February 22, 2019, 10:19:33 PM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 1303297 times)

sligo

Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #9300 on: December 12, 2018, 12:25:28 PM »
I really don't mind the constant "Do you have a girlfriend?" question being asked by Koreans (save the time that it was the immediate follow-up to when the taxi driver asked me where I was going), but what gets me is when you say "No" and they ask "Why?"

It's already awkward enough, but it gets even more so if the answer is:

• I recently broke up.
  • My partner died.
  • I don't want a relationship.

Bet they'd stop asking then (or at least, I'd hope).

Answer them with the same question:

Korean: Do you gave a girlfriend?

Real person: Do you have a girlfriend / boyfriend?  (Imply homosexuality if you feel mischievious, watch them squirm)

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #9301 on: December 12, 2018, 12:35:10 PM »
I really don't mind the constant "Do you have a girlfriend?" question being asked by Koreans (save the time that it was the immediate follow-up to when the taxi driver asked me where I was going), but what gets me is when you say "No" and they ask "Why?"

• I recently broke up.
  • My partner died.

Answer them with the same question:

Korean: Do you gave a girlfriend?

Real person: Do you have a girlfriend / boyfriend?  (Imply homosexuality if you feel mischievious, watch them squirm)

Genius. Simply genius.
Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #9302 on: December 12, 2018, 12:37:36 PM »

• I recently broke up.
  • My partner died.

Just have a policy of lying automatically about any questions related to your private life, coming from people who don't matter.

Taxi driver: Where are you from?  (in Korean)
Me: Thank you.
Taxi driver: Where are you from? (again in Korean)
Me: Kaenchanmayo

Peace and quiet.
Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?

Offline Orkblut

• Veteran
« Reply #9303 on: December 12, 2018, 01:37:35 PM »
Peace and quiet because of bafflement of what "kaenchanmayo" is I'd think.

Online eggieguffer

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #9304 on: December 12, 2018, 01:42:51 PM »

It stumped me

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #9305 on: December 12, 2018, 01:44:36 PM »

It stumped me

Kaenchan is my favorite brand of Korean mayo.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Feeling Grabby?
« Reply #9306 on: December 12, 2018, 01:58:21 PM »

Like this?
The joys of fauxtherhood

Online Mister Tim

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #9307 on: December 12, 2018, 02:04:47 PM »
As long as it's real mayo, not Miracle Whip. That can go right in the soolaygee bawngtoo.

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #9308 on: December 12, 2018, 02:14:36 PM »
Haha. Mianmayo my bad.

Online Mister Tim

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #9309 on: December 12, 2018, 02:24:03 PM »

Online JVPrice

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #9310 on: December 12, 2018, 02:29:51 PM »
Think I'm gonna hold off on mayonnaise for a while now
The World Ends With You

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Feeling Grabby?
« Reply #9311 on: December 12, 2018, 03:16:22 PM »
The joys of fauxtherhood

Online AWVM_HXE

• Adventurer
« Reply #9312 on: December 12, 2018, 09:38:10 PM »
I hate ads.

I report every single ad that appears on my Facebook profile as 'sexually explicit'. Every single one.

FB will send me a notification every single day saying 'we have reviewed your report' blah blah blah. But they only ever do this when it's a small time advertiser. I've never had a FB response from one of the big companies' advert reports. Seems like they have special treatment for the big boys. This bothers me, but not as much as the ads themselves.

Those ads when you are watching a video.... ooooh. I deleted the app after I saw that shit.

"I use a free service and then there are ads? Why is this happening to me?"

I will never understand this argument. Same with youtube, "The ads are annoying!!"

You watch as many videos as you want for free. Suck it up.

Firstly please don't use vulgar language discriminating the LGBT community.  :rolleyes: :laugh:

You are a really unkind and horrible person. You're also really. really bad at making jokes. Can't tell which is worse, honestly.

Offline kobayashi

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #9313 on: December 13, 2018, 03:08:04 AM »
You knows it's bad in your building when you look forward to coming to school to find some quiet time.  Yet another weekend my c*k sucking neighbor had the music cranked for 12+ hours, Sat. and Sun.  The topper was having to listen to him rabbit f*ck some girl in the building.  But this usually only lasts a good 5~10 mins.  Yay for me, but kina sad for her!

https://www.reddit.com/r/korea/comments/6iaaaq/guide_for_reporting_apartment_noise/

Offline SeoulAlone

• Veteran
« Reply #9314 on: December 13, 2018, 07:33:54 AM »
You knows it's bad in your building when you look forward to coming to school to find some quiet time.  Yet another weekend my c*k sucking neighbor had the music cranked for 12+ hours, Sat. and Sun.  The topper was having to listen to him rabbit f*ck some girl in the building.  But this usually only lasts a good 5~10 mins.  Yay for me, but kina sad for her!

https://www.reddit.com/r/korea/comments/6iaaaq/guide_for_reporting_apartment_noise/

Thank you!  If it continues this weekend, I'll be using this! 

Offline Kayos

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #9315 on: December 13, 2018, 08:01:52 AM »
Yesterday at my travel school, my students asked to watch a movie (cause it was after final exams) I said no, because the korean teacher said, you still have to study (which is true).
The students got so angry that they started a small fire in the classroom.
I quickly told them to put it out, and the high level student I was chatting with, yelled the Kor version of what I was saying to them.
Afterwards, I got the Kor teacher, who also grabbed the homeroom teacher, and the boys who done it got in so much trouble, that the other students, including the ones who had nothing to do with it, were so scared, that the class was literally silent all class.

Only 2 more weeks there >.<

Offline alexisalex

• Super Waygook
« Reply #9316 on: December 13, 2018, 08:20:59 AM »

Thank you!  If it continues this weekend, I'll be using this!

Is this person a foreigner?  He sounds like a right weirdo!  Yeah you can't put up with that noise, it's ridiculous.

Offline alexisalex

• Super Waygook
« Reply #9317 on: December 13, 2018, 08:22:18 AM »
Yesterday at my travel school, my students asked to watch a movie (cause it was after final exams) I said no, because the korean teacher said, you still have to study (which is true).
I quickly told them to put it out, and the high level student I was chatting with, yelled the Kor version of what I was saying to them.
Afterwards, I got the Kor teacher, who also grabbed the homeroom teacher, and the boys who done it got in so much trouble, that the other students, including the ones who had nothing to do with it, were so scared, that the class was literally silent all class.

More details please!!  How did they start a fire lol  :shocked:

Offline Kayos

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #9318 on: December 13, 2018, 08:27:52 AM »

More details please!!  How did they start a fire lol  :shocked:

They had a lighter or something, they ripped out pages from their textbook, and used the lighter to burn them.

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #9319 on: December 13, 2018, 08:32:01 AM »
Taxi drivers should be screened so that the chatty are weeded out. It should be only ppl who would rather listen to their music or radio program while ignoring you and driving you safely from Point A to Point B.