February 17, 2019, 01:54:18 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 1297538 times)

Offline SeoulAlone

• Veteran
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #9440 on: January 30, 2019, 03:42:59 PM »
I think Korean teachers get paid 1m for doing camp (at least, at my old school they did). Yes, I know that they just sit in the office the entire time and go home early, and don't actually help with anything.

The CoTs I had were pretty helpful minus the one 3rd grade CoT that just shuffled her feet and signed the entire time. But not 1m helpful!  I really want to bring this up to my main teacher, just to see what she has to say, but at the same time I don't.  It's more curiosity as to why I got paid so little and where TF did all the extra won go?   

Online Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #9441 on: January 30, 2019, 05:58:49 PM »
And also, if I was paid only 90,000 for this winter camp, that means hourly is 5,625 won?!  Someone f*king explain this to me.  If this is norm for camps, no wonder no one wants to do them.

Maybe that money was from a tax readjustment? Or the part of the camp outside of standard school hours, for example Saturday?

Foreign teachers do the camps for free. Only Korean teachers are paid. It's a contractual difference.

Offline MaximusPrime

• Veteran
« Reply #9442 on: January 31, 2019, 09:02:44 AM »
And also, if I was paid only 90,000 for this winter camp, that means hourly is 5,625 won?!  Someone f*king explain this to me.  If this is norm for camps, no wonder no one wants to do them.

Maybe that money was from a tax readjustment? Or the part of the camp outside of standard school hours, for example Saturday?

Foreign teachers do the camps for free. Only Korean teachers are paid. It's a contractual difference.

He is totally correct. We do not get any extra (or maybe a tiny bit) for doing camp at our main school. We do get a small amount for doing it at another school. The camp part is in our contracts. They have made it so pretty much if we are not on the vacation time they can make us do anything.

Also, that other camp money probably went to buying snacks for the kids or buying the group lunch on the last day of camp. They usually try and spend all the money they get. None of it can be alloted to pay you though. Then teachers would just use least money as possible to pocket the money.

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #9443 on: January 31, 2019, 09:53:22 AM »
King Stannis of the House Baratheon, the First of His Name, The King in the Narrow Sea, Warrior of Light, The Lord's Chosen, Son of Fire, The Prince That Was Promised hereby grants you, Lord Oglopof house Waygook, a place in the King's Guard for your continued correct usage of English grammar.

Small rant: HBO got it wrong (and possibly GRRM, I don't know- the man's worldbuilding is terrific. His writing? Oy). Stannis had tons of Charisma, perhaps only exceeded by Tywin. He was meant not to have any, but he was a lot better than most of the other crowd.

Jon Snow, Robb Stark, Daenerys, and all the other crappy heroes we had shoved down our throats are a bunch of lame.

Online oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #9444 on: January 31, 2019, 11:07:30 AM »

He is totally correct. We do not get any extra (or maybe a tiny bit) for doing camp at our main school. We do get a small amount for doing it at another school. The camp part is in our contracts. They have made it so pretty much if we are not on the vacation time they can make us do anything.

Also, that other camp money probably went to buying snacks for the kids or buying the group lunch on the last day of camp. They usually try and spend all the money they get. None of it can be alloted to pay you though. Then teachers would just use least money as possible to pocket the money.
I was basically told the principal pocketed the cash himself. I received no budget, but was told I was supposed to. One time I did receive a budget, but most of it was spent by the Korean teacher on snacks, 90% of which she took home, thinking I didn't know  :rolleyes:

Offline kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #9445 on: January 31, 2019, 11:11:23 AM »
King Stannis of the House Baratheon, the First of His Name, The King in the Narrow Sea, Warrior of Light, The Lord's Chosen, Son of Fire, The Prince That Was Promised hereby grants you, Lord Oglopof house Waygook, a place in the King's Guard for your continued correct usage of English grammar.

Small rant: HBO got it wrong (and possibly GRRM, I don't know- the man's worldbuilding is terrific. His writing? Oy). Stannis had tons of Charisma, perhaps only exceeded by Tywin. He was meant not to have any, but he was a lot better than most of the other crowd.

Jon Snow, Robb Stark, Daenerys, and all the other crappy heroes we had shoved down our throats are a bunch of lame.

I disagree. I thought Stannis had all the charisma of a toaster oven. He was a really interesting character, but not especially charismatic. I think that both the characters you mentioned were deeply flawed, and in my opinion, it's those flaws that make them interesting and sympathetic. GRRM is great at writing characters that aren't overly black or white: morality in 50 shades of gray.  :wink:

Online Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #9446 on: February 10, 2019, 02:00:11 PM »
looks

These videos are blowing my mind:

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Feeling Grabby?
« Reply #9447 on: February 10, 2019, 09:03:44 PM »
Putting an hour and a half worth of vids on here is pretty bold. God, I put 7 min videos I made in the Blog section and no one cares. hahahaha Good luck.
The joys of fauxtherhood

Offline kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #9448 on: February 12, 2019, 11:51:34 AM »
Especially considering that it's a topic most folk grow out of after realizing there's **** all one can do about the line of one's jaw, convexity of one's face, size of one's boobs etc. without serious reconstructive surgery.  :rolleyes:

Anyway, my rant of the day:

Does anybody else find these advert banners a bit insulting/offensive/distasteful/inappropriate when posted on this site?

« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 11:54:48 AM by kyndo »

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #9449 on: February 12, 2019, 11:56:40 AM »

Yeah, that's not the best look. Has anyone read the dude's book? Is it even any good?

"The reason my students and these schools exist is to provide me with a party lifestyle in SE Asia" seems to be the vibe I get.

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #9450 on: February 12, 2019, 11:57:14 AM »

I disagree. I thought Stannis had all the charisma of a toaster oven. He was a really interesting character, but not especially charismatic. I think that both the characters you mentioned were deeply flawed, and in my opinion, it's those flaws that make them interesting and sympathetic. GRRM is great at writing characters that aren't overly black or white: morality in 50 shades of gray.  :wink:

Offline tylerthegloob

• Super Waygook
  • gg wp
« Reply #9451 on: February 12, 2019, 12:00:44 PM »

that should be davos. davos is the best. stannis would be nothing without davos (probably... maybe).
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 12:22:25 PM by tylerthegloob »

Offline kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 09:27:55 PM by kyndo »

Offline AWVM_HXE

• Adventurer
« Reply #9453 on: February 12, 2019, 07:23:50 PM »

that should be davos. davos is the best. stannis would be nothing without davos (probably... maybe).

Davos is bae.

Offline alexisalex

• Super Waygook
« Reply #9454 on: February 13, 2019, 08:01:06 AM »
In my head I always pictured Dave Stepz looking like Stannis.

Hope he's ok wherever he is  :sad:

Online oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #9455 on: February 13, 2019, 08:47:35 AM »
oh yeah. where's dave?

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Expert Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #9456 on: February 13, 2019, 08:51:41 AM »
oh yeah. where's dave?

Looks like his account has been deleted.

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #9457 on: February 13, 2019, 09:02:46 AM »
oh yeah. where's dave?

Looks like his account has been deleted.

Stannis indeed.

Offline Aristocrat

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #9458 on: February 13, 2019, 10:23:13 AM »
Good God, these kids STINK!

They're sitting here watching movies during this pointless week of class and of course, most probably haven't taken those long, puffy coats off since October, even when in a room with all the windows shut and a fully functional aircon.

Offline sbk

• Veteran
« Reply #9459 on: February 13, 2019, 03:45:41 PM »
It seems like they do a lot of unnecessary things over here. At my local train station they just removed 2 perfectly good bike racks and replaced them with one small one. Now the available bike spaces have gone down from about 30 to about 7. So now people are leaving their bikes In various places. It's quite hard to find a place to leave your bike now.