November 13, 2018, 01:49:49 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 1156517 times)

Online zola

• The Legend
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #8780 on: September 19, 2018, 03:00:53 PM »
I'm so sick of the miserable people on here who constantly just make topics like "Korea is ______" or "Koreans d _____ don't you hate it?"

It's just unending negativity. And most of it is stupid stuff that might be worth making an offhand mention of, but certainly not a topic that sticks around for a few days.

Like, venting is fine. It's necessary. But when it becomes this habitual, pathological need to have a giant negativity circlejerk all the time, there's something wrong.

I don't know. You are among the worst/most annoying posters on here, don't know if you have much room to complain about others posting habits.

Some possible solutions:
-Post positive things. Be the change you want to see.
-Don't read the threads titled "Korea is ______"
-Take a break. But don't go to reddit because r/korea is probably as negative if not more and with an added flavor of an unhealthy amount of alt-right posters

It's almost as if internet forums are conduits for negativity....someone should do some ground breaking research into this.
Kpip! - Martin 2018

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8781 on: September 19, 2018, 03:59:42 PM »
Have you ever been out with a bunch of foreigners not necessarily mates and you're all having a bit of banter and then you end up with a couple or trio of saffers who just switch to Afrikans and have a conversation among themselves while you stand there like a wet lettuce?

I never had the urge to switch a conversation to French or Korean when I meet a Canadian or English/Korean speaking person when everyone in the room is speaking English.

Why do they/you do it?

Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?

Online kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #8782 on: September 19, 2018, 04:36:11 PM »
Have you ever been out with a bunch of foreigners not necessarily mates and you're all having a bit of banter and then you end up with a couple or trio of saffers who just switch to Afrikans and have a conversation among themselves while you stand there like a wet lettuce?

I never had the urge to switch a conversation to French or Korean when I meet a Canadian or English/Korean speaking person when everyone in the room is speaking English.

Why do they/you do it?
A couple of possible reasons:

It might be more comfortable to speak (L1).
Speaking it might remind one of home.
Instant sense of community.
Easy to have an exclusive, private conversation.
Being a jerk is fun.

Be careful with "secret" languages though. I know several folk here in Korean (myself included) who, while having never been to South Africa, can still hold up their end of a conversation in Afrikaans.

Online sligo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8783 on: September 19, 2018, 04:45:50 PM »

Why do they/you do it?

Offline apancoe

• Veteran
« Reply #8784 on: September 20, 2018, 07:39:16 AM »
I'm so sick of the miserable people on here who constantly just make topics like "Korea is ______" or "Koreans d _____ don't you hate it?"

It's just unending negativity. And most of it is stupid stuff that might be worth making an offhand mention of, but certainly not a topic that sticks around for a few days.

Like, venting is fine. It's necessary. But when it becomes this habitual, pathological need to have a giant negativity circlejerk all the time, there's something wrong.

I don't know. You are among the worst/most annoying posters on here, don't know if you have much room to complain about others posting habits.

Some possible solutions:
-Post positive things. Be the change you want to see.
-Don't read the threads titled "Korea is ______"
-Take a break. But don't go to reddit because r/korea is probably as negative if not more and with an added flavor of an unhealthy amount of alt-right posters

It's almost as if internet forums are conduits for negativity....someone should do some ground breaking research into this.

cowboy -

i agree 1000000% with what zola said about you. but you're the one that's fed up with other people's posts? the same guy that does this kinda sht:

1) "Waygook.org user #basedcowboyshirt's #based lifehacks topic" - this is such a weird & pathetic way to title a thread. i get what you're trying to do - bump it a few times a month so it shows up and everyone sees it and remembers how RAndom & quirky you are. it's the corniest sht i've ever seen in my entire life.

1a) do you really refer to what 99% of what most adults do as "LiFEhACks"? it's soooo cool...it's like you're speaking internet!

2) do you seriously use "based" in conversations with other human adults? HOW OLD ARE YOU?

and a footnote for anybody that gives a sht...the term "based" got popular because of a rapper named LIL B. people referred to him as "The Based God". it was just a nonsense nickname. it was KINDA cool and funny like 5 years ago. if you have free time....listen to ANY of his songs or ANY of his videos and check him out (spoiler - he's weird and random. cowboy tries to act and talk like him and it's CORNY)

3) when you go out to lunch or dinner with your gf, friends, or colleagues, do you sreeeeeeeeeeeeeeech like you do on here when somebody orders a dessert or something sweet? your gf has to find that HILARIOUS i bet.
too many blueprints & not enough architects

Offline tylerthegloob

• Super Waygook
« Reply #8785 on: September 20, 2018, 07:49:59 AM »

cowboy -

i agree 1000000% with what zola said about you. but you're the one that's fed up with other people's posts? the same guy that does this kinda sht:

1) "Waygook.org user #basedcowboyshirt's #based lifehacks topic" - this is such a weird & pathetic way to title a thread. i get what you're trying to do - bump it a few times a month so it shows up and everyone sees it and remembers how RAndom & quirky you are. it's the corniest sht i've ever seen in my entire life.

1a) do you really refer to what 99% of what most adults do as "LiFEhACks"? it's soooo cool...it's like you're speaking internet!

2) do you seriously use "based" in conversations with other human adults? HOW OLD ARE YOU?

and a footnote for anybody that gives a sht...the term "based" got popular because of a rapper named LIL B. people referred to him as "The Based God". it was just a nonsense nickname. it was KINDA cool and funny like 5 years ago. if you have free time....listen to ANY of his songs or ANY of his videos and check him out (spoiler - he's weird and random. cowboy tries to act and talk like him and it's CORNY)

3) when you go out to lunch or dinner with your gf, friends, or colleagues, do you sreeeeeeeeeeeeeeech like you do on here when somebody orders a dessert or something sweet? your gf has to find that HILARIOUS i bet.

not based. who writes a 3 point essay (NUMBERED) about why someone else annoys them on the internet? cowboy is one of the lesser annoying posters. it's people who throw shitfits about silly things like using the word based that annoy me more.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #8786 on: September 20, 2018, 07:53:40 AM »
I like basedcowboy a lot. He's good people.

End of the year grumps? This might just be me projecting a little, but it feels like everyone everywhere is more pissy in general, and analyzing the shit out of everything anyone else does because of it.

Still not as bad as before, though, when the wild trolls roamed free to **** all the shit up. I've been trying to think up of some nice topics that might help with the forum funk, but it's been hard because I'm grumpy, too.

Offline apancoe

• Veteran
« Reply #8787 on: September 20, 2018, 07:57:17 AM »

cowboy -

not based. who writes a 3 point essay (NUMBERED) about why someone else annoys them on the internet? cowboy is one of the lesser annoying posters. it's people who throw shitfits about silly things like using the word based that annoy me more.

fair enough tyler
too many blueprints & not enough architects

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #8788 on: September 20, 2018, 08:02:08 AM »
A holiday must be around the corner...

Online kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #8789 on: September 20, 2018, 08:06:42 AM »
cowboy -

But serious, with dozens of posters of waygook that do nothing but sh!tpost, you have to single out Waygook.org user #basedcowboyshirt to vent at for ruining the vibe? Weird.

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8790 on: September 20, 2018, 08:08:30 AM »
I've just watched 20 seconds (had to turn it off) of a lil b song called based kimchi or something and It explains a lot of why waygook.org moderator user #basedcowboyshirt is the way he is.

Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?

Offline StillInKorea

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8791 on: September 20, 2018, 08:22:45 AM »
The incredibly annoying 6-1 teacher wanted to reschedule a class, this time for a good reason, and this time with advance notice.

I told her "목요일, 1st period" to avoid any confusion with days, since she's scatterbrained enough to mix stuff up in her head, and I thought she might get her days confused in English. I get to her class today and she apparently expected me yesterday, when I went to my travel school. She said 목요일 means Wednesday. My head is about to explode at how none of this makes any sense whatsoever.

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8792 on: September 20, 2018, 08:25:24 AM »
The incredibly annoying 6-1 teacher wanted to reschedule a class, this time for a good reason, and this time with advance notice.

I told her "목요일, 1st period" to avoid any confusion with days, since she's scatterbrained enough to mix stuff up in her head, and I thought she might get her days confused in English. I get to her class today and she apparently expected me yesterday, when I went to my travel school. She said 목요일 means Wednesday. My head is about to explode at how none of this makes any sense whatsoever.

At least you get Mondays off.

Offline alexisalex

• Veteran
« Reply #8793 on: September 20, 2018, 08:30:38 AM »
I've just watched 20 seconds (had to turn it off) of a lil b song called based kimchi or something and It explains a lot of why waygook.org moderator user #basedcowboyshirt is the way he is.

:laugh:

You mean "significant other".  He'll never ever use the word "girlfriend" or "boyfriend" for some reason.  I don't know if he's ashamed of being straight or gay.  Another one of his whacky (annoying) affectations I suppose.

Offline StillInKorea

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8794 on: September 20, 2018, 08:42:36 AM »

:laugh:

You mean "significant other".  He'll never ever use the word "girlfriend" or "boyfriend" for some reason.  I don't know if he's ashamed of being straight or gay.  Another one of his whacky (annoying) affectations I suppose.

It'd be funny if his "significant other" was a rabbit or something.

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #8795 on: September 20, 2018, 10:06:37 AM »

Why do they/you do it?

I have tons of friends and my reaction is...well I don't have a reaction because I grew up in a very multicultural city and am used to being around people who don't speak English and will speak a different language.

Might as well complain about a bunch of Americans being together and suddenly talking about College Football.

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #8796 on: September 20, 2018, 10:10:58 AM »
For those of you ripping on basedcowboy, you guys sound like a bunch of high schoolers.

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8797 on: September 20, 2018, 10:21:44 AM »

Why do they/you do it?

I have tons of friends and my reaction is...well I don't have a reaction because I grew up in a very multicultural city and am used to being around people who don't speak English and will speak a different language.

Might as well complain about a bunch of Americans being together and suddenly talking about College Football.

They're all English teachers Tino. Have you not got your reading glasses on today?

You normally put up a better defence than that but you've embarrassed yourself here.

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #8798 on: September 20, 2018, 10:46:02 AM »

They're all English teachers Tino. Have you not got your reading glasses on today?

You normally put up a better defence than that but you've embarrassed yourself here.
Yeah, and my friends back home all spoke English as well.

I don't know why your friends speaking a different language makes you uncomfortable and insecure.

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Expert Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #8799 on: September 20, 2018, 10:49:38 AM »
I don't think there's anything that makes me as instantly angry than when someone pushes past and their bag or something pulls on my headphone cable. That feeling when your entire head suddenly gets yanked down is so irritating.