December 12, 2018, 12:00:42 PM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 1212940 times)

Online Mister Tim

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #3920 on: February 13, 2017, 11:58:52 AM »
I always wondered about these stores, are they actually any good?

Online is the way to go, loads of places deliver here now. Its just a shame about the import limit  :sad: I always have to split my orders.

The quality seems to vary. I'm no fashionista, so I know f*ck all about brands, but there was a decent range of prices at the shops I walked in to. I ended up getting cheap stuff, which I regretted less than a year later when it started to fall apart  :laugh:.

I don't like online shopping for clothes unless it's a brand, style, and cut that i know for a fact will fit me. I much prefer to be able to try stuff on first. I only go home once every 2.5 years, apparently, but every time I do, I go on a huge clothes shopping spree so I'll have stuff to last until the next time I go, haha.

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3921 on: February 14, 2017, 10:46:02 AM »

Offline kimchi_mandu

• Veteran
« Reply #3922 on: February 14, 2017, 11:37:24 AM »
Doing some online window shopping, sort of looking for new Jeans and I'm horrified by what's "fashionable" these days.

http://www.asos.com/asos/asos-authentic-straight-leg-jeans-in-james-wash-with-fringe-hem/prd/7006082?iid=7006082&clr=Jamesdarkwash&SearchQuery=&cid=17014&pgesize=36&pge=14&totalstyles=669&gridsize=4&gridrow=5&gridcolumn=4

Who would wear that?

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

I've been seeing a lot of hideous jeans recently, not quite as bad as those but still cropped and....fringed? The ladies of Dongdaemun are wearing them despite it being below zero most of the time.  :huh: I really don't get it at all.
Also, the cold-shoulder top trend must die. Not only is it fugly, but totally inappropriate for work in Korea. Asos, get your sh*t together!

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3923 on: February 15, 2017, 09:55:30 AM »
Doing some online window shopping, sort of looking for new Jeans and I'm horrified by what's "fashionable" these days.

http://www.asos.com/asos/asos-authentic-straight-leg-jeans-in-james-wash-with-fringe-hem/prd/7006082?iid=7006082&clr=Jamesdarkwash&SearchQuery=&cid=17014&pgesize=36&pge=14&totalstyles=669&gridsize=4&gridrow=5&gridcolumn=4

Who would wear that?

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

I've been seeing a lot of hideous jeans recently, not quite as bad as those but still cropped and....fringed? The ladies of Dongdaemun are wearing them despite it being below zero most of the time.  :huh: I really don't get it at all.
Also, the cold-shoulder top trend must die. Not only is it fugly, but totally inappropriate for work in Korea. Asos, get your sh*t together!

Yes, its awful! There are so many horrible trends right now, why have the 90s come back around? Dresses and jeans again?  :huh: :huh:

I'm in such a flump today. Students and Teachers are still here but no classes so it's a deskwarming day without the freedom to just put my feet up and go to sleep or disappear for an hour at lunch!

I can't concentrate on anything or follow though on old tasks, I'm bored but also not bored enough to do anything about my boredom!  >:(

Offline Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #3924 on: February 15, 2017, 10:34:47 AM »
Fashion always recycles. xD They might add a twist here and there, but a lot of fashion is about doing what's been done already, sometimes with the only difference being in the colors or type of fabrics used.

I agree, though, some things need to remain in the past. Jeans shouldn't look like granny panties on top.

I'm sleepy today, so I can't focus on work. At all.

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3925 on: February 15, 2017, 01:12:59 PM »
One of the teachers in my school is retiring so they're having a big goodbye meal tonight at some a wedding hall/plaza place. Its to say goodbye to all the other teachers who are leaving too, including me. It's 33,000 each so I'm hoping it'll be nice.

Anyway the retiring teacher decided to buy every teacher in the school a present, nothing fancy, it's an umbrella.
but do i get one? ......Of course not.

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #3926 on: February 15, 2017, 01:36:24 PM »
Pennypie, I have 18 umbrellas and counting.

You are welcome to one of mine.

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3927 on: February 15, 2017, 01:41:18 PM »
Hhaha thanks Pecan!

Are they weird fake burberry pattern ones too? I like the ajeossi style  :cheesy:

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #3928 on: February 15, 2017, 01:55:29 PM »
Half are shorties, while the rest are "golf" style or disposable.

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3929 on: February 15, 2017, 03:23:28 PM »
This trash printer might have finally just died. That would be great if I weren't trying to print this movie ticket. Guess I'll try and print it at the cinema; hopefully I can figure it out.  :P Maybe the school will finally replace this ancient behemoth with one that will print without jamming every three pages.

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3930 on: February 16, 2017, 07:48:58 AM »
The teacher who was supposed to be teaching camp with me isn't coming in (she's just "cashing in" all of her remaining sick days).

She's leaving at the end of the month so I suppose she doesn't care.  Can't blame her really but did no one foresee that she would do this?

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3931 on: February 16, 2017, 07:55:39 AM »
The teacher who was supposed to be teaching camp with me isn't coming in (she's just "cashing in" all of her remaining sick days).

She's leaving at the end of the month so I suppose she doesn't care.  Can't blame her really but did no one foresee that she would do this?

Are you public school? Seems weird they bring in another foreign teacher.

Anyway that sucks for you though, kinda selfish of her even if she is leaving.

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3932 on: February 16, 2017, 08:03:25 AM »

Are you public school? Seems weird they bring in another foreign teacher.

Anyway that sucks for you though, kinda selfish of her even if she is leaving.

Ah sorry I wasn't clear, yes public school but it's a Korean contract teacher who was down to do the camp with me.  My school hasn't renewed her contract so this camp should have been the last thing she had to do before leaving.

It's frustrating because it's always the same.  Teachers are on the plan to do the camp but always seem to be able to wriggle out of it and not bother coming so I'm left to do everything alone. 

Offline Lurch

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3933 on: February 16, 2017, 08:15:28 AM »
It genuinely blows my mind how budgets are allocated sometimes. The amount of peripheral teaching materials of dubious actual use that are bought is astonishing, and then essentials like printers are completely neglected.

My 'new' computer at work is a real piece of, well, work. It's got a 2-year-old i5-6600, which is great! Unfortunately, they've seen fit to cripple it with a mere 2gb of RAM. Sigh.

I think I've got a couple 4gb sticks in the shed somewhere. If there were any reassurance they wouldn't disappear into someone-more-important-than-me's computer when I'm not looking, I might even stick em in.

Offline Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #3934 on: February 16, 2017, 09:05:02 AM »
It genuinely blows my mind how budgets are allocated sometimes. The amount of peripheral teaching materials of dubious actual use that are bought is astonishing, and then essentials like printers are completely neglected.

My 'new' computer at work is a real piece of, well, work. It's got a 2-year-old i5-6600, which is great! Unfortunately, they've seen fit to cripple it with a mere 2gb of RAM. Sigh.

I think I've got a couple 4gb sticks in the shed somewhere. If there were any reassurance they wouldn't disappear into someone-more-important-than-me's computer when I'm not looking, I might even stick em in.

I mean, RAM is cheap-as-free. I'd do it anyways.

And you can always take it with you later.

Online MaximusPrime

• Veteran
« Reply #3935 on: February 16, 2017, 09:13:03 AM »
My computer in the main office was broken... pretty sure the power source and for sure the RAM. They replaced the ram with 1GB :shocked:..... 3 min to open PPT... thanks! Whole comp still crashes.
But I get to be out of the office and in the English room :)

Offline Loki88

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3936 on: February 16, 2017, 09:51:02 AM »
This trash printer might have finally just died. That would be great if I weren't trying to print this movie ticket. Guess I'll try and print it at the cinema; hopefully I can figure it out.  :P Maybe the school will finally replace this ancient behemoth with one that will print without jamming every three pages.

I have a really, really nice touch screen white board thingy in all of my classrooms. (I forget the brand name.) We are not allowed to use them.

We haven't had coloured ink since partway through my first year here (3 years ago) since the school doesn't have enough money.

But we did re-do the English classrooms! And kept the electric whiteboard thingy!

Offline Loki88

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3937 on: February 16, 2017, 09:52:44 AM »

My old computer was put together before I started high school... Best excuse to bring and use my laptop.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #3938 on: February 16, 2017, 10:08:10 AM »

I have a really, really nice touch screen white board thingy in all of my classrooms. (I forget the brand name.) We are not allowed to use them.

We haven't had coloured ink since partway through my first year here (3 years ago) since the school doesn't have enough money.

But we did re-do the English classrooms! And kept the electric whiteboard thingy!

*ink of colour
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Offline devsterl

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3939 on: February 17, 2017, 08:05:05 AM »
Thought yesterday was my last day of school before I leave Korea. Yesterday a teacher told me that there was no school today. Students came to my class for good byes and photos and everything.

HOWEVER, this morning I get a message from a teacher waiting outside my home to give me a lift to school...

Now here I am at @^@$^&@#$^ing school for 9 hours doing $W@#%#$^#$ing nothing. Didn't have time to shower or brush my teeth. Feel like strangling the teacher  :evil: :evil: :evil:.

Can't wait to be at my new school in China.