November 21, 2018, 03:28:20 PM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 1171707 times)

Online kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #8240 on: June 16, 2018, 09:17:21 AM »
I just took a hard fall from the uneven tiles in our teachers room.  I went down hard.  I'm now going to have a huge bruise on my knee and probably my hip. 

I wish they would fix or replace those stupid things.  >:(

You need to go to the hospital and get your injuries checked out. Scans etc.

And do it today. It's vitally important for claiming worker's compensation. Medical expenses for accidents at work are fully covered by the employer. Take pictures and video of the uneven tiles too.
     But why? To what end?
     It's a lot of hassle with no benefit to denimdaze, unless she plans to sue. Which would be difficult considering that the MOE would just not renew her. Considering the how easy these kinds of cases are to delay, she would end up pursuing the charges from out country, making it both really expensive, and nearly impossible to win.
    Better to use use the accident to gain a bit of social capital, to be spent on negotiating a better summer/winter holiday.  :smiley:

Online oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #8241 on: June 16, 2018, 10:35:59 AM »
I just took a hard fall from the uneven tiles in our teachers room.  I went down hard.  I'm now going to have a huge bruise on my knee and probably my hip. 

And do it today. It's vitally important for claiming worker's compensation. Medical expenses for accidents at work are fully covered by the employer. Take pictures and video of the uneven tiles too.
     But why? To what end?
     It's a lot of hassle with no benefit to denimdaze, unless she plans to sue. Which would be difficult considering that the MOE would just not renew her. Considering the how easy these kinds of cases are to delay, she would end up pursuing the charges from out country, making it both really expensive, and nearly impossible to win.
    Better to use use the accident to gain a bit of social capital, to be spent on negotiating a better summer/winter holiday.  :smiley:
i'd probably go to the hospital so i had 'evidence' and could then negotiate a better holiday, etc

donovan

« Reply #8242 on: June 16, 2018, 12:27:41 PM »
What are broken limbs but proof of what a hard worker you are!

Offline JVPrice

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8243 on: June 17, 2018, 06:17:39 AM »
3 weeks ago I started having symptoms of a disease I'd rather not disclose. I go to the doctor and of course they prescribe medicine. Symptoms are not only still present but worse a week later. I go to another doctor and they actually check rather than just ask me my symptoms. They also prescribe medicine. Now I'm on the last dose and I still have symptoms. What are the odds that if I return to either doctor they'll just prescribe meds again??  :lipsrsealed:
The World Ends With You

Online kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #8244 on: June 17, 2018, 12:15:36 PM »

But why? To what end?
i'd probably go to the hospital so i had 'evidence' and could then negotiate a better holiday, etc
Taking a photo of a bruise is probably faster, easier, less stressful, and equally convincing than going for an MRI for the same thing, but to each their own.  :smiley:

Online oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #8245 on: June 17, 2018, 12:34:45 PM »
aye, but legal/official documentation is probably better if you were 'threatening' or suggesting taking legal action, at least from what i've read in various korean legal help groups

i left my public school on a bitter note and from being a bit screwed over, so maybe i'm a bit more mistrustful and less likely to give the benefit of the doubt than most

Offline StillInKorea

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8246 on: June 17, 2018, 07:16:02 PM »
3 weeks ago I started having symptoms of a disease I'd rather not disclose. I go to the doctor and of course they prescribe medicine. Symptoms are not only still present but worse a week later. I go to another doctor and they actually check rather than just ask me my symptoms. They also prescribe medicine. Now I'm on the last dose and I still have symptoms. What are the odds that if I return to either doctor they'll just prescribe meds again??  :lipsrsealed:

Which STD did you get?

But seriously, go to a reputable hospital instead of small-town clinics if you're not getting proper treatment.

Offline JVPrice

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8247 on: June 17, 2018, 08:14:19 PM »

Which STD did you get?

But seriously, go to a reputable hospital instead of small-town clinics if you're not getting proper treatment.

Wouldn't know since these doctors never give me a diagnosis
The World Ends With You

Online Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #8248 on: June 17, 2018, 08:40:07 PM »
OK, so disclose your symptoms. We'll help diagnose you.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #8249 on: June 18, 2018, 06:12:59 AM »

If you suspect a specific disease, go to a hospital that you know conducts tests for it and request those tests.

Seoul even has places that are known to be very discrete with a lot of those tests.

Offline StillInKorea

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8250 on: June 18, 2018, 08:00:08 AM »

Which STD did you get?

Never blindly trust doctors, especially in Korea. I went to the dermatologist with some random inflammation that I believed to be an infection. He said it wasn't infected, but he'd give me medicine to treat the symptoms. One of his choices was Tramadol, an opioid painkiller which is used to treat severe pain and has a lot of side effects and warnings. Luckily, I always google every medicine prescribed by a doctor and tell the pharmacist not to dispense any inappropriate medicine.

Go to a big hospital and ask for a proper explanation of what's wrong with you. Have tests done, even if they're not cheap. I've never had an STD, but I've had prostate trouble with uncomfortable symptoms, and it required going to a major hospital for the proper tests to be done (which thankfully didn't involve an ajeosshi sticking his finger up my arse).

Online kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #8251 on: June 18, 2018, 09:03:20 AM »
aye, but legal/official documentation is probably better if you were 'threatening' or suggesting taking legal action, at least from what i've read in various korean legal help groups

i left my public school on a bitter note and from being a bit screwed over, so maybe i'm a bit more mistrustful and less likely to give the benefit of the doubt than most
Oh, I definitely agree here. If you're keen on going in for legal action, then the more documentation the merrier!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 12:08:38 PM by kyndo »

Online OnNut81

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8252 on: June 18, 2018, 12:06:32 PM »
StillinKorea:

"Luckily, I always google every medicine prescribed by a doctor and tell the pharmacist not to dispense any inappropriate medicine."

You've had success doing this in Korea?  I've tried a couple of times telling them not to include medicine (anti-biotics) and they've told me it's all or nothing.  I even had my gf (nurse) go with me to the pharmacy on her floor of clinics and ask, and they said the same thing.  And they've known each other for years.  I had to go back to the original clinic and get them to cross it out and name chop the prescription. 

Online kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #8253 on: June 18, 2018, 12:11:39 PM »
I've tried a couple of times telling them not to include medicine (anti-biotics) and they've told me it's all or nothing.  I even had my gf (nurse) go with me to the pharmacy on her floor of clinics and ask, and they said the same thing.  And they've known each other for years.  I had to go back to the original clinic and get them to cross it out and name chop the prescription.
    I've noticed that some of the pharmacies in my area include small captions with a picture of the pill and the name beside it. I generally don't wan't the painkillers and vitamins that doctors stuff in every prescription, so I go through the list (with the help of google) and pick out the pills I don't need. Check out the envelope: might be that you have the same thing on yours.

Offline StillInKorea

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8254 on: June 18, 2018, 01:07:59 PM »
StillinKorea:

"Luckily, I always google every medicine prescribed by a doctor and tell the pharmacist not to dispense any inappropriate medicine."

You've had success doing this in Korea?  I've tried a couple of times telling them not to include medicine (anti-biotics) and they've told me it's all or nothing.  I even had my gf (nurse) go with me to the pharmacy on her floor of clinics and ask, and they said the same thing.  And they've known each other for years.  I had to go back to the original clinic and get them to cross it out and name chop the prescription.

The pharmacists usually agree, but some say the same as your pharmacist. In that case, I have them show me which drug is which and don't take the inappropriate ones. It's better to not have improper medicine prescribed in the first place though. You're paying for it (albeit not much) and the doctors are getting kickbacks from the pharmaceutical companies at the expense of their patients' health. I won't be going back to that dermatologist who tried to prescribe me an opioid for something that barely hurt.

If you argue long enough, in Korea, people will usually back down.

Online sligo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8255 on: June 18, 2018, 01:28:43 PM »
StillinKorea:

The pharmacists usually agree, but some say the same as your pharmacist. In that case, I have them show me which drug is which and don't take the inappropriate ones. It's better to not have improper medicine prescribed in the first place though. You're paying for it (albeit not much) and the doctors are getting kickbacks from the pharmaceutical companies at the expense of their patients' health. I won't be going back to that dermatologist who tried to prescribe me an opioid for something that barely hurt.

If you argue long enough, in Korea, people will usually back down.

save the opioids for your next long haul flight!

Online zola

• The Legend
« Reply #8256 on: June 18, 2018, 01:35:14 PM »
Surprised they gave you Tramadol. I've never had a doctor give me much more than Tylenol or run of the mill NSAIDs, even when I had serious pain. I did however get valium thrown in with a list of prescipted drugs one day. Still don't know why the doctor thought I needed benzos.
Kpip! - Martin 2018

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #8257 on: June 19, 2018, 07:58:22 AM »
This is probably the most lenient I've been on speaking tests since coming to Korea, and I'm still getting bitched at (BY TEACHERS) for making the grades too low. I'm not giving a student an 'A' for saying, "Nice to meeting you, favorite food ramyun, Kim Jung Un bad man, 몰라요."

Gawd, I hate speaking tests soooooooo much. I'm basically just stabbing myself in the face for a two full weeks. I'm convinced that these kids know how much it kills me inside and are doing this shit on purpose, just to make me pay for making them do that one activity that one time.

Well joke's on them, they might have this two weeks, but I have them for the rest of the semester.

donovan

« Reply #8258 on: June 19, 2018, 01:09:14 PM »
This is probably the most lenient I've been on speaking tests since coming to Korea, and I'm still getting bitched at (BY TEACHERS) for making the grades too low. I'm not giving a student an 'A' for saying, "Nice to meeting you, favorite food ramyun, Kim Jung Un bad man, 몰라요."

Gawd, I hate speaking tests soooooooo much. I'm basically just stabbing myself in the face for a two full weeks. I'm convinced that these kids know how much it kills me inside and are doing this shit on purpose, just to make me pay for making them do that one activity that one time.

Well joke's on them, they might have this two weeks, but I have them for the rest of the semester.

This is how I imagine you saying that:

Offline JVPrice

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8259 on: June 19, 2018, 01:29:30 PM »

Why do you hate speaking tests so much?? The way I see it, it's a free week of not having to teach. At least at my schools, my teachers give me the rest of the period off once the testing for that class is finished.
The World Ends With You