October 17, 2018, 10:02:22 PM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 1121010 times)

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #8820 on: August 28, 2018, 10:36:24 PM »
Whatever does it for you.

One day your wife is going to be an ajumma. And you're going to have to keep her happy lest she take the house, the kids, the dog, and 50% of your paycheck. And if you keep her happy, when you've had your stroke and the choice is the expensive treatment that lets you fully recover rather than tossing in you in a death home where you spend the last years of your life strapped to a bed (and keep in mind you're conscious and aware to some extent while this convo with the doctor is going down).

You think this will never happen to you? That's what every sucker in this situation said.

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #8821 on: August 28, 2018, 11:48:53 PM »
Whatever does it for you.

One day your wife is going to be an ajumma. And you're going to have to keep her happy lest she take the house, the kids, the dog, and 50% of your paycheck. And if you keep her happy, when you've had your stroke and the choice is the expensive treatment that lets you fully recover rather than tossing in you in a death home where you spend the last years of your life strapped to a bed (and keep in mind you're conscious and aware to some extent while this convo with the doctor is going down).

You think this will never happen to you? That's what every sucker in this situation said.

She can take the dog that we don't have.

"Strapped to a bed"? Your mind is drifting back to the adjumma bang bus.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #8822 on: August 30, 2018, 01:48:22 PM »
there are artists here who have been getting some attention from some big American hip-hop names.

Is that attention in the form of payment to do a cameo or genuine fandom?

Pretty much what others have said already, but both. A lot of American hip hop artists are also producers and businessmen who look for fresh sounds and/or talent, and they don't limit their scope to just America. They take the ones who they feel might have some market value, and test them out. Cameos, collaborations, etc. Sometimes it's for business, sometimes it's for genuine fandom and fun, but money is always the bottom line.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 01:58:08 PM by Chinguetti »

Online oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #8823 on: August 30, 2018, 03:34:28 PM »
anyone else get one of those govt alerts last night at 12.24am on their phone? yeah, cheers. no way to disable it or turn off the sound. a really nice way to be woken up.

Online Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #8824 on: August 30, 2018, 03:35:09 PM »
K-pop companies want big name rappers to collab to boost the k-popper's street cred and help them become successful in America. But Americans at the top of their game would be most likely be hurt more than helped by this ... so the only people they can get to agree and/or afford are older performers past their prime. Psy got Snoop. Jessica got Fabolous. BTS got Nicki Minaj (who had to cancel a tour due to poor ticket sales). K-pop's not considered cool in America. If it was they'd be grabbing people on their way up rather than their way down.

I'd bet against Drake, Cardi B, Future, or Post Malone doing a K-pop collab any time soon. Maybe ten years from now?

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Expert Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #8825 on: August 30, 2018, 03:36:20 PM »
anyone else get one of those govt alerts last night at 12.24am on their phone? yeah, cheers. no way to disable it or turn off the sound. a really nice way to be woken up.

They've been abusing the emergency alert system way too much. I got about six or seven over a three hour period on Tuesday.

Nobody's going to pay attention to emergency alerts when they become common.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #8826 on: August 30, 2018, 03:37:39 PM »

I turned mine off on Tuesday night after 3 in about an hour.

You can turn it off - it is a separate seeing from the 3 other "silence" options in iOS.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 03:42:27 PM by JNM »

Offline Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8827 on: August 30, 2018, 03:46:47 PM »
My phone doesn't even give me the option to translate, or to copy the messages so I can translate them.
So, my emergency messages are meaningless to me, as I'll never understand them lol.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #8828 on: August 30, 2018, 03:52:21 PM »
My phone doesn't even give me the option to translate, or to copy the messages so I can translate them.
So, my emergency messages are meaningless to me, as I'll never understand them lol.

Screen shot -> Google translate -> camera icon -> folder icon -> choose photo -> select text -> say "well no sh!t, Sherlock, it is hot/cold/raining!"

Online Renma

• Waygookin
« Reply #8829 on: August 30, 2018, 04:05:16 PM »
You can also choose to forward the message, then copy+paste the draft.

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8830 on: August 31, 2018, 10:27:38 AM »
Kakao taxi app.

Write address of place you want to go in Korean. Auto changes it to the language of your phone (English). Not a problem Avec stop complaining all the time. Wrong. It is a problem because it sends the address out to all the taxis in English and they won't accept the call/fare because they either can't read it or don't want to fanny on calling you up because it's obvious you aren't Korean.

Anyone here work for Kakao taxi app design team? I'd like to sweet chin music you.
Going away golfing excitedly venturing to somewhere unknown carefree knowing my youthful demeanour is craving ketchup.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #8831 on: August 31, 2018, 11:50:20 AM »
********* yes, if you don't know what you need to know to complete the assignment, you need to research it, not sit around at your tables either staring at each other or ****** around with your neighbors instead.

****** omg, yes, I don't expect you to pull information from out of thin air, you may use whatever's in the classroom to get the job done. Use the ****** internet, it's not that hard.

OMFG ****** HELL USE THE ****** COMPUTER IT'S RIGHT THERE ISN'T IT

I JUST ****** TOLD YOU YOU CAN USE THE COMPUTER GAWDDAMN

WTF YOU MEAN YOU'RE WAITING TO USE THE COMPUTER, WE HANDED OUT YOUR PHONES THEY HAVE THE INTERNET TOO WTF ARE YOU GUYS DOING

YYYYYYYYESSSSS YOU CAN USE THE ****** COMPUTER GO USE THE COMPUTER LIKE YOU JUST SAW 500 OTHER STUDENTS JUST DO GO USE IT IT HAS THE THE INTERNET USE IT PLEAAAAAASE

I managed to keep a straight face today, but it was really, really ****** hard.

Offline JVPrice

• Super Waygook
« Reply #8832 on: August 31, 2018, 12:01:36 PM »
********* yes, if you don't know what you need to know to complete the assignment, you need to research it, not sit around at your tables either staring at each other or ****** around with your neighbors instead.

****** omg, yes, I don't expect you to pull information from out of thin air, you may use whatever's in the classroom to get the job done. Use the ****** internet, it's not that hard.

OMFG ****** HELL USE THE ****** COMPUTER IT'S RIGHT THERE ISN'T IT

I JUST ****** TOLD YOU YOU CAN USE THE COMPUTER GAWDDAMN

WTF YOU MEAN YOU'RE WAITING TO USE THE COMPUTER, WE HANDED OUT YOUR PHONES THEY HAVE THE INTERNET TOO WTF ARE YOU GUYS DOING

YYYYYYYYESSSSS YOU CAN USE THE ****** COMPUTER GO USE THE COMPUTER LIKE YOU JUST SAW 500 OTHER STUDENTS JUST DO GO USE IT IT HAS THE THE INTERNET USE IT PLEAAAAAASE

I managed to keep a straight face today, but it was really, really ****** hard.

They trust your kids with computers and phones? Wild... Mine would've had a field day with those
The World Ends With You

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #8833 on: August 31, 2018, 12:28:40 PM »
They trust your kids with computers and phones? Wild... Mine would've had a field day with those

To a degree. My school takes phones away from the students at the start of the day but teachers have the authority to hand them back to the students (temporarily) if it's for help with an assignment. Same thing with the computers -- students may use them as long as teachers are supervising them.

What I like to do is to only allow one or two students in each group to have a phone. It cuts down on a lot of the possible nonsense.

But a lot of these kids still need to be told exactly what they should be doing every step of the way so that sometimes you wonder why you even bother. xD I'm beginning to wonder if these kids are being told that they have be especially careful in my classes or something.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #8834 on: September 03, 2018, 11:28:13 AM »
I wasn't expecting much from a microwavable chicken meal. I thought I had my expectations low enough.

But nothing could have prepared me for what amounted to cardboard marinated in pepper-laced sweat and mildew.

This is blasphemy.

Offline Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8835 on: September 03, 2018, 11:33:56 AM »

Screen shot -> Google translate -> camera icon -> folder icon -> choose photo -> select text -> say "well no sh!t, Sherlock, it is hot/cold/raining!"

The last one I got, actually said it was raining at a place 2 hours away from me lol. (according to my co-teacher's translation haha)

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #8836 on: September 03, 2018, 11:50:16 AM »

The last one I got, actually said it was raining at a place 2 hours away from me lol. (according to my co-teacher's translation haha)

I travel all over the country for work, so I always get out-of-town messages.

Offline Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8837 on: September 03, 2018, 12:03:09 PM »

I travel all over the country for work, so I always get out-of-town messages.

I'm usually just nearby my town. But we all got one at work sometime last week, I asked my co-teacher, and it went like this:
Me: What does this say?
Co-T: A place 2 hours away is raining.
Me: Hard rain or something?
Co-T: Nope. Nothing to worry about. Even I'm surprised this was on the emergency message thing.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #8838 on: September 04, 2018, 09:26:12 AM »
I don't really get why some people think that just because you've known each other for a time that they can suddenly be disrespectful towards and unmindful of you. I get it if you've got a comfortable enough relationship where you can tease each other, like how friends do or whatever. But this is not one of those things.

Some people just believe that being friendly equates to being meek.

I'm tolerant of the students testing me. The majority of them lack the life experience to understand how certain actions and behaviors are going to get different results from people with different backgrounds. It's an important learning experience for them.

But adults. Gawd, I hate people sometimes.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 09:39:45 AM by Chinguetti »

Offline JVPrice

• Super Waygook
« Reply #8839 on: September 04, 2018, 09:41:13 AM »
I don't really get why some people think that just because you've known each other for a time that they can suddenly be disrespectful towards and unmindful of you. I get it if you've got a comfortable enough relationship where you can tease each other, like how friends do or whatever. But this is not one of those things.

Experienced something like this at the beginning of the year. A close friend of mine who I'd known for 7 years had become some kind of monster I couldn't recognize (my other friends saw it too). I blame mental issues, because the behavior made absolutely no sense from a logical standpoint.

I also don't like it when Koreans try to treat you the same in some regards, but different in others. It can be really annoying. We foreigners don't just accept things (especially crap) from people and bear with it.
The World Ends With You