April 21, 2018, 01:36:07 PM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 842939 times)

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #3380 on: December 22, 2016, 10:08:38 AM »
Much truth.

It's frightening, creepy, and just plain weird when some random grown adult won't simply just leave another alone, especially after being asked repeatedly.

One would think cyberspace is big enough for all to exist without fear of being stalked.

One time she called him 21 times in one day from a payphone because he'd blocked her cell number and her friends' cell numbers

Since changing it, literally maybe 5 people in the world have his phone number and he's super cautious about giving it out

Stalking ain't a joke. I hope that you manage to shake off whoever's harassing you, Pecan

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3381 on: December 22, 2016, 10:50:06 AM »
I woke up this morning and my BF had decorated the whole house all chrismassy because it is my favourite time of the year, but also especially hard being away from my family, and I have been doing Christmas crafts with all my classes, so I was having a good day. Today is 7 classes back to back, and in my 20 minutes to make myself lunch (right now), my CT and a bunch of teachers are having a big Christmas party in the kitchen. I know my one CT and I don't get along, but it does suck to be so blatantly excluded. I just walked out without making lunch.  Meh. And maybe this is just me being overly sensitive, but do they (CTs) even realise that this is a hard time for many of us being away from our families and friends?

Aarghh I'm just down and hungry.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3382 on: December 22, 2016, 11:35:42 AM »
And .... now she just decided that our camp lesson plan needs to change. Material list and plan is due today. It has to change now,  WTAF?
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline sixtieshappy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3383 on: December 22, 2016, 12:31:55 PM »
Sooo lunch was a classic rice and spaghetti combo so I'm for sure on the pathway to diabetes.  AND the spaghetti sauce contained kiwi, which were clearly left over from the whole kiwis we were given yesterday.

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3384 on: December 22, 2016, 12:36:54 PM »
2 of the worst behaved 4th graders are coming to camp. Luckily there are only 10 total so hopefully they'll be better behaved, but I'm not going to tolerate any nonsense from them.

Next year I won't have a coteacher for 3rd and 4th grade so the homeroom teachers will try and be my coteachers. That's 8 new coteachers, and most of them barely speak English, and some not at all. I'm already stressed out about it.

Gmarket texted me and said my order had been shipped, but the site has said "shipping soon" for a week now. I raved about how fast shipping was but I take it all back.

But at least there's only 22 days, 9 hours, and 28 minutes until I'm on a plane home for break.

EDIT: I remembered the other thing I wanted to rant about. We ordered the supplies for camp and we spend about 20,000 on shipping, which was 1/5 of our budget. I wish we could have just gone to the store and bought what we needed but nope we had to order it online and pay the 2,500 shipping for each thing we ordered. Sigh.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 12:50:01 PM by flyingspider »

Online grey

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Cya West Japan aka Baby China
« Reply #3385 on: December 22, 2016, 12:38:40 PM »
Made in New Zealand

Designed in Korea
Ko fills half his luggage with instant noodles for his international business travels, a lesson he learned after assuming on his first trip that three packages would suffice for six days. “Man, was I wrong. Since then, I always make sure I pack enough.”
-AP

Offline sixtieshappy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3386 on: December 22, 2016, 12:41:56 PM »
The squatters make sense for pooing, but if you're a lady and you need to urinate, it can be difficult to use the squatter and not get urine on your clothes.

I don't know, I don't have any problems with this.

I think the trick is to pull your pants/short down low enough, and then to squat low enough. Like, your butt should be down pretty close to your ankles.

As a woman I can confirm that it's pretty easy to pee squatting over a squatty, regular toilet, bush, cooler, stream or sewer grate. Believe in yourself and anything is possible.

Doesn't your stream sometimes go off in different directions?  Especially when wearing a tampon

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3387 on: December 22, 2016, 12:53:16 PM »
I like you, Chinguetti, I really do, but - cereal is never breakfast.

It's literally sugar lumps in glandular cow juice. Ew.

Makes a good dessert, though. But not substantial enough for your first meal.

HEY!

Cereal has been my don't-have-enough-time-to-cook food since forever.

But yeah, it really doesn't do me over before lunch anymore. Either I'm going to have to start time-managing my mornings better so that I can cook a decent breakfast or I'm gonna have to start keeping a jar of nuts on my desk.

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3388 on: December 22, 2016, 12:57:15 PM »
The squatters make sense for pooing, but if you're a lady and you need to urinate, it can be difficult to use the squatter and not get urine on your clothes.

I think the trick is to pull your pants/short down low enough, and then to squat low enough. Like, your butt should be down pretty close to your ankles.

As a woman I can confirm that it's pretty easy to pee squatting over a squatty, regular toilet, bush, cooler, stream or sewer grate. Believe in yourself and anything is possible.

Doesn't your stream sometimes go off in different directions?  Especially when wearing a tampon

... this might be a little too detailed for some, but I think when you squat low enough and with your legs far enough apart, things down there tend to get arranged in a way so that the stream is more predictably in a downward fashion.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3389 on: December 22, 2016, 01:17:59 PM »

... this might be a little too detailed for some, but I think when you squat low enough and with your legs far enough apart, things down there tend to get arranged in a way so that the stream is more predictably in a downward fashion.

+1

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3390 on: December 22, 2016, 01:21:39 PM »
Gmarket texted me and said my order had been shipped, but the site has said "shipping soon" for a week now. I raved about how fast shipping was but I take it all back.

What does the tracking information say? The system is automated, so you won't get the shipping notification text unless it also says shipping has started on the website / mobile version, too. If you check the tracking status, it should show you where your package is. If the site still says 'preparing shipment' after a week, though, you should contact the seller, or cancel your order, get the refund, and buy it from another seller.

But yeah - literally impossible to get the automated Gmarket shipping-has-begun text and have the website display something different.

I hope your package shows up soon!
Here's the text they sent.
http://imgur.com/vowJ0wj
and what the website currently shows.
http://imgur.com/VPoLv55

I just sent the seller a message, and if they don't respond in the next day I'll cancel it and try again from someone else.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 01:25:03 PM by flyingspider »

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #3391 on: December 22, 2016, 01:24:35 PM »
Funny, but true.

If you are managing to soil yourself in any fashion, you most definitely are doing something wrong.

If you aren't flexible or out of shape, you might not be able to squat.

Korean kids grow up doing it, so it's not a thing to them.

Your feet need to be flat against the floor with he back of your leg pressed to the back of your calves.

Only way you are going to get soiled is by falling backwards or from blowback ;)

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3392 on: December 22, 2016, 01:30:44 PM »

HEY!

But yeah, it really doesn't do me over before lunch anymore. Either I'm going to have to start time-managing my mornings better so that I can cook a decent breakfast or I'm gonna have to start keeping a jar of nuts on my desk.

Depends on the cereal. There are healthier options than the chocolate frosted sugar bomb variety.

I've actually become quite fond of a bran cereal I've found here. In spite of my sweet tooth, it has hardly any sweetness so I'm surprised I like it.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #3393 on: December 22, 2016, 01:34:02 PM »
I'm ****ing starving.  >:(

Cereal just isn't enough for breakfast anymore.

I try to stay away from cereal, but it was on sale and my wife has been having weird appetites lately so I broke down and bought a few boxes of Corn Flight. I meant it for rushed breakfasts but I find myself coming home from school and having a bowl (similar to my other elementary school days!) and then feeling a little ill for dinner...

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3394 on: December 22, 2016, 01:40:07 PM »
On the squat-peeing note, there are other methods.

And if those methods don't work for you, there's always this.

Do what you gotta do. ಠ_ಠ

Almonds are on sale at HomePlus across the land, these days.

Also, boiled eggs are literally the best yum-yum of breakfast. Boil them, they keep in the fridge forever. Crack one of those suckers open and dump salt on it, make a giant cup of coffee, and baby, you've got a breakfast goin'.

Call me spoiled, but I don't like boiled eggs more than a day old because they take on a rubbery texture that everyone says I'm imagining but I swear does exist. I also prefer eggs poached in broth and placed on toast. Doesn't take long to make, but I literally leave myself with zero time to cook anything most mornings these days.

I'll have to check out that almond sale, though. Nuts here are ridiculously expensive.

Depends on the cereal. There are healthier options than the chocolate frosted sugar bomb variety.

I've actually become quite fond of a bran cereal I've found here. In spite of my sweet tooth, it has hardly any sweetness so I'm surprised I like it.

I agree. I do enjoy the sugar bomb cereals, not gonna lie about that, but I generally tend to eat more adult-type cereals like Wheaties, natural granola/muesli, and this new raisin bran type of cereal that I've discovered in a local store.

But I really need some protein in the mornings. I'm going to try making a small cup of cereal a morning side-dish.

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3395 on: December 22, 2016, 02:13:59 PM »
I'm ****ing starving.  >:(
Cereal just isn't enough for breakfast anymore.
You would love my breakfast: coffee. With milk. *And* 2 spoons of refined white sugar. Lunch is more of the same!
Then I get home and ravenously devour whatever I can find in my apartment. (Luckily it's usually a crockpot full of hot, vegetably goodness.)

I've been doing the same thing. Black coffee all day. First meal is when I get home around 5. Don't know how it works but it does.

Offline JahMoo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3396 on: December 22, 2016, 02:55:28 PM »

+1
How do you spread your legs far enough with pants around your ankles?
And if I squatted any lower, I'm sure the stream would probably start aiming upwards (joke)! I've peed on my clothes twice already, I don't have enough faith in your tips to try this again.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Hopeless Romantic
« Reply #3397 on: December 22, 2016, 03:05:34 PM »
And if I squatted any lower, I'm sure the stream would probably start aiming upwards (joke)! I've peed on my clothes twice already, I don't have enough faith in your tips to try this again.
This advice should be given to everyone. Man, woman. Old, young. Gay, straight.

Life is too short not to learn how to spread your legs.

Offline Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3398 on: December 22, 2016, 03:14:17 PM »

HEY!

I usually do cereal and peanut butter on toast (well, sandwiches here, as I don't have a toaster / place for a toaster) for breakfast. However, I have been too exhausted in the mornings the last 3 weeks or so, and haven't had time for breakfast :( I usually use a healthy cereal, like toasted muesli, however, I haven't been able to find it here, so I get the blueberry special K :P

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #3399 on: December 22, 2016, 03:15:31 PM »
This advice should be given to everyone. Man, woman. Old, young. Gay, straight.

Life is too short not to learn how to spread your legs.

Where's Adel when you need him?

Learn new things. Meet new people. Be inspired.
The 2018 KOTESOL National Conference. Crossing Borders: Korean ELT in the Modern World. May 12 Kangnam University, Yongin
koreatesol.org/nc2018