November 13, 2018, 02:44:36 AM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 1156568 times)

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #9140 on: Yesterday at 01:11:35 PM »
Though the degree varies, it's a cultural endemic. I don't care if I sound a bit racist, I've lived here long enough to earn an opinion, I'm more inclined to believe that the yellow Asian stereotype has its roots in the colour of the blood, not the skin.
If that's the road you want to go down, I assume your own background and religion is fair game?

Offline Aristocrat

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #9141 on: Yesterday at 01:45:17 PM »
Though the degree varies, it's a cultural endemic. I don't care if I sound a bit racist, I've lived here long enough to earn an opinion, I'm more inclined to believe that the yellow Asian stereotype has its roots in the colour of the blood, not the skin.
If that's the road you want to go down, I assume your own background and religion is fair game?

Love it!

Student draws penises on the desk and refuses to stop when teacher tells them - Nothing
Student calls teacher a bitch - Nothing
Student refuses to put away phone - Nothing
Entire class structure has broken down - Nothing
CT runs away leaving NET and students in a potentially dangerous situation (student could have stabbed someone, a few months ago a student from this class actually did threaten another with a pair of scissors)... 3 times - Nothing
Someone blames Korean culture for making Koreans cowardly - Puts on cape and grabs pitchfork!

Korean culture, specifically the current interpretation of Confucianism, encourages cowardly behaviour.
I see no logical way that you can prove me wrong.

You assume correctly, my Faith is perfectly fair game. Criticize it all you want, it doesn't bother me as I simply employ logic to refute your arguments.

Offline tylerthegloob

• Super Waygook
« Reply #9142 on: Yesterday at 01:58:09 PM »
it doesn't bother me as I simply employ logic to refute your arguments.

all the people on this forum who refer to their own use of "logic" make me cringe so hard. i don't know why that's become a trend, but to me it comes off as so masturbatory.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #9143 on: Yesterday at 02:18:07 PM »

all the people on this forum who refer to their own use of "logic" make me cringe so hard. i don't know why that's become a trend, but to me it comes off as so masturbatory.

Yeah, just explain your point. We will get it.

Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Offline Aristocrat

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #9144 on: Yesterday at 02:29:06 PM »

If you're going to say something like that, it would be helpful if you cited examples as to who you're referring to and when they employed said logic.

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #9145 on: Yesterday at 02:37:41 PM »
Korean culture, specifically the current interpretation of Confucianism, encourages cowardly behaviour.
Is this the cowardice of North Koreans fighting in harsh conditions during the Korean War? Is it the student protests of the 60s, 70s, and 80s, when those people you rip on were getting teargassed and billyclubbed for democracy while you were just a speck in your parents' eye? Or maybe it was in Gwangju when they rebelled and took up arms?

The problem of out of control students and lawsuit culture exists around the world, particularly in developed areas. I don't see how it's a uniquely Korean problem.

For your statement of Korean culture being uniquely a factor here, we would have to prove that there were aspects that didn't exist in other parts of the world. However, as numerous examples of bad behavior that goes unconfronted exist around the world, as well as people unwilling to confront certain problems or brushing them under the carpet, I don't think you've met the standard of proof required for your claim.

Your lack of imagination or consideration of alternatives is not logical.

Online sligo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #9146 on: Yesterday at 02:45:25 PM »
Is this the cowardice of North Koreans fighting in harsh conditions during the Korean War? Is it the student protests of the 60s, 70s, and 80s, when those people you rip on were getting teargassed and billyclubbed for democracy while you were just a speck in your parents' eye? Or maybe it was in Gwangju when they rebelled and took up arms?

The problem of out of control students and lawsuit culture exists around the world, particularly in developed areas. I don't see how it's a uniquely Korean problem.

For your statement of Korean culture being uniquely a factor here, we would have to prove that there were aspects that didn't exist in other parts of the world. However, as numerous examples of bad behavior that goes unconfronted exist around the world, as well as people unwilling to confront certain problems or brushing them under the carpet, I don't think you've met the standard of proof required for your claim.

Can you post an example of bravery from this century?  Your most recent example was 30+ years ago, before many people working in schools were born. 

Offline tylerthegloob

• Super Waygook
« Reply #9147 on: Yesterday at 02:47:36 PM »

If you're going to say something like that, it would be helpful if you cited examples as to who you're referring to and when they employed said logic.

From now on, I'll be sure to point them out to you. Also, it's not the "employment of logic" itself that bothers me (that would be a really strange thing to be bothered about). What bothers me is the masturbatory "look at my sick logic" remark that usually comes at the end of an argument.

Online oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #9148 on: Yesterday at 02:49:28 PM »
Posting on behalf of someone else

Wife just called me, in tears, to tell me about the final straw with her school. It's a big elementary school, with rather large classes and the behaviour has been rapidly getting out of control. Today, to boys were drawing penises on their desks and my wife and the CT told them to erase it, they refused. Another girl refused to stop playing on her phone, during class. I've never heard of elementary school students being this disrespectful. They swear at the CT, argue with them and refuse to listen.

All this as bad, but the final straw, the SCUM of the f*cking Earth is her CT. For the third time now, things have gotten really bad in class, students openly defying and laughing at my wife and CT, as things get more heated, what does the CT do? This f*cking coward leaves the class and runs away. No, she doesn't get help, she just runs away, leaving my wife alone to handle a bunch of very volatile students. My wife spotted the CT peeking around the corner of the corridor into the class. As said, this is the 3rd time the CT has simply run away with no concern for for anyone other than herself. When she does get back, she openly undermines my wife's authority, when my wife tries to discipline and reprimand them, by letting them off with not doing the writing out my wife gives them or simply taking their side.
What's the bloody other "side" of the argument when a student calls a teacher a bitch, in front of everyone, laughs and refuses to do anything they're told? What makes it worse, she's the head teacher too. Low and behold, one of the boys parents was actually called in, earlier this year, to discuss the problem with the VP. The mother flat out refused to accept that her child could be the only problem, and the meek little VP could do nothing but let her have her way.

My wife will be demanding a transfer to a new school for the start of the new school term. This type of non-confrontational, face saving cowardice is far too common in Korea to be called an isolated case. Though the degree varies, it's a cultural endemic. I don't care if I sound a bit racist, I've lived here long enough to earn an opinion, I'm more inclined to believe that the yellow Asian stereotype has its roots in the colour of the blood, not the skin.

Rant over
the kids in my after school program are like this, too. kids are bad, so i discipline them. kids complain to their parents that the teacher tells them off so it's not fun. parents quit the class. company manage blames me for being a "bad teacher"  :rolleyes: i absolutely ****** hate this job and it amazes me that parents are basically enabling their shitty kid's bad behaviour.

i feel sorry for & understand that native teacher's situation. basically just thrown under the bus

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #9149 on: Yesterday at 02:52:13 PM »

Can you post an example of bravery from this century?  Your most recent example was 30+ years ago, before many people working in schools were born.

Steels' has previously championed the prowess of the Sewol Captain.

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #9150 on: Yesterday at 02:58:53 PM »
Society has been relatively stable. Korea has a rather low rate of public violent crime and is not involved in any great wars. I suppose you could look at various skirmish actions along the NLL and minor news stories.

Steels' has previously championed the prowess of the Sewol Captain.
No I didn't. That is your hallucination. It's not my fault your brain is not developed enough to comprehend nuance.