July 19, 2018, 09:29:15 PM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 1040782 times)

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Tangled Up In 주
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #8420 on: June 08, 2018, 12:35:49 PM »
I knew someone would come in with that line. You don't disappoint.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #8421 on: June 10, 2018, 01:18:57 PM »
Does anybody really understand the Sunday shop closing rules?

In Anyang today we couldn't find fried chicken for lunch, but lots of BBQ places to choose from.

[Shrug]

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 신의 모드 아재: 후레쉬~!
« Reply #8422 on: June 11, 2018, 11:39:34 AM »

In Anyang today we couldn't find fried chicken for lunch, but lots of BBQ places to choose from.

[Shrug]

I always assumed that if a shop was closed on a Sunday and it wasn't a big box grocer that they were doing it for personal or religious reasons. Gobongmin Gimbap is like that. Is there a rule?

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8423 on: June 11, 2018, 11:46:56 AM »

[Shrug]

I always assumed that if a shop was closed on a Sunday and it wasn't a big box grocer that they were doing it for personal or religious reasons. Gobongmin Gimbap is like that. Is there a rule?

Yeah, I'd agree with Donadlo and I'll also chime in that they probably open on a Sunday night. Fried chicken is more of a night time food than a day time food I'd say.
Going away golfing excitedly venturing to somewhere unknown carefree knowing my youthful demeanour is craving ketchup.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #8424 on: June 11, 2018, 01:04:55 PM »

[Shrug]

Yeah, I'd agree with Donadlo and I'll also chime in that they probably open on a Sunday night. Fried chicken is more of a night time food than a day time food I'd say.

Maybe they were open later, but we tried three places. Restaurants usually do good business on Sunday lunch with both the heathen crowd and the after church crowd.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 09:18:34 AM by JNM »

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #8425 on: June 12, 2018, 08:56:16 AM »
asdfghjkl;'';lkjhgfdsaAQWERTYUIOP[][;LKJHGXSZAZxcvbnm,./?.,mn bvcxzAQWER45Y7I9OP[4TDRFLDR

How can it only be Tuesday right now?  :cry:

I feel like how you do when you take an overly long nap that makes you feel worse than before you took it.

Online oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #8426 on: June 12, 2018, 09:04:31 AM »
something i was thinking about yesterday

they love those tv shows that shows the inside of celebrity houses in korea. but they always look so empty inside

big empty room, with an ugly sofa in the corner. maybe one of those lazyboy chairs, a mat to sit on in the centre, maybe an exercise bike, tv and tv stand. but that's it. devoid of any interior design

maybe just cultural differences, but it irks me. shrug

Online JVPrice

• Super Waygook
« Reply #8427 on: June 12, 2018, 09:34:41 AM »
asdfghjkl;'';lkjhgfdsaAQWERTYUIOP[][;LKJHGXSZAZxcvbnm,./?.,mn bvcxzAQWER45Y7I9OP[4TDRFLDR

How can it only be Tuesday right now?  :cry:

I feel like how you do when you take an overly long nap that makes you feel worse than before you took it.

Honestly feeling the same right now. The only saving grace is the Wednesday off  :-[
The World Ends With You

Online Datasapien

• Super Waygook
  • The sun smells too loud.
« Reply #8428 on: June 12, 2018, 09:48:42 AM »
I wish they always just put holidays on the Monday. I know a day off is a day off, but having it in the middle of the week just means we essentially have two Mondays to deal with in the space of a week  :laugh: :cry:
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

Online tadpole511

• Veteran
« Reply #8429 on: June 12, 2018, 09:54:21 AM »
I wish they always just put holidays on the Monday. I know a day off is a day off, but having it in the middle of the week just means we essentially have two Mondays to deal with in the space of a week  :laugh: :cry:

Getting my kids back on track after a mid-week holiday is like herding cats. They don't want to do anything because they just had a day off, and the weekend is just a day or two away. While a holiday is a holiday, I guess, I would greatly prefer a Monday or a Friday off.

Online Bingsu

• Veteran
« Reply #8430 on: June 12, 2018, 09:58:08 AM »
Found out yesterday I did pretty much get scammed out of $120 by my MT.

omw to find a cliff ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Online tadpole511

• Veteran
« Reply #8431 on: June 12, 2018, 10:02:30 AM »

How the hell did that happen?

You seriously need to report them. I thought my coteacher last year was psychotic, but your MT takes the cake.

Online Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8432 on: June 12, 2018, 10:12:37 AM »

My most disruptive school is on a Wednesday, normally I'd agree. But I'm SUPER happy about having this Wednesday off for a 2nd week. :p

Online Bingsu

• Veteran
« Reply #8433 on: June 12, 2018, 10:21:18 AM »

You seriously need to report them. I thought my coteacher last year was psychotic, but your MT takes the cake.

basically my Mt came to me and told me I had to pay $40 a month for the monthly hweshiks.

I had to pay 3 months in advance and I asked if I could wire her the money and she said that cash was better. This was like my second week at the school and I still trusted her and we were told during orientation that we probably would have to pay a couple months up front so I didn't really think to question it.

Yesterday the head teacher asked me if I had gone to any of the dinners and I told him no, that I had never been invited.

I asked him when they were, he said the school only has one once a semester but every month the teachers will get together and have one.

Part of me knew that they were just purposely not inviting me, but another part of me was just hoping that there hadn't been one. But nope looks like I got ****** scammed.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Tangled Up In 주
« Reply #8434 on: June 12, 2018, 10:24:43 AM »
Seriously, Bingsu.

WTF

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8435 on: June 12, 2018, 10:29:47 AM »

Yeah especially this voting one, it would have been so easy to have it on a Monday!

Online JVPrice

• Super Waygook
« Reply #8436 on: June 12, 2018, 10:30:57 AM »

basically my Mt came to me and told me I had to pay $40 a month for the monthly hweshiks.

I had to pay 3 months in advance and I asked if I could wire her the money and she said that cash was better. This was like my second week at the school and I still trusted her and we were told during orientation that we probably would have to pay a couple months up front so I didn't really think to question it.

Yesterday the head teacher asked me if I had gone to any of the dinners and I told him no, that I had never been invited.

I asked him when they were, he said the school only has one once a semester but every month the teachers will get together and have one.

Part of me knew that they were just purposely not inviting me, but another part of me was just hoping that there hadn't been one. But nope looks like I got ****** scammed.

Report her, make a scene. Everything happening is unacceptable. You need to put that woman in her place.
The World Ends With You

Online JVPrice

• Super Waygook
« Reply #8437 on: June 14, 2018, 02:07:44 PM »
*Last 5 minutes of class*

Me: Alright class, find a partner and practice for the speaking test!

Class: *Blank stare*

Me: Teacher, can you tell them?

CT: Sure. *Goes back to what she was doing*

Class: *Devolves into chaos thinking it's over*

:blank:
The World Ends With You

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #8438 on: June 15, 2018, 07:49:49 AM »
Speaking tests begin next week. Dreading.

Offline MoonChild

• Waygookin
  • U wot m8?
« Reply #8439 on: June 15, 2018, 08:03:24 AM »
Speaking tests begin next week. Dreading.

You know they are not that bad (I have been told to be generous...looks like everyone is getting  full marks  :rolleyes:)  but after a certain point you reach your limit and start losing focus and end up thinking about food.  :laugh:
Man's not hot