October 19, 2018, 01:47:01 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 1122469 times)

Offline oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #7720 on: April 02, 2018, 10:19:08 AM »
she's some admin woman, not even a teacher who teaches in the same class. so i really don't get what her beef is. just a classic jobsworth

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #7721 on: April 02, 2018, 10:26:21 AM »
I think I'd end up leaving a pencil in different places around the classroom. Stick a smiley face on it, too.

Offline Mister Tim

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #7722 on: April 02, 2018, 11:43:29 AM »
Superglue a 500 Won coin to the floor.

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #7723 on: April 02, 2018, 12:46:58 PM »
Cut her handbrake cable.
Going away golfing excitedly venturing to somewhere unknown carefree knowing my youthful demeanour is craving ketchup.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #7724 on: April 02, 2018, 12:50:25 PM »
Leave a note on her desk.

아무도 너를 좋아하지 않아, 그들은 너를 그냥 용납해.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Offline robin_teacher

• Super Waygook
« Reply #7725 on: April 02, 2018, 01:20:29 PM »

Offline StillInKorea

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #7726 on: April 02, 2018, 01:22:05 PM »
Cut her handbrake cable.

That escalated.

Yeah, that really wouldn't be an appropriate thing to do to somebody's brake lines.

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #7727 on: April 02, 2018, 01:32:23 PM »
Cut her handbrake cable.

That escalated.

Yeah, that really wouldn't be an appropriate thing to do to somebody's brake lines.

Going away golfing excitedly venturing to somewhere unknown carefree knowing my youthful demeanour is craving ketchup.

Offline StillInKorea

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #7728 on: April 02, 2018, 01:43:24 PM »
Cut her handbrake cable.

That escalated.

(Attachment)

That still doesn't justify your suggestion of removing her oil drain plug.

Offline cracker

• Veteran
« Reply #7729 on: April 02, 2018, 01:51:13 PM »
it's true. i was trying to explain cultural stuff like this to a friend from the uk. he finally came to visit and before he left he did say "yeah...i get it now".

anyway, i figured it out. i met/was confronted by the woman who complained at the end of the day, turns out she's just an utter bitch. she was complaining again, this time that a single chair wasn't tucked in 1cm more, about non-existent dust on the floor, accusing me of changing the layout of the classroom (i didn't), yadda yadda.

well, i will out-petty her this year. being petty is what i do best ;)

'glitter class' for your final lesson  :smiley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3up0BqyKvi8

Offline JVPrice

• Super Waygook
« Reply #7730 on: April 02, 2018, 02:40:08 PM »
Co-Teachers: Why weren't you at the curling event in the gym today?

Me: Nobody told me?

*Sigh*
The World Ends With You

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #7731 on: April 02, 2018, 02:46:57 PM »

*Sigh*

Ugh. This happened a few months ago.

I go into the lunch room and there are 12 paintings along the wall. All portraits.

:-* (Spec ed teacher) Kevin, do you know which one I am?

:police: Yeah, that's you.

:-* Yeah. I painted it. Tell us who the other ones are!

:police: Alright, that's X, that one is Y, that's................Q?

:-* Yeah, very good.

:police: Thanks. haha. You painted all of these? They're pretty good.

:-* No............. all of us painted ourselves. (which would explain the vast discrepancy in art styles amongst the paintings haha) We all met last week after lunch in the extra classroom and had a self portrait lesson. You didn't come.....................

:police: Self portrait lesson?  :shocked:

:-* Oh.................................

:police: NO ONE BLOODY TELLS ME ANYTHING.

Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Offline JVPrice

• Super Waygook
« Reply #7732 on: April 02, 2018, 02:49:23 PM »

*Sigh*

Ugh. This happened a few months ago.

I go into the lunch room and there are 12 paintings along the wall. All portraits.

:-* (Spec ed teacher) Kevin, do you know which one I am?

:police: Yeah, that's you.

:-* Yeah. I painted it. Tell us who the other ones are!

:police: Alright, that's X, that one is Y, that's................Q?

:-* Yeah, very good.

:police: Thanks. haha. You painted all of these? They're pretty good.

:-* No............. all of us painted ourselves. (which would explain the vast discrepancy in art styles amongst the paintings haha) We all met last week after lunch in the extra classroom and had a self portrait lesson. You didn't come.....................

:police: Self portrait lesson?  :shocked:

:-* Oh.................................

:police: NO ONE BLOODY TELLS ME ANYTHING.

It sure is nice to feel included. ESPECIALLY when it's not something English related...
The World Ends With You

Offline Mister Tim

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #7733 on: April 02, 2018, 02:53:54 PM »
Got to the classroom for my 5th period class today, and there were no students in the room. Coteacher had no idea why, so she went to check with their homeroom teacher.

She gets back and tells me that due to some sort of anti-smoking education they had earlier, this class would be in their homeroom classroom rather than the usual English room.

Got to the classroom, started setting up my laptop (classrooms don't have their own computers at this school), and noticed the power outlet wasn't working. Naturally, my power cord wasn't long enough to reach any of the other ones. Had to just keep my fingers crossed I had enough juice left in my battery.

Opened the program for the textbook, and when I clicked "play" for the listening portion, it froze and became unresponsive. This happened three more times.

When the program eventually decided to work properly, the audio would only come through my computer speakers, not the TV it was connected to via HDMI. The TV wasn't showing up in the control panel under audio settings, so I had to completely reset my laptop.

I finally get everything set up properly and ready, and not one but two enormous wasps fly in through an open window. The windows at this school have screens, mind you, but nine times out of ten the students (and my coworkers, for that matter) don't bother to make sure the screens are shut when they open the windows. This was an all-girls middle school 2nd grade class, and apparently the presence of wasps is a pretty good way to make sure they all completely lose their minds.

I eventually managed to get through the textbook stuff and most of the supplementary stuff I had planned, which is good, but I think I have a few new grey hairs now.

Offline oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #7734 on: April 02, 2018, 02:59:45 PM »
I think I'd end up leaving a pencil in different places around the classroom. Stick a smiley face on it, too.
korean teacher: you left the classroom very messy on friday. the homeroom teacher was very angry
me: no i didn't
korean teacher: yes you did. there was an eraser on a student's table

this whole bullshit is so uniquely korean i can't even

Edit: for those interested I was asked if I could stay 15 minutes late because the teacher was busy but still wanted to "check" the room before I leave. Hmm I'll  pass thanks  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 04:18:55 PM by oglop »

Offline JVPrice

• Super Waygook
« Reply #7735 on: April 03, 2018, 11:43:17 AM »
Am I missing something, or do students not seem to every be prepared for class outside of having pencils. Few have notebooks, and even fewer have any scrap paper to write on.

I know this school system has its issues, but it says a lot when the ones who are supposed to be learning don't have much in way of supplies. Unless I'm missing something here?
The World Ends With You

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #7736 on: April 03, 2018, 11:49:38 AM »
korean teacher: you left the classroom very messy on friday. the homeroom teacher was very angry
me: no i didn't
korean teacher: yes you did. there was an eraser on a student's table

this whole bullshit is so uniquely korean i can't even

Edit: for those interested I was asked if I could stay 15 minutes late because the teacher was busy but still wanted to "check" the room before I leave. Hmm I'll  pass thanks  :rolleyes:

Buy a fake poo and put it somewhere that can be seen.

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Expert Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #7737 on: April 03, 2018, 11:50:37 AM »
Am I missing something, or do students not seem to every be prepared for class outside of having pencils. Few have notebooks, and even fewer have any scrap paper to write on.

I know this school system has its issues, but it says a lot when the ones who are supposed to be learning don't have much in way of supplies. Unless I'm missing something here?

It depends on their homeroom teacher and their grade.

Third and fourth graders rarely have notebooks, because writing is not a large part of their curriculum.

And other grades, if their homeroom teacher isn't a notebook person, then perhaps nobody has told them to go buy notebooks. And if their English teachers haven't required them to have notebooks, they won't bring notebooks.

But also, some kids are just unprepared and don't remember their stuff, so even if they are required, a lot will forget them.

Offline JVPrice

• Super Waygook
« Reply #7738 on: April 03, 2018, 11:56:18 AM »

Third and fourth graders rarely have notebooks, because writing is not a large part of their curriculum.

And other grades, if their homeroom teacher isn't a notebook person, then perhaps nobody has told them to go buy notebooks. And if their English teachers haven't required them to have notebooks, they won't bring notebooks.

But also, some kids are just unprepared and don't remember their stuff, so even if they are required, a lot will forget them.

I just don't get how they learn anything without taking notes. Then again, actual LEARNING doesn't seem to be the goal here...
The World Ends With You

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #7739 on: April 03, 2018, 12:12:40 PM »

I just don't get how they learn anything without taking notes. Then again, actual LEARNING doesn't seem to be the goal here...

I never took notes in school unless specifically asked.

I did alright.