December 11, 2018, 01:25:10 AM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 1210457 times)

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #5120 on: May 08, 2017, 07:44:53 AM »
Hoho, baby, was I steaming fuckin' mad on Friday night.

Go out in Sanbon with ma mate, Willie T. Grab some beers, s'all good. Strike up a convo with a couple of Koreans (30 and 50 y/o) This leads to darts at the bar, this leads to noraebang.

Now, I know how I like my noraebang. Cheap and quiet. 20 000 up front, leave us alone in the room so I can mix my cocktails in peace. I ain't paying 5000W for a 330ml of Cass.

So we get in, at the 30 y/o choice. It's 15 000. Jesus, not bad.

So we get in the room and the clock says 180 mins. F'in hell, I don't wanna sing for three damn hours.

Food comes in. Fuuuuuu I don't want food. And it's always shit food at NRB, and it's always 50 000W. Goddammit, alright, try to have a good time.

50 y/o leaves, says goodbye. Fair play, his English was shitty. It's late.

20 mins later.

So, I'm singing Adele. 30 y/o guy goes out. I don't care, he's pissing or sumthin. Keep singing.

BUT WAIT. Where's my phone? I swear................. NO.

Run outside. There's dingus-**** right outside the lobby, my phone in one hand, pushing the down elevator button with the other.

I grab him by his collar, sit him down.

"Where in fukk do you think you're going?"

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"No, seriously, what the fukk are you doing?"

Looks down

"Why do you have my phone. No, really, where are you going"

Nothing.

"Willie T, you ready to bail?"

"Fookin A, man."

Pick him up, push him back into the noraebang, jet down 8 flights of stairs.

Fukk that guy.  >:(
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #5121 on: May 08, 2017, 08:03:38 AM »
And again, blood pressure up. That's super angering.

But seriously, you've been here long enough - how have you not learned to ignore randoms if they try to talk to you? Like, just say no to randoms.

Eh, we were both talking to each other. hahaha, damn Canadian politeness.

donovan

« Reply #5122 on: May 08, 2017, 09:12:20 AM »

In his defense, he probably didn't expect that you would figure out he took your cell phone until you had at least finished your song, at which point he would have been out the door and you probably would have never seen each other ever again.

I can see where he's coming from.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #5123 on: May 08, 2017, 09:34:05 AM »

In his defense, he probably didn't expect that you would figure out he took your cell phone until you had at least finished your song, at which point he would have been out the door and you probably would have never seen each other ever again.

Well, yeah. But.....what?

donovan

« Reply #5124 on: May 08, 2017, 10:09:32 AM »

this + basedcowboy's reply are THE quintessential waygook.com responses anytime someone tells a personal story

:laugh:

I believe there's one more equally valid waygook.com user response to that story: He was obviously racist toward white people.

That plus the 30 pages of replies on (reverse-/overt-/micro-)racism that follow thereafter.

Online Aristocrat

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5125 on: May 08, 2017, 10:33:55 AM »
Why is stealing phones still a thing these days? Phones have become rather easy to trace and block.

Back in the 90s, I remember a rather nefarious acquaintance telling me that after stealing a phone, he'd wrap it in tin foil and store it away for 3 months to avoid it being traced.

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5126 on: May 08, 2017, 10:43:30 AM »

this + basedcowboy's reply are THE quintessential waygook.com responses anytime someone tells a personal story

:laugh:

I believe there's one more equally valid waygook.com user response to that story: He was obviously racist toward white people.

That plus the 30 pages of replies on (reverse-/overt-/micro-)racism that follow thereafter.

Well... that makes my blood boil, too. But maybe if you look at it from their perspective it's not so bad. Anyway, don't let it bother you. Do you know the Korean culture? I do, but back home they don't do it like that. So maybe you should just leave. And stop complaining. And what's worse is the folks who complain about the complaining! Amirite? Maybe I'm just sick of eating boiled weeds for lunch everyday. Uncivilized peasants. But what I really don't understand is why can't people just leave me alone when I'm using public transportation?! I'm pretty lonely though, I mean there's no waygooks in my town. Ughhh. Korea. Costco. People. Living. Something something ajumma bumped into me on the street.

Best of luck.

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5127 on: May 08, 2017, 11:24:31 AM »
Are anyone else's kids completely dead? I blame the holiday and the fact that my classroom is 80 degrees.

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5128 on: May 08, 2017, 11:34:30 AM »
I missed my stop on the ktx and went from dongdaegu to daejeon. I now have no way home for work tomorrow. I'm having a nice panic attack as a result

Maybe there are still buses running from the local bus terminal? Otherwise, taxi as a last resort or catch the earliest transit back in the morning. 

Also try 1330, should be the Korean tourism hotline.  They can look up that stuff for you or help you find the best way back.

Nah, the busses stop running into my town after a certain point.

I did realize that there's a midnight train out of Daegu that runs today, luckily. Last time I tried to use it on a Sunday, it wasn't in service so hooray for small miracles. Gonna be sick as all hell and piss tired for tomorrow though.

So you started at Dong-Daegu and missed your stop and ended up in Daejeon? Just curious, where were you supposed to get off, Gumi?

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #5129 on: May 08, 2017, 11:40:42 AM »
Myself, on the other hand, know that Waygook.org user CO2 is generally not dumb, and was wondering why, as a generally not dumb person, he would do a dumb thing like go to noraebang with some randos off the street. While at the same time sympathizing with him, because someone trying to jack your phone is totally lame.

Offline robin_teacher

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5130 on: May 08, 2017, 11:47:38 AM »
My classroom flooded a couple of weeks ago due to some issue in the kitchen classroom upstairs (the water was pouring through the ceiling and down the walls for over 24 hours). I'm back in it now and the walls are stained and the floorboards are warped. None of the electrical wiring has been checked and of the 2 fire escapes in my side of the building one is bike-locked and the other is padlocked with a 6ft tall pile of light-bulbs in front of it.

We lost a lot of decent English story-books and resources I'd been hoarding for our next low/no-budget camp.

When we cleaned up my colleague enlisted the help of some nearby students and had them sweeping up water (yes, sweeping) by her, still-plugged in with a multi-adapter, computer, printer etc (I grabbed something dry and non-conducting and unplugged it as soon as I realized).

I'm feeling pretty burnt-out on it. Like I've blown my safety-outrage fuse or something.  :-[

donovan

« Reply #5131 on: May 08, 2017, 12:13:34 PM »
Are anyone else's kids completely dead? I blame the holiday and the fact that my classroom is 80 degrees.

Opposite. I'm half dead from some sort of cold/viral infection and the kids were kind of off-the-wall loud today. Luckily I only had one class (so far) today, and it happened to be right after some sort of sexual harassment awareness presentation (for 6th graders????) they all had just attended.

But my classroom is like 80 degrees.

Waygook.org user donovan is obviously being facetious in his post, making a joke about how whenever anyone posts anything that happened to them, someone will inevitably find a way to say it was their fault.

Actually my motives in that post were far more basic (base?) than that. I wasn't trying to satirize the typical Koreapologists on this site. I was being facetious, but the joke as I saw it was just that someone might see that man's actions as perfectly reasonable, his only fault being in that he was caught. Ultimately though, I was hoping that anyone reading it would recognize the singularity of my wit and that my standing would rise favorably in their estimation and I might get a kick of dopamine from their approval which would temporarily prop up my fickle ego until I take things too far on the jerk-scale as I did with waygook.com user Chester Jim a couple days ago. It's really just a rebound post for me.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 12:16:20 PM by donovan »

Offline kobayashi

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5132 on: May 08, 2017, 12:41:12 PM »
I missed my stop on the ktx and went from dongdaegu to daejeon. I now have no way home for work tomorrow. I'm having a nice panic attack as a result

Maybe there are still buses running from the local bus terminal? Otherwise, taxi as a last resort or catch the earliest transit back in the morning. 

Also try 1330, should be the Korean tourism hotline.  They can look up that stuff for you or help you find the best way back.

I did realize that there's a midnight train out of Daegu that runs today, luckily. Last time I tried to use it on a Sunday, it wasn't in service so hooray for small miracles. Gonna be sick as all hell and piss tired for tomorrow though.

So you went FROM dongdaegu to Daejeon. so you ended up in Daejeon. and then you took a train out of .... Daegu? the place you started at?

that doesn't make any sense at all. how could you have taken a midnight train out of Daegu if you were in Daejeon?

also Dave Stepz, make sure you check which one of your sock accounts you're logged in under next time.  :wink:

everyone now knows that you and gprinziv are the same person.

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5133 on: May 08, 2017, 12:56:51 PM »
This weekend I took my bike down to Gunsan and planned on riding the Geumgang and Ocheon path. I wanted to knock those two off my bike passport and get the stamps for it. I'm 100kms into it when I get to the stamp booth at Sejong City and found that some tool stole the stamp! I really hate it when that happens. Not often, but from time to time.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #5134 on: May 08, 2017, 01:30:38 PM »
Still annoyed that one of my schools canceled its school birthday holiday next week.  Wasn't able to use the computer at all today due to construction and being bounced from random room to random room, but at least my coT had the courtesy and foresight to warn me about that before classes today. 

Tomorrow's gonna be a nice, lazy day~

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5135 on: May 08, 2017, 01:40:54 PM »

So you went FROM dongdaegu to Daejeon. so you ended up in Daejeon. and then you took a train out of .... Daegu? the place you started at?

that doesn't make any sense at all. how could you have taken a midnight train out of Daegu if you were in Daejeon?

also Dave Stepz, make sure you check which one of your sock accounts you're logged in under next time.  :wink:

everyone now knows that you and gprinziv are the same person.

I saw that about the account too, hahaha, oooops.

I think what he meant by there was another train leaving Daegu, was that that meant there would be another train that he could catch when it passes through Daejeon to Ansan...

Online oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5136 on: May 08, 2017, 04:12:30 PM »
my work computer was barely useable and slower than a potato, so i uninstalled every korean "security" program, and now it works like a charm

what's the deal with the likes of AhnLab anyway? why is it so utterly useless, yet so prominent?

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #5137 on: May 08, 2017, 04:42:12 PM »
The weather may be nicer but the centipedes are back.  :cry: :cry:

One was on the wall next to my face, wiggling its feelers at me. 

Offline grey

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Cya West Japan aka Baby China
« Reply #5138 on: May 08, 2017, 06:43:23 PM »
my work computer was barely useable and slower than a potato, so i uninstalled every korean "security" program, and now it works like a charm

what's the deal with the likes of AhnLab anyway? why is it so utterly useless, yet so prominent?

It's spyware. That's its purpose. I joked than when moonmoon wins, no more ahnlab.
Ko fills half his luggage with instant noodles for his international business travels, a lesson he learned after assuming on his first trip that three packages would suffice for six days. “Man, was I wrong. Since then, I always make sure I pack enough.”
-AP

Online oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5139 on: May 08, 2017, 07:43:34 PM »

It's spyware. That's its purpose. I joked than when moonmoon wins, no more ahnlab.
every time i uninstalled it, it auto reinstalled the next time i restarted the computer. i had to force uninstall it using a particular program i found. insane.