May 27, 2018, 05:43:25 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 932880 times)

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #6740 on: September 07, 2017, 11:11:10 AM »
No idea how they function out in the "real" world.
Mate, you come across as one of the burn outs who has been here since the 1990s and has lost all concept (if you ever had it in the first place) of how normal people communicate. Your social awareness is trapped in suspended animation from 1992 or whenever it was you washed up here and then you wonder why everyone thinks you are a weirdo.

Honestly, out of all the anonymous posters on this site I think you are Aurata are the only 2 I wouldn't want to have a beer with. Even Martin would be a bit of laugh after a few pints.

*In before Pecan replys telling me he doesnt drink beer and it leads to rectal cancer and I'm irresponsible for blah blah
Thank you.

As I have mentioned to you before, I am not your "mate" and don't quite follow why you'd bother to take the time to write what you just did above.

THAT to me is weird, ok?

Your words merely help to prove my point.  You have this idea of what you think I am/who I am (which is tainted by your life experience and distorts reality).  More importantly, you believe that I would actually give two squirts about what some random stranger has to say with regards to critiquing my posts.

Are you seriously unable to grasp that zola?

With regards to how these sort of threads devolve, you may well believe that it is OK/normal to live like a complete slob in a home that you do not own.  I get that.

I simply pointed out that owners have legal rights, etc.

You can disagree until you are blue in the face, but you would be on the wrong side of the law.

The OP clarified that the post didn't apply to her, which in the "real" world would be the end of it.  However, posters from the "peanut gallery" start chiming in "wish pecan were dead" etc. :)

And here we are...

Why don't you and the other sensitive kids simply focus on creating/writing something with content, rather than trying to be waygook's version of the "fashion" police?

Can you recognize the difference?

Rant/vent on...

Offline zola

• The Legend
« Reply #6741 on: September 07, 2017, 11:15:36 AM »
Why don't you and the other sensitive kids simply focus on creating/writing something with content, rather than trying to be waygook's version of the "fashion" police?
I think most people would see you as a comedic oddity, if not for your nasty streak of wishing cancer on people, haranguing the dead etc.

Just answer this question, what year did you first come to Korea?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 11:18:12 AM by zola »
Kpip! - Martin 2018

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #6742 on: September 07, 2017, 11:18:38 AM »
If you're interested Korean medical insurance covers 90% of the cost of cancer treatment.
It's a bit more complicated than that.
NHS actually pays 95% of your treatment... so long as you're a registered cancer patient *and* an inpatient.
If you are receiving chemo as an outpatient, then NHS only pays 70%.

Luckily, there's a limit to the amount that you co-pay: if you pay more than 1.3 million a month on treatments, NHS will cover 50% of anything over that amount.
Source

NHS isn't perfect, but it sure beats paying everything out of pocket... something I unfortunately know about all too well.  :cry:

Online Aristocrat

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #6743 on: September 07, 2017, 11:29:11 AM »
Why must I get spammed with a thousand e-mails every time I order something online?
I get one to say I ordered something
I get another to thank me for the order
I get another to thank my cat
I get another to say that it will ship soon
I get another saying it has shipped
I get another asking to review my experience
I get another dozen from PayPal

I appreciate the safety mechanisms and all that but sometimes it's overdoing it.
It's hard as hell keeping my mailbox tidy.

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #6744 on: September 07, 2017, 11:30:27 AM »
if not for your nasty streak of wishing cancer on people...
That never happened :)

I started a thread about "fairy bread" as I had never heard of it, and yrj17 said:

"Thanks Pecan, you've just introduced a new method of poison into my life."

In a different thread we had been talking with cowboy about how sugar fuels cancer, so I replied:

"Get back to us when you get cancer."

If you are unable to grasp that the above wasn't "wishing cancer on people", I'm not sure any more words are going to help.

Buy a vowel ;)

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #6745 on: September 07, 2017, 11:36:35 AM »
I simply pointed out that owners have legal rights.

It's time for another round of "Kyndo or Pecan?"

Guess who wrote which response to sevenpm's recent rant!

I don't like nosy landlords. My landlord contacted my CT to tell her I was using a lot of hot water. So my CT asked if I had another person living with me or not...

Response (A)
Some rental agreements stipulate the number of tenants. Sometimes rental price is dependant on the number of tenants. Could be your landlord's way of asking whether or not he needs to be charging you more for rent.  :smiley:

Response (B)
You can be allowed a guest, but if your partner isn't on the lease and shacking up with you, that is a different matter.

Knowing Korea, I'm 100% certain that your landlord knows your partner is sleeping over and 100% certain that your landlord informed your CT that you often have overnight "guests".

Give your CT credit for being indirect about it and please take the hint she gave you.

Offline CJ

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6746 on: September 07, 2017, 11:37:08 AM »
I bought a nice little Seiko SKX from Jomashop, but the idiots hadn't even put any cushion in the box that the watch was in, so it was rattling around inside the box all the way from the US to the other side of the world.

I let 'em have it with the survey they offered about my purchasing and delivery experience.

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #6747 on: September 07, 2017, 11:44:41 AM »
I simply pointed out that owners have legal rights.

It's time for another round of "Kyndo or Pecan?"

Guess who wrote which response to sevenpm's recent rant!

I don't like nosy landlords. My landlord contacted my CT to tell her I was using a lot of hot water. So my CT asked if I had another person living with me or not...

Response (A)
Some rental agreements stipulate the number of tenants. Sometimes rental price is dependant on the number of tenants. Could be your landlord's way of asking whether or not he needs to be charging you more for rent.  :smiley:

Response (B)
You can be allowed a guest, but if your partner isn't on the lease and shacking up with you, that is a different matter.

Knowing Korea, I'm 100% certain that your landlord knows your partner is sleeping over and 100% certain that your landlord informed your CT that you often have overnight "guests".

Give your CT credit for being indirect about it and please take the hint she gave you.
We all get it...donny

I am a "caveman" and the rest of you are all master "wordsmiths" :)

Can't see the forest for the trees?

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #6748 on: September 07, 2017, 11:55:30 AM »
Are you trying to say that the "how" is more important than the "what'?

For your viewing pleasure: https://www.facebook.com/SBSAustralia/videos/505004486499929/

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #6749 on: September 07, 2017, 12:06:26 PM »
if not for your nasty streak of wishing cancer on people...
That never happened :)

I started a thread about "fairy bread" as I had never heard of it, and yrj17 said:

"Thanks Pecan, you've just introduced a new method of poison into my life."

In a different thread we had been talking with cowboy about how sugar fuels cancer, so I replied:

"Get back to us when you get cancer."

Waygook.org user Pecan, I've literally never said that sugar 'fuels cancer.'
Considering how some users have been twisting my words, you are being a bit overly pedantic, don't you think?

For the record, you said that it "contributes to cancer"...which is NOT the same thing as "fuels"? :)

I stand corrected.

Your post is an aside, as MY POINT remains true.

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #6750 on: September 07, 2017, 12:09:35 PM »
Well, I guess you did, as much as I "wished" cancer on others :)

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6751 on: September 07, 2017, 12:33:37 PM »
It's getting to the point where I feel like punching one of my COTs in the face when he gives the answer to simple games.

At my least favorite school, I always have a warmup. The kids almost never pay attention to the regular lesson, but for 5-10 minutes, I can hold all their attention. But once he's seen the warmup a few times, he starts giving out all the answers. Like, if the 1st graders can get it, I'm pretty sure the 2nd graders will have if you give them more than .2 seconds to answer a question. And of course, they stop trying because he's just going to give them the answer.

This is one of many reasons I just give up at this school and am just counting down the few weeks I have left.

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6752 on: September 07, 2017, 12:38:25 PM »
Rant: maybe certain arguments can not be had all over the ranting thread. Create a thread or inbox each other. It displeases me. I do not like being displeased. It is not the arguing thread, it's the ranting/venting thread. Make a pointless argument thread. That would be good. :laugh: :blank: :P

In other news I am being kicked out of my classroom now (they are having a meeting in here with parentals), with nowhere to go. So I am truly just standing in a hallway with bags of my shit for English Art class waiting for an opportunity to grab a classroom.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 12:39:59 PM by What?What? »
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #6753 on: September 07, 2017, 01:08:46 PM »
Waygook.org user Pecan, I've never implied, insinuated, or said anything relating sugar to cancer.
I think Pecan might be mistaken about who made the comment, but I definitely do remember a discussion a year or so ago about the link between sugar and cancer.

I remember kinda smiling to myself and thinking "idiots", but then decided to do a bit of googling and realising that the link wasn't as tenuous as I thought it would be. I then remember patting myself on the back for not posting my scepticism. God, I used to be such a smug ******.

Well... I still am, I guess, but I used to be too.  :smiley:

I'll post the link if I can find it.

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6754 on: September 07, 2017, 01:24:36 PM »
Rant: maybe certain arguments can not be had all over the ranting thread. Create a thread or inbox each other. It displeases me. I do not like being displeased. It is not the arguing thread, it's the ranting/venting thread. Make a pointless argument thread. That would be good. :laugh: :blank: :P

In other news I am being kicked out of my classroom now (they are having a meeting in here with parentals), with nowhere to go. So I am truly just standing in a hallway with bags of my shit for English Art class waiting for an opportunity to grab a classroom.

YES! Like an argument thread - no rules, always disagree, always debate. It would be like Battle Royale, who will survive? but no hard feelings held outside the thread.

I love having a good row sometimes. 

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6755 on: September 07, 2017, 01:31:54 PM »

YES! Like an argument thread - no rules, always disagree, always debate. It would be like Battle Royale, who will survive? but no hard feelings held outside the thread.

I love having a good row sometimes.

Why do I feel like that would turn into everyone versus a few users.  :laugh:

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Tangled Up In 주
« Reply #6756 on: September 07, 2017, 01:37:44 PM »

Bring em on. CO2 is the largest threat to thew planet, and I'll bring my cousin methane. I ain't scared of a few waygs.

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Super Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #6757 on: September 07, 2017, 01:38:16 PM »

Bring em on. CO2 is the largest threat to thew planet, and I'll bring my cousin methane. I ain't scared of a few waygs.

Get me a kebab.

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #6758 on: September 07, 2017, 01:41:02 PM »
Korean companies don't really get branding, do they?

This makes it difficult to determine if things are legit.

I just looked up an industrial automation software company one of my suppliers is using. The sales email address is @gmail.com.

Even my one-man-consultancy has a domain name.

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #6759 on: September 07, 2017, 01:43:34 PM »
Yes, kyndo, I'm more than likely mistaken about the user, but not about the thread.

Cowboy, I would ask for your understanding, I mean, I have nuts on here claiming that I said people deserved to die when I wrote "life is tragic"

Here are the progression of my EXACT comments in the thread of the couple who died:

How could the police know they were kissing?

The story just doesn't make sense/add up.

What?  People were watching them make out/kiss, and then didn't help them?

Who would admit to such a thing?

Could there have been foul play?

On another note, everyone handles death differently.

That said, if my wife and I were kissing at 2am on a rooftop and fell to our deaths, I'd hope our friends and family would all be able to share a laugh along with us.

Life is tragic, but...

More than a bit insensitive to speculate alcohol was involved.

How about waiting for the facts?

Some could just as easily speculate it was a "suicide" pact, which, like the alcohol card, has no basis in truth.

Eye witnesses, plural?

There was more than one person watching them make out/kiss at 2am?

Again, that simply sounds bizarre.

Can someone explain?

Are you trying to be a smart a$$?

They are dead, but you want to paint them as "drunk and foolish" without knowing the truth.

I could be misreading things, but it strikes me as more than a little inappropriate to accuse them of exercising poor judgement, when we don't know the facts and they can't defend themselves.

Users attacked the OP for the title, but what is being thrown around is far worse.

Another GFM...

I'm a broken record on this issue, but please get insurance.

Passing the hat is all well and good, but this is beyond ridiculous when we all know we are going to die.

Twinsauras, sorry, but I totally disagree with you.

When I traveled all around Europe at twenty-four, I didn't leave home without travel insurance.  Most don't.

What person in their right mind would?

It cost pennies a day.

Granted, we didn't have GFM back then, when the Internet was in its infancy.

I have no doubt that I am out of touch with you Millennials, but is paying pennies a day so others don't have to pander really that unrealistic?

When personal responsibility and the like are out, the hand soon follows.

That said, it's wonderful to see CBHL coming together and kicking in.

I hope they require/provide all of their members supplemental insurance for their league, as most of their injuries aren't going to be covered by the national plan here.

Twin,

I get it, which is why I said it was great CBHL are coming together.

Not sure if you are being daft or what regarding insurance, but you get the insurance you need.

If you are an expat foreign resident, guess what?  You can get insurance for that and it's pennies a day.

If you play rugby, while working here, you'd be an absolute fool to not get additional coverage for your recreation.

I'm advocating for people to protect themselves, and you think it's a stretch?

Is bareback back in?

I know, right?

The nerve of that guy to advocate for people to get supplemental insurance for less than 1,000 KRW per day.

You'd think he gets a commission from the insurance companies by how often he mentions it.

Pecan=no class.

Internet forums are filled with people with "tact"...

Regardless, it doesn't change the facts.

Quote from: Pecan on May 09, 2016, 10:09:49 PM
More than a bit insensitive to speculate alcohol was involved.

How about waiting for the facts?
Odd, some nut is concerned with others being insensitive, and then gets accused as having no class.

Whatever.

I'll bite.

Yes, apparently so.

Nothing is going to bring those folks back.  I feel for the loss for their family and friends.

Like it or not, life goes on.

For those that are here today, I hope their untimely deaths can serve as a reminder of how fragile life is.

If you don't want to get insured, then don't, but hopefully some will "get it".

Personal responsibility isn't for everyone.

That's excellent!

Thanks for sharing.

plan b,

Have you always been this lacking in self-awareness?

Show some class and use some tact.

As it stands, this is all a complete derail of the point of the post, but it CLEARLY shows that I said nothing remotely resembling what has been thrown around.

Millennials and their revisionist history...

I agree with What?What?

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/