December 15, 2018, 04:17:26 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 1220567 times)

Offline Lurch

• Expert Waygook
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #5100 on: April 28, 2017, 03:16:59 PM »
You want a deskwarming website? The genius that is The Perry Bible Fellowship.

PBF is great and all, but some of them are very NSFW.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #5101 on: April 28, 2017, 03:19:33 PM »
You want a deskwarming website? The genius that is The Perry Bible Fellowship.

PBF is great and all, but some of them are very NSFW.

If you're dicking around at work, EVERYTHING is NSFW
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Offline bluehermione

• Veteran
« Reply #5102 on: May 02, 2017, 10:35:58 AM »
I really want to strangle the Sports Day MC at the school next door. He's being so obnoxious. :evil:

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5103 on: May 02, 2017, 11:48:47 AM »
The best PBF

[img width= height=]http://pbfcomics.com/archive_b/PBF103-Nice_Shirt.gif[/img]

Just kidding they're all amazing.

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5104 on: May 02, 2017, 12:12:00 PM »
My bf got my hopes up about going to the Hogsmeade cafe in Daegu this holiday weekend only to dash them.  :cry:

Online Mister Tim

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5105 on: May 02, 2017, 12:28:28 PM »
Today was the last day of midterms and they finished at 12:30, so all the teachers get to leave early and get a head start on the long holiday weekend.

Oops, did I say all the teachers? I mean all the Korean teachers. I've been informed that I "should stay until 4:30."

Sigh.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 01:21:38 PM by Mister Tim »

Offline bluehermione

• Veteran
« Reply #5106 on: May 02, 2017, 01:16:53 PM »
My bf got my hopes up about going to the Hogsmeade cafe in Daegu this holiday weekend only to dash them.  :cry:

They recently changed their name and theme. It's called "King's Cross in Urban" now, and all the explicitly Harry Potter-related decorations and menu items are gone. :sad: I was just there for the first time last weekend and was really disappointed. I wanted to have a butterbeer!

It still has a medieval / Halloweeny look, but it's just not as cool  :cry:

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5107 on: May 02, 2017, 01:23:44 PM »

They recently changed their name and theme. It's called "King's Cross in Urban" now, and all the explicitly Harry Potter-related decorations and menu items are gone. :sad: I was just there for the first time last weekend and was really disappointed. I wanted to have a butterbeer!

Oh my goodness, that is incredibly disappointing! I was just checking out their FB page and it looked pretty cool, but I also didn't see when the dates were that they were posted.

Offline bluehermione

• Veteran
« Reply #5108 on: May 02, 2017, 01:37:34 PM »

Oh my goodness, that is incredibly disappointing! I was just checking out their FB page and it looked pretty cool, but I also didn't see when the dates were that they were posted.

Yeah, I did the same. I don't think they've updated their FB for a while. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I figured it's better to know than to go there expecting one thing and then getting something totally different!

Offline magicmumu

• Adventurer
« Reply #5109 on: May 03, 2017, 08:17:22 AM »
My Co-T loves showing this video and I cringe every time I see it.

I cringe at the voice acting, I HATE THE VOICES IN THIS VIDEO. IT'S THE SAME SOUND OVER OVER AND OVER. "이이이 오우? 오우?? 오우~~~~~? I cringe at the animation. It looks like it was made in 17 frames per second. It's not fluid. It's the ugliest baby ever put to film.

I detest this video so much.

That's probably the ugliest cartoon baby I've ever seen  :laugh: The video creeps me out for some reason. Do the kids at least like it?

This is 9 minutes of my life I am never getting back. I thought there would be some sort of surprise ending maybe some words or something... Nope. Just pieces of my soul wisping away second by second...  :cry:
Treat others how you would like to be treated. Seriously.

Offline KimDuHan

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5110 on: May 03, 2017, 09:49:22 PM »
An ajumma cut me off in line today! Glad I'm leaving soon!

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5111 on: May 04, 2017, 09:13:11 AM »

Yeah, I did the same. I don't think they've updated their FB for a while. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I figured it's better to know than to go there expecting one thing and then getting something totally different!
Haha, well then I guess my bf is off the hook. He (unknowingly) saved me from the disappointment.

Offline magicmumu

• Adventurer
« Reply #5112 on: May 06, 2017, 01:55:43 AM »
This is the second time this year that my credit card has been copied and used.  In the winter, it was used while I was in Sweden.  They tried putting 500 won first for somewhere in Canada to see if it worked so my card company stopped it quick smart as that flagged up possible fraud.  This morning, I am invigilating my students and got a message about 200 dollars in Pizza Hut in Peoria, and then 5 dollars in Subway.  Then I didn't have enough left for another 200 dollars they tried to put through. F*cking wankers.  Will see what my card company come back with after they checked with the seller.  I'm sure the message service is there for that reason that if I get messages for things I'm not doing, and I call up directly, then surely I shouldn't be liable for the fraudulent use.  C*nts!
Thats an awful lot of pizza.

I don't have a credit card, thank god. But yeah I would think that a message service that lets you know about activity is exactly there so that you can phone and say "hey this isn't me" and then they would have to do something about it....

I work in Capitol One's fraud department (saving up for an in class TEFL course as I am hopeless doing it online right now  :undecided:), and a lot of credit cards do. I don't know about each individual company, especially any in Korea, but that is something that they have to do. I know this is months late, but I just wanted to throw that out there.

Offline magicmumu

• Adventurer
« Reply #5113 on: May 06, 2017, 01:59:31 AM »
This is the second time this year that my credit card has been copied and used.  In the winter, it was used while I was in Sweden.  They tried putting 500 won first for somewhere in Canada to see if it worked so my card company stopped it quick smart as that flagged up possible fraud.  This morning, I am invigilating my students and got a message about 200 dollars in Pizza Hut in Peoria, and then 5 dollars in Subway.  Then I didn't have enough left for another 200 dollars they tried to put through. F*cking wankers.  Will see what my card company come back with after they checked with the seller.  I'm sure the message service is there for that reason that if I get messages for things I'm not doing, and I call up directly, then surely I shouldn't be liable for the fraudulent use.  C*nts!
Thats an awful lot of pizza.

I don't have a credit card, thank god. but yeah I would think that a message service that lets you know about activity is exactly there so that you can phone and say "hey this isn't me" and then they would have to do something about it....

It's actually a smoother process to claim fraud on a credit card than on a debit card. I don't know how it is in Canada (or Korea, for that matter, but Korea makes everything difficult), but I've experienced both when I was in the states and although I prefer to avoid the situation in general, if I had to choose, I'd rather have fraudulent transactions on my credit card.

Edit: Also, I'm glad your situation worked out at school :D Hopefully things will be less stressful.

Yeah, with a credit card, the company takes the time to recover the funds and the credit card user has zero liability. The debit card is harder because it is your money, and i believe at least in the United States that the user has to be a lot more proactive.

Offline magicmumu

• Adventurer

Offline gprinziv

• Adventurer
« Reply #5115 on: May 07, 2017, 07:26:59 PM »
I missed my stop on the ktx and went from dongdaegu to daejeon. I now have no way home for work tomorrow. I'm having a nice panic attack as a result

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #5116 on: May 07, 2017, 08:24:40 PM »
I missed my stop on the ktx and went from dongdaegu to daejeon. I now have no way home for work tomorrow. I'm having a nice panic attack as a result

Maybe there are still buses running from the local bus terminal? Otherwise, taxi as a last resort or catch the earliest transit back in the morning. 

Also try 1330, should be the Korean tourism hotline.  They can look up that stuff for you or help you find the best way back.

Online sligo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5117 on: May 07, 2017, 08:38:28 PM »

There are at least 10 trains before midnight:

http://www.letskorail.com/ebizbf/EbizBfTicketSearch.do#

Offline gprinziv

• Adventurer
« Reply #5118 on: May 07, 2017, 10:51:35 PM »

Maybe there are still buses running from the local bus terminal? Otherwise, taxi as a last resort or catch the earliest transit back in the morning. 

Also try 1330, should be the Korean tourism hotline.  They can look up that stuff for you or help you find the best way back.

Nah, the busses stop running into my town after a certain point.

I did realize that there's a midnight train out of Daegu that runs today, luckily. Last time I tried to use it on a Sunday, it wasn't in service so hooray for small miracles. Gonna be sick as all hell and piss tired for tomorrow though.

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne