July 16, 2018, 10:42:32 PM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 1035843 times)

Offline Kayos

• Expert Waygook
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #8140 on: May 10, 2018, 12:49:51 PM »
I've always felt this site has way too many forums and sub-forums.  Once something falls from the recent activity forum it's pretty much done.  It might have been an interesting topic, a true masterpiece even, that just was posted in an unfortunate crack of time and it's missed.  I don't know about others but I've never gone into the forums page and just perused.  I think this site would benefit more from having just a few broader topics like the café used to. You could find posts you were interested in for a much longer period of time.  Just take a scroll through the forum page.  It's ridiculous how much they've broken things down.  Who's going to bother going into all of those?  Probably a lot of good stuff is going unnoticed.

Sometimes when I have very little to do, I go searching on these forums for something interesting to read.

Online oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #8141 on: May 10, 2018, 01:25:06 PM »
Does this happen to anyone else, daily? I stand to the side of the subway doors, to let people off first. Everyone behind me piles on, pushing in front of me, also blocking anyone getting off. Makes no sense, and it's so rude...

Offline Aristocrat

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #8142 on: May 10, 2018, 01:38:13 PM »
Does this happen to anyone else, daily? I stand to the side of the subway doors, to let people off first. Everyone behind me piles on, pushing in front of me, also blocking anyone getting off. Makes no sense, and it's so rude...

Not anymore, it's improved quite a bit.
The ugliest, most inconsiderate, selfish and dangerous side of Korean society still manifests itself in the driving culture.
Given the anonymity of tinted windows and no fear of any real traffic enforcement, the most shameful side of Korean culture is on show for all to see.

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Expert Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #8143 on: May 10, 2018, 01:41:06 PM »

The ugliest, most inconsiderate, selfish and dangerous side of Korean society still manifests itself in the driving culture.
Given the anonymity of tinted windows and no fear of any real traffic enforcement, the most shameful side of Korean culture is on show for all to see.

Honestly, the complete disregard for traffic lights, crosswalks, pedestrians, turn signals, etc completely blows my mind.

Offline tadpole511

• Veteran
« Reply #8144 on: May 10, 2018, 01:51:47 PM »

Honestly, the complete disregard for traffic lights, crosswalks, pedestrians, turn signals, etc completely blows my mind.

I've had cars actually swerve towards me on the street while riding my bike. They might have been swerving to miss something on the other side, but do you really need to suddenly pulling a @#&*(@! 90 degree right turn when I'm right between you and a parked car? I'm literally crashing into the curb and falling off my bike because I'm trying to avoid getting hit when you suddenly need to swerve to miss some invisible object on your other side.

I feel like so much would be solved if people didn't park on the sidewalks and bike lanes. Sidewalks are for pedestrians. Bike lanes are for bikers. The regular lanes are for everyone traveling in some sort of motorized vehicle (car, bongo, bus, scooter, what-have-you).

Offline Aristocrat

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #8145 on: May 10, 2018, 06:49:49 PM »
Young lady and two of her friends walking through the mall. She drops her ice-cream on the floor. They all do this mini shriek then take out their phones and take a picture of it before walking off... The f**k is wrong with these kids?

Online StillInKorea

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8146 on: May 10, 2018, 09:05:19 PM »
Today a bird pooped *in* my car.

I was ahead of schedule for a factory visit, so I stopped at a CU for a coffee and kimbap. I went back to my car, rolled down the window, and a little finch-type bird flu in, craps on my dash, and leaves.

That was my fault. I was feeling salty about our speeding debate, so I trained my pet finch to crap in your Prius.

It seems that everything people do offends your sensibilities. Further evidence that modern liberals are just as judgmental and intolerant as the conservatives they love to hound for being judgmental and intolerant.

Online zola

• The Legend
« Reply #8147 on: May 14, 2018, 08:58:02 AM »
I usually avoid the supermarket during the weekend, but I had to do my weekly shop this past Saturday.

It's a packed, rainy, Saturday. Busier still as the next day is the bi-weekly Sunday close. Made worse by the fact that many people here push shopping carts the same way they drive cars. Made worse by the supermarket screamers whose job it is to scream at ear splitting, distortion levels through a blown out 15 watt amp about whatever special is happening. Made worse by the fuckin sample ladies who set there shit up at the end of aisles, over half of the aisle entrance, blocking passage and creating a bottleneck.

But worst of all is the Emart (or lottemark or homeplus. They all do it) staff who need to stack the shelves and seem to think their job is so vital that they block the asiles, make it impossible to get to some products and generally make themselves massive pains in the asses of customers.

I worked in a supermarket when I was at highschool, doing that same job, stacking shelves. The number one rule was, Never Get In The Way of Customers. Which didn't really need to be said. They are buying the shit that I'm stacking, if I get in their way or generally annoy them, they arent going to want to shop in the store. My job is due to them buying. I Dont have a job if they cant do that. So I shouldnt do anything that would stop them from doing that. All fairly common sense. Even on the busiest days, Christmas Eve etc, where certain products needed to be restocked constantly, you would still do wahtever you could to not get in people's ways. Standing to the side, waiting for them to pass.

Theses fucks act as though I'm causing them a hassle becuase I need to maneuver around their pallet jack blocking 90% of the asile way, where they are restocking noodle shelves that are already so full that there is no danger of running low till next winter. ****** sighing at me as I politely ask them to move. Or do that Korean thing, where they can see I'm trying to get past, they are looking directly at me, but will not step 1cm to the side. They'll just continue to stand there with my cart brushing up against them. Morons.

It's honestly in my top 5 most annoying things in this country.

1. Driving
2. Littering
3. Supermarket assholes
4. Lack of soap and handwashing in general
5. Spitting
Kpip! - Martin 2018

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8148 on: May 14, 2018, 09:23:44 AM »
I usually avoid the supermarket during the weekend, but I had to do my weekly shop this past Saturday.

It's a packed, rainy, Saturday. Busier still as the next day is the bi-weekly Sunday close. Made worse by the fact that many people here push shopping carts the same way they drive cars. Made worse by the supermarket screamers whose job it is to scream at ear splitting, distortion levels through a blown out 15 watt amp about whatever special is happening. Made worse by the fuckin sample ladies who set there shit up at the end of aisles, over half of the aisle entrance, blocking passage and creating a bottleneck.

But worst of all is the Emart (or lottemark or homeplus. They all do it) staff who need to stack the shelves and seem to think their job is so vital that they block the asiles, make it impossible to get to some products and generally make themselves massive pains in the asses of customers.

I worked in a supermarket when I was at highschool, doing that same job, stacking shelves. The number one rule was, Never Get In The Way of Customers. Which didn't really need to be said. They are buying the shit that I'm stacking, if I get in their way or generally annoy them, they arent going to want to shop in the store. My job is due to them buying. I Dont have a job if they cant do that. So I shouldnt do anything that would stop them from doing that. All fairly common sense. Even on the busiest days, Christmas Eve etc, where certain products needed to be restocked constantly, you would still do wahtever you could to not get in people's ways. Standing to the side, waiting for them to pass.

Theses fucks act as though I'm causing them a hassle becuase I need to maneuver around their pallet jack blocking 90% of the asile way, where they are restocking noodle shelves that are already so full that there is no danger of running low till next winter. ****** sighing at me as I politely ask them to move. Or do that Korean thing, where they can see I'm trying to get past, they are looking directly at me, but will not step 1cm to the side. They'll just continue to stand there with my cart brushing up against them. Morons.

1. Driving
2. Littering
3. Supermarket assholes
5. Spitting

Nice rant.

Ever play that game at the check out where they don't say hello to you and then when they've finished ringing up your goods and they haven't offered you a selection of one of their finest carrier bags they just stick there arm out without telling you how much it is and you just stand there like a tin of sardines and stare at them for a couple seconds before saying 'how much is it? And they looking utterly ****** disgusted that you'd have the audacity to even ask such a question. That happened to me on sat in the local supermarket.

Another thing I hate about supermarkets is the bakery section. They practically hold a gun to your head as you peruse the bread.

Going away golfing excitedly venturing to somewhere unknown carefree knowing my youthful demeanour is craving ketchup.

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #8149 on: May 14, 2018, 09:26:41 AM »
@Zola

I've noticed with supermarkets here that they will also just abandon boxes in the aisles. They might be unopened or opened but they're just left there. Then you get the asshole who just parks their cart opposite the box preventing you from moving forward.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #8150 on: May 14, 2018, 09:36:45 AM »
No, I didn't just ****** post 5 seconds ago, STOP LYING

I should subscribe to a less popular VPN.

Offline Aristocrat

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #8151 on: May 14, 2018, 09:39:10 AM »

1. Driving
2. Littering
3. Supermarket assholes
5. Spitting

Nice rant.

Ever play that game at the check out where they don't say hello to you and then when they've finished ringing up your goods and they haven't offered you a selection of one of their finest carrier bags they just stick there arm out without telling you how much it is and you just stand there like a tin of sardines and stare at them for a couple seconds before saying 'how much is it? And they looking utterly ****** disgusted that you'd have the audacity to even ask such a question. That happened to me on sat in the local supermarket.

Another thing I hate about supermarkets is the bakery section. They practically hold a gun to your head as you peruse the bread.

It's usually hilarious and therapeutic to complain.

Someone set up a canopy, right next to the entrance of the rather busy supermarket outside my apartment, no biggie.
They're selling 2nd hand shoes. The problem is EXACTLY the same as the problem I have at the gym, people don't re-rack the f*cking weights when they're done, they just drop them, usually wherever the thoroughfare is busiest.
The shoe racks are about 40% stacked, the remaining 60% of shoes are scattered in front of the entrance. Not only would it take at least 20min to find the other shoe, but the entrance is now completely blocked and people are stumbling through piles of shoes to get in and out of the supermarket.

I'm pretty sure someone's going to trip, shatter their hip and perpetuate SK's litigious culture.

Offline Aristocrat

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #8152 on: May 14, 2018, 10:04:20 AM »
Rant 1

Last 5min of my class was interrupted by a lady in a white coat, who seemed to think it appropriate to barge in, without knocking, and start shouting instructions to the students. I cut her off and told her to wait outside, making no attempt to hide my disdain for such disrespect.

Rant 2

Turns out, the kids are taking... urine tests today! Apparently, cases of childhood diabetes as rising dramatically, thanks to diets rich in junk food, I'm not surprised. Why the parents responsibilities are again taken over by the schools irks me, but I think it's fair to chalk that one up to cultural differences.
The real issue was how the urine tests were "administered".
The lady in the white coat gave a strip of litmus paper to each student, as they left class and basically told them to piss on it.
Completely unsupervised or controlled, the entire school of about 300 students simply stormed the bathrooms, en masse, did their business. After that, nurses were not present to collect the strips, the students were expected to take them to the nurse in her office, on the other side of the school.

As you would expect from elementary school students, particularly the boys, they delighted in waving around piss-stained litmus paper, smacking one another with it, dropping the strips and generally rendering the entire process a complete exercise in futility.

The place were logic comes to die.

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8153 on: May 14, 2018, 10:31:03 AM »
Rant 1

Last 5min of my class was interrupted by a lady in a white coat, who seemed to think it appropriate to barge in, without knocking, and start shouting instructions to the students. I cut her off and told her to wait outside, making no attempt to hide my disdain for such disrespect.

Rant 2

Turns out, the kids are taking... urine tests today! Apparently, cases of childhood diabetes as rising dramatically, thanks to diets rich in junk food, I'm not surprised. Why the parents responsibilities are again taken over by the schools irks me, but I think it's fair to chalk that one up to cultural differences.
The real issue was how the urine tests were "administered".
The lady in the white coat gave a strip of litmus paper to each student, as they left class and basically told them to piss on it.
Completely unsupervised or controlled, the entire school of about 300 students simply stormed the bathrooms, en masse, did their business. After that, nurses were not present to collect the strips, the students were expected to take them to the nurse in her office, on the other side of the school.

As you would expect from elementary school students, particularly the boys, they delighted in waving around piss-stained litmus paper, smacking one another with it, dropping the strips and generally rendering the entire process a complete exercise in futility.

Taking all the students diabetes tests at once is a good idea as it ensures no kid goes unchecked but like you say the way they go about it is a joke.

The admin staff occasionally barge into my classroom, stick their head in the door grunt oh you're in here or some other utterly pointless one liner and walk away every now and then. I don't get why the come here though? Like what would they do if I wasn't there?
Going away golfing excitedly venturing to somewhere unknown carefree knowing my youthful demeanour is craving ketchup.

Online JVPrice

• Super Waygook
« Reply #8154 on: May 14, 2018, 11:23:54 AM »

This sounds like more of a health risk after its all said and done. But they must do it for the sake of health, right?
The World Ends With You

Online kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #8155 on: May 14, 2018, 11:52:01 AM »

This reminds me of my EPIK orientation back in Jeonju, which was held in the local university. It was a large intake -- maybe 200 or 250 new teachers -- and were were all doing our medical exams in the convention area (my favourite part was the TB exam where it was discovered that one of the dudes had a paperclip in his lungs) with each different test assigned its own station. As it happened, the urine test station (washroom) was wayyyyy across the convention hall from the counter where we were supposed to deposit the sample. Normally this wouldn't be an issue: the paper cups are big, and most people have the common sense not to fill it up to the brim. Unfortunately, the people in charge of scheduling decided that hosting the graduation ceremony at the same time as the EPIK health exams would be a fantastic idea. So here we have upwards of 200 people weaving through a jostling crown of well dressed folk, heroically struggling to not shower piss all over Minjae's beautiful new prom dress...  :rolleyes:

Online JVPrice

• Super Waygook
« Reply #8156 on: May 14, 2018, 08:06:21 PM »
Ok, so tonight I went to my second viewing of Infinity War (still awesome). I think I enjoyed it this time waaaay more though because it was less packed with noisy Koreans.

Is it just me, or do they seem to have no problem making mouth noises during a movie? It happened a lot when I first went, and it only happened like once tonight.
The World Ends With You

Online sligo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8157 on: May 14, 2018, 10:16:02 PM »
My local home plus has stopped requiring a 100 won coin for the trolleys, as such no-one needs to return them to get their money back.  this means that the carpark now has many abandoned trolleys from people too lazy to walk 20 yards to return a trolley.  What is more, when one person leaves a trolley, others think it is ok to add their trolley to it and start a new "collection" of trolleys.

In the carpark there are fire extinguishers, abut several are now blocked by stacks of trolleys that have been left by lazy cunts who care only of themselves.  if there is a fire, fook everyone else because i couldn't spend 2 minutes to act like a decent citizen human being.  SAFETY LAST

Remember the sewol!!!!!

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8158 on: May 15, 2018, 07:21:14 AM »
Ok, so tonight I went to my second viewing of Infinity War (still awesome). I think I enjoyed it this time waaaay more though because it was less packed with noisy Koreans.

Is it just me, or do they seem to have no problem making mouth noises during a movie? It happened a lot when I first went, and it only happened like once tonight.

Mouth Noises? Like eating popcorn?

Online JVPrice

• Super Waygook
« Reply #8159 on: May 15, 2018, 08:29:00 AM »

Mouth Noises? Like eating popcorn?

No, like sucking teeth, sighing, audibly yawning, among other things that are a bunch of unnecessary, distracting noises.
The World Ends With You