point.

• annataleen
  • Moderator LVL 1

• May 02, 2014, 01:27:07 pm
    • Incheon
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2014, 09:32:13 am »

Thanks! Glad you and your students like them!

Adam, I agree I love your videos as well! Also, I love how you Rickrolled us!  :P

• amores
  • Veteran

• August 24, 2013, 10:00:01 am
    • Daejeon
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2014, 02:33:29 pm »
Connect Four game. Includes both pictures for speaking and words for reading. Print out double-sided and cut in half. It helps to show a commercial (one of the old ones from the 70's) and demo the game on the board.

Reading practice and Disappearing Dialogue PPT.

Kimchi game. Everyone stands in a line. Each student reads a word on the slide. When there are no words left on the slide, the next student says kimchi, and the next student is out.

Go Fish instructions. Use the cards on page 205 and make groups of 3-5. Just make sure there are 4 sets of cards in each group. It's best to have one class take them out and then collect them for the other classes.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 01:59:55 pm by amores »

• Makino
  • Super Waygook

• December 24, 2012, 02:10:09 pm
    • Namyangju-Si, Gyeonggi-Do
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2014, 03:26:34 pm »
Someone posted a youtube video for this game and I thought I'd make a ppt for a faster explanation for my kids.
It's called "Duel" and it's to be used with the cards from page 205.
Ppt is self-explanitory.
I'm using this for period 2 since the period 1 and 2 game are pretty lame.

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2014, 08:43:22 am »
Here's a right simple powerpoint for Look and Read.  It allows them to practice reading individual phonemes, then the whole words.

cheers

• Ray2TheJ
  • Veteran

• August 23, 2013, 05:53:35 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2014, 02:59:57 pm »
We used this lesson for our open class and made this video. Our sixth graders are the excellent actors. :)

The idea of the attached PPT is to show the slide and then have the students recall what the key expression was in the video that went with that scene. You could use it either as an opener and just ask for volunteers to raise their hand or as a game having them write down the key expression on their whiteboards for points.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMXD0eITt3A

MEMORY GAME: Here is flying words game to practice reading. I had each team of four or five students sit in their chairs in a line, one behind the other facing the screen. I showed the four words fly by then counted down "3...2...1" then the person in the back of the line grabbed the set of cards from page 205 and distribute them to their teammates so that the first person was holding the card corresponding to the first expression that went by, the second student in line with the card for the second expression, and so on. The teammates could talk to each other but I only allowed the last student to stand up throughout. I gave them about ten seconds to sort it out then had all teams raise their cards together and say the expressions.

The answers are on the following slide. If the team had the cards in the correct order they earned a point. My kids enjoyed it. :)

SPINNER GAME: Here's a writing game. Students work with their desk partner. Print out slide one for each set to have. Using a pencil to hold the paper clip in the middle, they flick the paper clip as a spinner and write down that expression and point value on their table. I will have slide three shown on the TV while they play for them to look at for spelling.

WHITEBOARD GAME: Highly recommend! I threw this game together and my kids LOVED it.

Have them open to page 201 in their books. I had the key expressions on the board for reference. They have to find the face as shown in the PPT and write the corresponding sentence on their whiteboard or paper before the timer went off. 20 seconds is quick, you could remove the timer and go at your own speed if you think your students might need more time. I had my students work in groups of 4 but you could play it individually or with partners instead.

Also, towards the end I had them play based off their memory.. without being able to look at the picture in the book. They enjoyed that as well for an extra challenge.

Have fun! ^^
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 11:03:56 am by Yaya »

• tlang
  • Explorer

• September 10, 2013, 02:44:00 pm
    • Jeju
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2014, 01:11:10 pm »
Hello, beautiful people. Here's what I have for this lesson:

Period 1: Intro, Pictionary, and "Sally Says" (Simon Says + "don't"). No materials needed.

Period 2: Choose Your Own Adventure: Click on the signs to make the rule and the choice appear. Then take a vote of the class and click "yes" or "no," and click the corresponding green or red circles on subsequent slides. I let my classes go to two endings this period.  Materials: cards from book for a revised card game from pg. 205.

Period 3: Space adventure board game. Materials: One printed game board per group/pair, one place marker per student (I used foreign coins).

Period 4: Make-your-own-theme-park group game. No materials needed. (Be advised, I haven't tested this one yet...)

• BDaichi
  • Explorer

• March 03, 2015, 01:03:15 pm
    • Gyeongbuk
Re: 2014 Grade 4 Daekyo 1 - 9. Don't Enter, Please
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2015, 10:29:56 pm »
Video I made for my open class :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi8PqfzeVos

Enjoy.

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2015, 08:33:45 am »
Halloween telepathy game, I use whiteboards for writing practice. I didn't make this template. I got it from another thread, made by viva_wanderlust and expanded by chitown312.

Download music files and put in one folder with the ppt file for everything to work perfectly.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 09:39:18 am by nonplayablecharacter »

• kobayashi
  • Expert Waygook

• August 18, 2016, 11:14:47 am
    • Nibiru
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2016, 01:14:59 pm »
Brief intro ppt with lots of gifs.

• Jacob
  • Adventurer

• January 13, 2011, 10:44:32 pm
    • Gyeonggi

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2016, 01:09:05 pm »
PD3
First of all thanks to Ray2theJ for the memory game PPT. I reviewed the vocab/expressions with my classes today. I just changed a few things. We used the cards in p.205? of the book. I'm sure I got the idea on Waygook or from the textbook. Students work in teams to match the order of the words. They aren't allowed to touch the cards until I say "Go." I had them read each phrase as I revealed the order.

Then I used Sounds and letters from the book to transition.

After that we used a modified telepathy template I swear I got on this thread...or maybe another. I just added kakao friends to it. Instead of having only one winner, I totally stole an idea from a pumpkin game I saw somewhere on Waygook. Students circle the kakao friend they got behind their chosen word.  It totally aint copyright....becaus e I am not selling it right @.@

I love Waygook.My kids had so much fun today.