August 22, 2018, 01:02:02 PM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 1062618 times)

donovan

Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #8260 on: May 30, 2018, 12:36:33 PM »
I'm getting increasingly impatient and testy these days, but like internally.

I think it's probably because I'm leaving or shits been building for 4 years but anyway. It's just petty stuff too but it just grinds on me.

As an example, one teacher just came in to the office looking for 6 dice.

The conversation went like this. In Korean obvs.

Teacher A: Good morning everyone. I need some dice. Do you have them in here?

Teacher B: Oh teacher I will help you!

Teacher C: I will help you too!

Teacher B: Here are dice.

Teacher C: Yes we have dice.

Teacher B: How many do you need?
If you need more than this we can get more
?

Teacher C: Here are some unopened dice.

Teacher A: I need 6.

Teacher B: Oh there are more in here? Do you want to take more?

Teacher A: I only need 6

Teacher B: Okay then. Well here is the bag but there are more inside.

Teacher C: Trying to grab the bag I can take them out for you.

Teacher A: No it's okay I'll take it. Thank you everyone.

Me: Screams (externally). Slaps the dice out of teacher A's hands and kicks them as they scatter about the office. Grabs the remaining dice off the shelf and chucks them out the (closed) window. Grabs the entire shelf and with all her might slams it to the ground, pinning teachers B and C to the floor beneath, being too paralyzed with shocked to move out of the way. Then shouts, "WILL ANYBODY HELP ME FIND SOME DICE?! I COULD REALLY USE SOME HELP WITH THESE DICE RIGHT NOW!

Other Teachers: Stare blankly at Penny in horror as she stands panting heavily with a look of rage on her face but staring deep into space. Teacher A cautiously reaches for the nearest phone without taking her eyes off Penny as Teachers B and C's moans begin to fill the otherwise silent room.

Don't you think you might be overreacting?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 01:01:44 PM by donovan »

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #8261 on: May 30, 2018, 01:31:25 PM »
Me: Screams (externally). Slaps the dice out of teacher A's hands and kicks them as they scatter about the office. Grabs the remaining dice off the shelf and chucks them out the (closed) window. Grabs the entire shelf and with all her might slams it to the ground, pinning teachers B and C to the floor beneath, being too paralyzed with shocked to move out of the way. Then shouts, "WILL ANYBODY HELP ME FIND SOME DICE?! I COULD REALLY USE SOME HELP WITH THESE DICE RIGHT NOW!
Other Teachers: Stare blankly at Pennypie in horror as she stands panting heavily with a look of rage on her face but staring deep into space. Teacher A cautiously reaches for the nearest phone without taking her eyes off Penny as Teachers B and C's moans begin to fill the otherwise silent room.

And that was on a Tuesday. You should see her on Mondays.  :huh:

« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 01:33:30 PM by kyndo »

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8262 on: May 30, 2018, 01:33:55 PM »
Other Teachers: Stare blankly at Pennypie in horror as she stands panting heavily with a look of rage on her face but staring deep into space. Teacher A cautiously reaches for the nearest phone without taking her eyes off Penny as Teachers B and C's moans begin to fill the otherwise silent room.

And that was on a Tuesday. You should see her on Mondays.  :huh:

How did you get that gif of me?

:laugh: :laugh:

Online oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #8263 on: May 30, 2018, 08:16:01 PM »
I AM BUSY. YOU CAN SEE ME WORKING  >:(

I'm sure this isn't just a Korean thing but it's making me annoyed how people just assume they're entitled to your time. Last year when I was home sick with a cold and laryngitis somebody banged on my front door for so long and so loudly I assumed it was an emergency. Nope, just 2 ajummas who wanted me to join their cult (and to ask me if I was Russian  :undecided: ) How often are people banging on my front door when I'm not home?

I think this goes along with the Korean expectation of always being flexible (which is still VERY annoying). When something comes up, like I need to make an important visit to the bank or get important documents, my co-teacher will insist we do it immediately after she's just told me about it. These are the types of things that take hours mind you, and will take a huge chunk out of the remaining day after school. Nevermind asking "Are you busy?" or "Do you have any plans today?"

As a person who likes to know things ahead of time and be prepared, it's extremely frustrating.
we're moving out in a couple of months. the real estate agent decided it was appropriate, at 8pm, without absolutely any warning, to phone my wife and say 'we are outside. open the door right now so we can show some people the apartment"

err, what? how could anybody possibly think this is acceptable behaviour?

Offline Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8264 on: May 31, 2018, 09:59:56 AM »
I'm getting increasingly impatient and testy these days, but like internally.

I think it's probably because I'm leaving or shits been building for 4 years but anyway. It's just petty stuff too but it just grinds on me.

As an example, one teacher just came in to the office looking for 6 dice.

The conversation went like this. In Korean obvs.

Teacher A: Good morning everyone. I need some dice. Do you have them in here?

Teacher B: Oh teacher I will help you!

Teacher C: I will help you too!

Teacher B: Here are dice.

Teacher C: Yes we have dice.

Teacher B: How many do you need?
If you need more than this we can get more
?

Teacher C: Here are some unopened dice.

Teacher A: I need 6.

Teacher B: Oh there are more in here? Do you want to take more?

Teacher A: I only need 6

Teacher B: Okay then. Well here is the bag but there are more inside.

Teacher C: Trying to grab the bag I can take them out for you.

Teacher A: No it's okay I'll take it. Thank you everyone.

Other Teachers: Stare blankly at Penny in horror as she stands panting heavily with a look of rage on her face but staring deep into space. Teacher A cautiously reaches for the nearest phone without taking her eyes off Penny as Teachers B and C's moans begin to fill the otherwise silent room.

She rolled a 15, so the dungeon master accepts this as the outcome. Teachers B and C will need to roll an 11 or higher if they want to be free.

(I know nothing about how to play dungeons and dragons the old school way)

Online JVPrice

• Super Waygook
« Reply #8265 on: May 31, 2018, 11:53:12 AM »
Gotta love my co-teacher.

It's renewal time and they of course tell us last minute they need our health results.

I go to do my medical exam on Monday. They say it'll be available Thursday.

Tuesday, my CT asks me about the place. I don't know the name or number so she asks me to find it so she can ask them to rush the results since we need them "ASAP". (Is it possible to rush a health exam????) We were told later than Monday is fine, but it should be ASAP. This means I must waste my time to go back out to the clinic after school just to get a phone number for her.

Come back to my main school on the following day. She doesn't say anything so I ask her:

"Did you call the clinic?"

(In the most defeated tone) "Yep."

Just from that tone I knew what they told her. Thursday is considered ASAP in this situation. Glad she wasted my time successfully.
The World Ends With You

Offline Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8266 on: May 31, 2018, 12:42:17 PM »
Gotta love my co-teacher.

It's renewal time and they of course tell us last minute they need our health results.

I go to do my medical exam on Monday. They say it'll be available Thursday.

Tuesday, my CT asks me about the place. I don't know the name or number so she asks me to find it so she can ask them to rush the results since we need them "ASAP". (Is it possible to rush a health exam????) We were told later than Monday is fine, but it should be ASAP. This means I must waste my time to go back out to the clinic after school just to get a phone number for her.

Come back to my main school on the following day. She doesn't say anything so I ask her:

"Did you call the clinic?"

(In the most defeated tone) "Yep."

Just from that tone I knew what they told her. Thursday is considered ASAP in this situation. Glad she wasted my time successfully.

I haven't been asked about health results from a test yet, and I'm pretty sure I have been renewed too :O
I'm getting a little worried now >.<

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #8267 on: May 31, 2018, 01:30:11 PM »
This week has been soul-sucking, and I still have just enough left to feel it.  :cry:

Maybe it's been the high pollution we've had, but the kids have been insane. I've had to penalize pretty much every single class but for my best third grade classes because ****-if-I-know.

I'm not leaving my apartment this weekend. Just no.

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8268 on: May 31, 2018, 01:36:46 PM »
This week has been soul-sucking, and I still have just enough left to feel it.  :cry:

Maybe it's been the high pollution we've had, but the kids have been insane. I've had to penalize pretty much every single class but for my best third grade classes because ****-if-I-know.

I feel exactly the same.  :cry: :cry:
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #8269 on: May 31, 2018, 01:39:59 PM »

I think it's at that knackering three-month point where it's far from the start of the semester but not close enough to the holidays to have that final energy spurt to get you there.  :sad: 

Online keldule

• Adventurer
  • Mostly lurking
« Reply #8270 on: May 31, 2018, 01:56:06 PM »
I don't know if it's Korea or what, but I've had an annoying cough for 2.5 months and a sore throat for 2 weeks.

Keep going to the doctor and they just prescribe me whatever for 3 days and then afterwards the symptoms come back with a vengeance.  I can't help but think this is how superbugs are born...

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #8271 on: May 31, 2018, 03:21:28 PM »
I don't know if it's Korea or what, but I've had an annoying cough for 2.5 months and a sore throat for 2 weeks.

Keep going to the doctor and they just prescribe me whatever for 3 days and then afterwards the symptoms come back with a vengeance.  I can't help but think this is how superbugs are born...

This could be the pollution, too. Some people feel the effects more than others.

If you don't already have an air purifier, I'd recommend getting one for your apartment. The air you sleep in makes a HUGE impact on the way you feel throughout the day, especially if you're highly sensitive to the pollution. We've had a lot of red days in the past few months, and, for some areas, it's been purple.

Beyond that, keep an eye on the pollution readings and wear masks with 2.5PM filters while running around on bad days.

Offline Bingsu

• Veteran
« Reply #8272 on: May 31, 2018, 05:44:51 PM »
Changing my schedule from all after school classes to curriculum classes is gonna be great....If they actually give me the schedule and I don't have to find out that it's been changed from one of my students.

Online Datasapien

• Super Waygook
  • The sun smells too loud.
« Reply #8273 on: May 31, 2018, 06:44:10 PM »
Ask your co-teacher for a copy of the new schedule. What grades and classes you teach, when, what pages of the textbook you are expected to cover each week etc. Typically the GET does the listening / speaking parts of the textbook, but you'll have to double check. I'm guessing you've had a look / been given the textbooks at least? I'd also ask for the names lists of all the students for each class, so you can begin to learn some of their names and write notes RE: shy / low level / naughty students for future reference.
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

donovan

« Reply #8274 on: May 31, 2018, 10:45:08 PM »

That's the Korean spring and summer cold. I've been getting it annually for a very long time.

Pro tip - don't go to the doctor for a cold. Just go to a pharmacy, get some over the counter meds, and rest. Nothing a doctor gives you is going to cure you, and it's more than likely going to contain some antibiotics, which aren't effective against viruses.

Just rest up, lots of fluids, decongestants, over the counter meds, and you'll be doing a lot better than loading yourself up with whatever excessive trash the doctor is giving you.

Any cure for a soul sucked?

Offline eujunseo

• Veteran
« Reply #8275 on: June 01, 2018, 03:06:58 AM »

That's the Korean spring and summer cold. I've been getting it annually for a very long time.

Pro tip - don't go to the doctor for a cold. Just go to a pharmacy, get some over the counter meds, and rest. Nothing a doctor gives you is going to cure you, and it's more than likely going to contain some antibiotics, which aren't effective against viruses.

Just rest up, lots of fluids, decongestants, over the counter meds, and you'll be doing a lot better than loading yourself up with whatever excessive trash the doctor is giving you.

I think this advice is better than any other advice given to me by doctors.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #8276 on: June 01, 2018, 08:12:29 AM »

Drinking the tears of wayward children.

Seriously. It's life-sustaining.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #8277 on: June 01, 2018, 08:20:18 AM »
Changing my schedule from all after school classes to curriculum classes is gonna be great....If they actually give me the schedule and I don't have to find out that it's been changed from one of my students.

Don't jinx yourself.   :wink:

It'll be a massive improvement all the same, and your lousy school might be a little more cautious with you since you've shown willingness to bring the POE in to take action against it (but expect to be tested). Revel in your victory until then and plant your flag.

donovan

« Reply #8278 on: June 01, 2018, 09:36:03 AM »

Drinking the tears of wayward children.

Seriously. It's life-sustaining.

It's also a nice supplement to teenage blood transfusions. It keeps Peter Thiel's skin soft and supple.

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8279 on: June 01, 2018, 09:59:28 AM »
Aircon is allowed.

Aircon is higher than the outside temperature.  :sad: