December 12, 2018, 09:43:15 PM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 1213529 times)

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Expert Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #8640 on: September 04, 2018, 01:35:55 PM »

A Korean man's world ends at his nose!  Selfishness is the order here, and rules are only followed when someone is watching.

Oh please, you make it sound like Biff Tannen's Hill Valley or some shit.

I won't even get into the bigotry of the first part.

how about you don't get into any part, of any thread, and take your patriotic bollocks away with you, and give people a break from your broken record nationalistic nonesense?

Is... it it possible that you're both taking extreme positions, and the reality may be somewhere in the middle?

Online sligo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8641 on: September 04, 2018, 01:43:30 PM »

A Korean man's world ends at his nose!  Selfishness is the order here, and rules are only followed when someone is watching.

how about you don't get into any part, of any thread, and take your patriotic bollocks away with you, and give people a break from your broken record nationalistic nonesense?

Is... it it possible that you're both taking extreme positions, and the reality may be somewhere in the middle?

Very possibly, but i thought there was an unspoken rule that Steelrails keeps his nose out of this thread, or at the very least declines to wave the flag!

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #8642 on: September 04, 2018, 02:01:34 PM »

When's your birthday? hahaha

Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Online sligo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8643 on: September 04, 2018, 02:07:18 PM »

Martin seems to have not noticed selfish things evident like....

-not moving out of the way of ambulances on the road (I would hate to be in any serious condition where I'd have to rely on getting to a hospital fast by ambulance)
-constantly parking in the most ridiculous places, like entrances to car parks, on street corners, across pedestrian crossings, disabled parking spots etc.
-pushing in queues because you're older and male or just generally pushing past people(something you'd get a fast rebuke and possibly a smack in most other civilised countries)
etc
tc
c

A few years back my fiend and I were waiting for an elevator.  We wanted to go down 3 floors.  When it came, it was full, several people refused to make eye contact.  The guy right at the front waved at use to say "no" while frantically pushing the close button.  We had to wait for the next one.

My friend was in a wheelchair!!!!

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #8644 on: September 04, 2018, 02:10:52 PM »

It is the ranting forum, but this wasn't your rant. This was your response to someone's rant. Why don't you take your bigotry away and give people a break from your incessant negativity and unhelpful bitterness? Did you actually offer anything constructive? Obviously things should slide on the rant forum, but there's a line where you can't expect to not have some pushback.

For someone who whines and moans that Koreans stereotype foreigners, you sure like to stereotype Koreans.

Anyways, hopefully the residents of OP's building can get lucky and somehow track down the offender, and then the landlord can boot them.

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #8645 on: September 04, 2018, 02:20:18 PM »
Martin seems to recall having noticed a bunch of selfish things in his home country and other countries and amongst foreigners in Korea, of varying nationalities.

Martin seems to recall the lessons he learned in school, from his parents, and from his friends, that you say that individual is selfish and you don't stereotype people or judge their ethnicity/country.

Martin also seems to recall various lessons in life that we're often unaware of our own selfish behvaiors, whether as individuals, or if you think of such things, as cultures.

Online sligo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8646 on: September 04, 2018, 02:27:53 PM »

It is the ranting forum, but this wasn't your rant. This was your response to someone's rant. Why don't you take your bigotry away and give people a break from your incessant negativity and unhelpful bitterness? Did you actually offer anything constructive? Obviously things should slide on the rant forum, but there's a line where you can't expect to not have some pushback.

For someone who whines and moans that Koreans stereotype foreigners, you sure like to stereotype Koreans.

Anyways, hopefully the residents of OP's building can get lucky and somehow track down the offender, and then the landlord can boot them.

I tell it how i see it.  Everyday someone almost totals my car because they make no effort to accommodate others on the road.  Everyday i see people smoking where there are no smoking signs.  Everyday i see cars parked on crossings, pavements or blocking entrances.  Everyday i see people littering, sometimes withing 10 metres of a bin.  Everyday i see human residue in the form of vomit or piss against a building.  Everyday i hear people screaming at each other in the street.  Tell me, do you not consider this selfish?  I lived in the UK for 27 years, and i saw all those behaviours from time to time, but never daily, and never in tandem.

I get sick of having someone push past me as i exit a building, or an elevator.  The concept of "exit before entrance" means nothing here, especially when negotiating a T junction, or a car park entrance.  I get sick of making emergency stops, because a driver will not wait his turn at a junction, and pulls out causing me to fear for my baby in the back seat.  **** your hazard lights, you nearly caused an accident.

I get sick of drivers driving 1 metre behind my car, and flashing lights to make me move, because there is a car in the adjacent lane.  This basically means i cannot hit my brakes, as the **** behind me will plow into me.  What gives him the right to demand i move for him?  Why should i drive at an unsafe speed just because he wants to pass?

Or the guy the slams on his brakes without warning and makes a turn without indicating.  Or the guy who parks in the turning lane because he doesn't want to walk to the post office, thus causing those behind him to forcibly merge into the left lane.  Or the guy who refuses to indicate, so you wait at a junction for him to drive past you, and instead turns and you realise you could have gone earlier.  Or the guy who will overtake you at a frightening speed only to slam on his brakes as soon as he gets in front as there is a speed camera, so you nearly have an accident.  Then there are the breakdown drivers who think they can do as they please.

You want my rant, here it is.

A Korean's world ends at his nose!

Offline tylerthegloob

• Super Waygook
  • gg wp
« Reply #8647 on: September 04, 2018, 02:30:39 PM »

Martin seems to recall having noticed a bunch of selfish things in his home country and other countries and amongst foreigners in Korea, of varying nationalities.

Martin seems to recall the lessons he learned in school, from his parents, and from his friends, that you say that individual is selfish and you don't stereotype people or judge their ethnicity/country.

Martin also seems to recall various lessons in life that we're often unaware of our own selfish behvaiors, whether as individuals, or if you think of such things, as cultures.

Martin is talking in the third person REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Also, if you're gonna do it, you should use 'Tino:
'Tino is ... and so on.

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #8648 on: September 04, 2018, 02:38:45 PM »

I tell it how i see it.  Everyday someone almost totals my car because they make no effort to accommodate others on the road.  Everyday i see people smoking where there are no smoking signs.  Everyday i see cars parked on crossings, pavements or blocking entrances.  Everyday i see people littering, sometimes withing 10 metres of a bin.  Everyday i see human residue in the form of vomit or piss against a building.  Everyday i hear people screaming at each other in the street.  Tell me, do you not consider this selfish?  I lived in the UK for 27 years, and i saw all those behaviours from time to time, but never daily, and never in tandem.

I get sick of having someone push past me as i exit a building, or an elevator.  The concept of "exit before entrance" means nothing here, especially when negotiating a T junction, or a car park entrance.  I get sick of making emergency stops, because a driver will not wait his turn at a junction, and pulls out causing me to fear for my baby in the back seat.  **** your hazard lights, you nearly caused an accident.

I get sick of drivers driving 1 metre behind my car, and flashing lights to make me move, because there is a car in the adjacent lane.  This basically means i cannot hit my brakes, as the **** behind me will plow into me.  What gives him the right to demand i move for him?  Why should i drive at an unsafe speed just because he wants to pass?

Or the guy the slams on his brakes without warning and makes a turn without indicating.  Or the guy who parks in the turning lane because he doesn't want to walk to the post office, thus causing those behind him to forcibly merge into the left lane.  Or the guy who refuses to indicate, so you wait at a junction for him to drive past you, and instead turns and you realise you could have gone earlier.  Or the guy who will overtake you at a frightening speed only to slam on his brakes as soon as he gets in front as there is a speed camera, so you nearly have an accident.  Then there are the breakdown drivers who think they can do as they please.

You want my rant, here it is.

A Korean's world ends at his nose!

I never have seen anyone in Korea beat up random people on the street and take their wallet. Nor street gangs trashing neighborhoods. Nor people beating and occasionally killing people over 22 people chasing a ball.

I'd call that shit pretty selfish. I think you have Korean-style blinders on when it comes to your own country.

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #8649 on: September 04, 2018, 02:40:25 PM »
Park in a disabled parking spot in the west, or on a crossing, you get a fine and probably towed if it's there long enough.  No two ways about it, no arguing.  So you don't do it or if you do then that teaches you not to do it again....  You don't need your parents or friends to tell you about that.  What part of doing this kind of stupid parking is not to do with selfishness?  Or 'cultures' as you call it.

You know, there's more to selfishness, than just those two criteria.

Also, those are shitty individuals.

Again, for people who bitch and moan about being steotyped, you sure do love to stereotype.

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #8650 on: September 04, 2018, 02:49:44 PM »

-not moving out of the way of ambulances on the road (I would hate to be in any serious condition where I'd have to rely on getting to a hospital fast by ambulance)
-constantly parking in the most ridiculous places, like entrances to car parks, on street corners, across pedestrian crossings, disabled parking spots etc.
-pushing in queues because you're older and male or just generally pushing past people(something you'd get a fast rebuke and possibly a smack in most other civilised countries)
etc
tc
c

A few years back my fiend and I were waiting for an elevator.  We wanted to go down 3 floors.  When it came, it was full, several people refused to make eye contact.  The guy right at the front waved at use to say "no" while frantically pushing the close button.  We had to wait for the next one.

My friend was in a wheelchair!!!!

I've seen that in subway stations. All the older people get on first and leave no room for the wheelchair person who was also waiting with them.

Offline StillInKorea

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8651 on: September 04, 2018, 03:11:23 PM »

What is the context for this? If you're driving adjacent another car at the same speed, and you're in the passing lane, then you are in the wrong. The same if you're driving slightly faster than vehicles in the slower lane and never pulling in to let faster vehicles pass.

Offline CypherSoul

• Adventurer
« Reply #8652 on: September 04, 2018, 03:16:10 PM »

German's reaction to ambulance..

In Japan, the same....(picture too big)

In some countries you give way, in others you don't. I guess its not even a cultural thing but people not being used to common sense or human decency :laugh:. At home in the UK, everyone way to the ambulance but in plenty of other countries, the ambulance is stuck in traffic. I am unsure about Korea...I have not seen many ambulances with the sirens on.
Slay My Life! Walk boo boo walk! Cat Walk for me boo boo! This isn't cat walking, this is a hyena walking! Lion walking! Tiger walking! Leopard walking! Enter my Queen!

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #8653 on: September 04, 2018, 03:16:36 PM »

What is the context for this? If you're driving adjacent another car at the same speed, and you're in the passing lane, then you are in the wrong. The same if you're driving slightly faster than vehicles in the slower lane and never pulling in to let faster vehicles pass.

Reminds me of the poster who once complained about Koreans honking at him when he was at a red light, but was unaware that Korea has a "Turn right on red" law and that blocking the right lane is generally considered a dick move in any country/state that has "turn right on red".

I lived in a "Turn right on Red" state and we'd get the same kind of "Why are divers here such jerks?" from people from out of state who didn't know the local rules of the road.

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #8654 on: September 04, 2018, 03:17:50 PM »
I think with Korean ambulances, if they aren't honking and the siren is blaring, people generally don't give way. I've still seen selfish asshats in that case, but far less.

Given how quickly some people call for ambulances over really minor injuries, it's not surprising that if the ambulance is just meandering up the road with it's lights on, that peopel don't give way.

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #8655 on: September 04, 2018, 03:19:01 PM »

The context is that those drivers are d1cks.

PS There is no defined "slow lane" in Korea.

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #8656 on: September 04, 2018, 03:33:34 PM »
In Sligo's defense, given Korea's labyrinthine streets, he might have had an upcoming turn somewhere nearby.

Offline StillInKorea

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8657 on: September 04, 2018, 04:23:59 PM »

The context is that those drivers are d1cks.

PS There is no defined "slow lane" in Korea.

Sorry, but I learned to drive from scratch here, and you are wrong. There are passing lanes and slower lanes, just like in western countries. Unfortunately, people don't use passing lanes properly in Korea, and instead hold long lines of cars up because they think they're special.

Here's some useful info on how to drive on the expressway in Korea. It explains how to use passing lanes. https://www.koroad.or.kr/en_web/view/drvGuide3.do

Online sligo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8658 on: September 04, 2018, 05:06:47 PM »

What is the context for this? If you're driving adjacent another car at the same speed, and you're in the passing lane, then you are in the wrong. The same if you're driving slightly faster than vehicles in the slower lane and never pulling in to let faster vehicles pass

Reminds me of the poster who once complained about Koreans honking at him when he was at a red light, but was unaware that Korea has a "Turn right on red" law and that blocking the right lane is generally considered a dick move in any country/state that has "turn right on red".

I lived in a "Turn right on Red" state and we'd get the same kind of "Why are divers here such jerks?" from people from out of state who didn't know the local rules of the road.

You are not allowed to turn right if either road is showing a green man, but you either hear honk honk honk, or they drive around you as you wait to turn, and they nearly hit those crossing.

As for 2 lanes, often a car in the fast lane isnt going fast enough, so drivers attempt ro undertake by switching to the other lane only to see my car and demand i move.  Why? If they want to overtake, do it on the left not the right!

Offline StillInKorea

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8659 on: September 04, 2018, 07:00:13 PM »

What is the context for this? If you're driving adjacent another car at the same speed, and you're in the passing lane, then you are in the wrong. The same if you're driving slightly faster than vehicles in the slower lane and never pulling in to let faster vehicles pass

You are not allowed to turn right if either road is showing a green man, but you either hear honk honk honk, or they drive around you as you wait to turn, and they nearly hit those crossing.

As for 2 lanes, often a car in the fast lane isnt going fast enough, so drivers attempt ro undertake by switching to the other lane only to see my car and demand i move.  Why? If they want to overtake, do it on the left not the right!

If people are honking at you to go faster while you're driving in the slow lane, they are in the wrong. If people are honking at you when you're holding up traffic in the fast lane, you are in the wrong.

The reason people undertake is because too many people drive slowly in the fast lane. The worst offenders are middle aged men driving pickups and women chatting on their phone with no awareness of a world outside their own head.