November 21, 2018, 02:10:04 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 1171187 times)

donovan

Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #8140 on: June 04, 2018, 02:00:33 PM »
I have a Xiaomi Air 2 in the mail right now, as we speak, currently.

It's a present to myself.

They're great. If you live in a one room, your air will get super pure. If it's like a three room or something you might need a little more umph. Congratulations, though!

I live in a shoebox. I'll have the cleanest goddamn air in the country. hahahaha

If you ever need to get out...

("clean air cafe")

Offline Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8141 on: June 04, 2018, 02:00:59 PM »
http://www.coupang.com/vp/products/65077237?itemId=219906344&vendorItemId=3531184690&q=winix+hkd&itemsCount=36&searchId=be8d3374b5944557897310f2f559d44c&rank=0

I bought this one ( and a second for my inlaws for when my daughter is there).  It is designed for microdust.  What is more, it has a charcoal filter for smells, and both are washable, so you don't need to replace the filters and spend a small fortune once or twice a year.  It is the upgrade to the 5500-2 model, and that was recommended online in a few reviews as the best purifier for samll areas.  No app witg it, but the "plasmawave" means that the technology it uses emits no ozone or other harmfull stuff.

I like the idea of washing the filters vs buying new ones:
Is http://item2.gmarket.co.kr/English/detailview/item.aspx?goodscode=1404686520 the same as the one you listed on coupang? :o

Offline bigfishlittlefish

• Veteran
« Reply #8142 on: June 04, 2018, 02:23:07 PM »
Why is the ground beef here so grisly?  It has hunks of nastiness in it and it stinks when fried.
i buy this one. it's good

http://www.coupang.com/vp/products/2691938?vendorItemId=3018904397

Wow. I just did the math on this.... it would cost roughly 31,000 won for one pound of ground beef.  Ouch.  No wonder I never buy ground beef here.   :cry: :cry: :cry:

I think your maths may be off, 500g for 6900 + postage

A pound is 454g making this about 6300 + postage a pound, this is possibly the cheapest beef I've seen in Korea (unless my maths is off)

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #8143 on: June 04, 2018, 03:40:10 PM »
Just a referral to people who are interested, there's an FB group called "Clean Air Ideas In Korea" with many members who are on top of this sort of thing and are incredibly knowledgeable about what's currently available. You can take a look in there and ask more detailed questions. They're really helpful and are very good about answering questions in general.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/486111874923502/
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 03:41:54 PM by Chinguetti »

Online oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #8144 on: June 04, 2018, 04:11:47 PM »
Why is the ground beef here so grisly?  It has hunks of nastiness in it and it stinks when fried.

Wow. I just did the math on this.... it would cost roughly 31,000 won for one pound of ground beef.  Ouch.  No wonder I never buy ground beef here.   :cry: :cry: :cry:

A pound is 454g making this about 6300 + postage a pound, this is possibly the cheapest beef I've seen in Korea (unless my maths is off)

Yeah. This is actually a pretty great deal.
It's also way better quality than my local butcher. I just buy a few packs at once and keep them in the freezer. If anyone has any links to other cheaper minced beef deals, feel free to post them...

Online sligo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8145 on: June 04, 2018, 07:35:12 PM »
http://www.coupang.com/vp/products/65077237?itemId=219906344&vendorItemId=3531184690&q=winix+hkd&itemsCount=36&searchId=be8d3374b5944557897310f2f559d44c&rank=0

I bought this one ( and a second for my inlaws for when my daughter is there).  It is designed for microdust.  What is more, it has a charcoal filter for smells, and both are washable, so you don't need to replace the filters and spend a small fortune once or twice a year.  It is the upgrade to the 5500-2 model, and that was recommended online in a few reviews as the best purifier for samll areas.  No app witg it, but the "plasmawave" means that the technology it uses emits no ozone or other harmfull stuff.

Is http://item2.gmarket.co.kr/English/detailview/item.aspx?goodscode=1404686520 the same as the one you listed on coupang? :o

That it be

Offline denimdaze

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8146 on: June 05, 2018, 07:37:13 AM »
I find out this morning that I'll have Open Class this Friday in my Afterschool Class, and there will be parents there.
We're off tomorrow, and I'm at my travel school Thursday.

I have a plan, but I wish I'd get more notice.  I guess I should be thankful I got told before Friday.  :rolleyes:

Offline sojuadventurer

• Super Waygook
« Reply #8147 on: June 05, 2018, 07:40:23 AM »

That's what I get for a quick glance instead of paying close attention. I just saw 100g next to the price.... I didn't see they list the price per 100g. Wow. So this is a great deal! I'll definitely be taking advantage of this! Thanks!!!! :-D

Online oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #8148 on: June 05, 2018, 07:51:35 AM »
That place has good stewing beef too.

로켓배송 has some good steaks you should check out

I basically buy all my meat online

Offline Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8149 on: June 05, 2018, 08:02:18 AM »

That it be

Cheers. I'll order it today. :D
I have money on my gmarket account already, and don't have a coupang account set up. So it'll be easier for me this way :)

Offline JVPrice

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8150 on: June 05, 2018, 08:40:48 AM »
I find out this morning that I'll have Open Class this Friday in my Afterschool Class, and there will be parents there.
We're off tomorrow, and I'm at my travel school Thursday.

I have a plan, but I wish I'd get more notice.  I guess I should be thankful I got told before Friday.  :rolleyes:

I'm more surprised they actually gave you more than a days notice!
The World Ends With You

Online oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #8151 on: June 05, 2018, 11:34:40 AM »
things that would make me not vote for you:

- illegally parking your 'voting' van
- blaring music really early or late at night. actually, blaring music any time
- singing
- dancing
- blocking the subway stairs while trying to hand me a leaflet
- spamming my phone with SMS messages
- cold calling me at all hours

Offline wherever dreaming goes

• Adventurer
« Reply #8152 on: June 05, 2018, 12:24:31 PM »
Another rant...  a new Co-T that never listens to anything i say and keeps saying "Ya -ya" after everythingand just focuses on getting his message across, anything i say after that he pays no attention to.  He assumes everything is a yes or no question, says his annoying "ya-ya" and then gives me a wide fcking smile afterward. When i wait for a proper response, he looks at me with a confused look making me repeat it.

Today I asked a simple question which was not a yes or no question, I know I spoke loudly, slowly and clearly 'cause even the kindergarten teacher with an extremely low level of English understood and responded and guess what i got from him? an answer that had absolutely nothing to do with what i asked!

On top of that, he has no idea what personal space is. Whenever he has to say anything to me, he has to come right up to my face and say it softly. He does this a lot during class where he's at the other end of the class and I have to patiently wait for him to walk around just to ask me a stupid question.  I lean away hoping he'll get the hint and reply loud enough for him to hear so he doesn't need to move closer, but he only asks me to repeat myself and then moves closer. 

URG he frustrates me so much!!!

He's a new co-T and i really want to form a good working relationship with him, but he's so damn annoying!!!

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #8153 on: June 05, 2018, 12:55:35 PM »
He's a new co-T and i really want to form a good working relationship with him, but he's so damn annoying!!!

Hit him with a rolled up newspaper.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

donovan

« Reply #8154 on: June 05, 2018, 01:02:16 PM »
Another rant...  a new Co-T that never listens to anything i say and keeps saying "Ya -ya" after everything and just focuses on getting his message across, anything i say after that he pays no attention to.  He assumes everything is a yes or no question, says his annoying "ya-ya" and then gives me a wide fcking smile afterward. When i wait for a proper response, he looks at me with a confused look making me repeat it.

There's a big different between ya-ya! and ye-ye. I hope you mean ye-ye. But yeah, sounds annoying~

Offline eujunseo

• Veteran
« Reply #8155 on: June 05, 2018, 10:00:05 PM »
Another rant...  a new Co-T that never listens to anything i say and keeps saying "Ya -ya" after everythingand just focuses on getting his message across, anything i say after that he pays no attention to.  He assumes everything is a yes or no question, says his annoying "ya-ya" and then gives me a wide fcking smile afterward. When i wait for a proper response, he looks at me with a confused look making me repeat it.

Today I asked a simple question which was not a yes or no question, I know I spoke loudly, slowly and clearly 'cause even the kindergarten teacher with an extremely low level of English understood and responded and guess what i got from him? an answer that had absolutely nothing to do with what i asked!

On top of that, he has no idea what personal space is. Whenever he has to say anything to me, he has to come right up to my face and say it softly. He does this a lot during class where he's at the other end of the class and I have to patiently wait for him to walk around just to ask me a stupid question.  I lean away hoping he'll get the hint and reply loud enough for him to hear so he doesn't need to move closer, but he only asks me to repeat myself and then moves closer. 

URG he frustrates me so much!!!

I'm surprised that your co-teacher is even allowed in school.

Online oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #8156 on: June 06, 2018, 06:04:50 PM »
anyone notice how much koreans love getting ripped off?

MIL just spent 3,000,000won on an small, uncomfortable sofa and low-quality wardrobe. absolutely insane

shopping around for mattresses few years back, the average price was about 3m - and they were basically rock-hard

duvet sets are 200k in my local bedding store (and terrible quality). err, what?

even when shopping for a donovan-ajeossi thsirt for my FIL, they seemed to be 100k+. it's literally a polo shirt. who buys this shit?*

*apart from donovan's wife

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #8157 on: June 06, 2018, 06:13:34 PM »
anyone notice how much koreans love getting ripped off?

MIL just spent 3,000,000won on an small, uncomfortable sofa and low-quality wardrobe. absolutely insane

shopping around for mattresses few years back, the average price was about 3m - and they were basically rock-hard

duvet sets are 200k in my local bedding store (and terrible quality). err, what?

even when shopping for a donovan-ajeossi thsirt for my FIL, they seemed to be 100k+. it's literally a polo shirt. who buys this shit?*

*apart from donovan's wife
Canadians brag about how little they paid for something; Koreans about how much they paid.

donovan

« Reply #8158 on: June 06, 2018, 07:08:58 PM »
I take issue with that, Oggie. My wife is a bargain shopper and definitely wouldn’t have bought that shirt if it wasn’t discounted to something more like 65k.

That said, my MIL and FIL must have spent at least a couple grand on their (literal) stone bed, and that’s after discount. Having broke the bank, MIL now prefers to sleep on the living room floor.

Online oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #8159 on: June 06, 2018, 07:41:37 PM »
Haha I was only joking. What is with those stone beds, anyway? Is there some 'benefit' from using them? Can't imagine it's for the comfort