December 12, 2017, 06:31:26 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 595636 times)

Offline kobayashi

• Expert Waygook
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #6660 on: August 10, 2017, 11:02:50 PM »
I wonder if she also flips out when she sees non-Koreans use chopsticks!

this reminded me of this excellent article: http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/opinion/2017/02/626_194257.html

Online denimdaze

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6661 on: August 14, 2017, 01:12:26 PM »
I come back from lunch and find bleach spots on my t-shirt and pants.  I'm not sure if it's from the school bathroom where the kids cleaned or the restaurant I ate at. It just makes me mad that this is a shirt and a pair of pants ruined!!!!

>:(

gidget

« Reply #6662 on: August 15, 2017, 01:57:28 PM »
Today I'm angry with myself.

1 .Had a short conversation with a charming person (who will remain genderless) who started by listing their qualifications and saying they were more qualified than any NETs in Korea and how good they were at their job and how NETs weren't really needed in their classroom. What they missed about the NETs was getting all the creative lesson plans and speaking lessons the NET did.

I SWEAR people don't think before they speak to me.

I didn't say anything. I just stared at her. I can't help feeling I should've said something. I don't know what, I'm still trying to figure that out but I should've said something.

2. A CT and I were talking about stupid things we'd done in our childhoods and I told my CT something stupid I did as a kid (touched dry-ice) that she told the students in her class as a warning of why-you-should't-do-this. She didn't ask me if she could say anything. She just just told her class and everyone else she met. I found out when the kids came to tell me that my CT had told them, "I did something stupid." (Which is true but besides the point)

I'm so angry because I didn't stop to think about the cardinal rule: don't give out any personal information. I didn't confront her afterwards either. She's a nice person but I should've said something.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
« Reply #6663 on: August 15, 2017, 03:45:57 PM »
Went on a fifth date to play some badminton. All the nets were taken so we decided to play on the stonework that was next to the courts. Bad idea.

I didn't think about how uneven it is. I jumped too high to get the birdie and landed on my right foot.

CCRRRAAACCCKKKKKK

:police: Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

:-* OMG, Kevin! Are you ok?

:police: Jesus. Yeah, I've done this before. This one is 10% of that.

:-* Kevin, you are so passionate about what you do.

:police:  :afro: Thanks.

So I've been homebound since Sunday evening............... TBC

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
  • 인생 뭐있냐?
« Reply #6664 on: August 15, 2017, 03:50:33 PM »

Had a short conversation with a charming person (who will remain genderless) who started by listing their qualifications and saying they were more qualified than any NETs in Korea

I didn't say anything. I just stared at her.

Don't worry, I'm sure the person's gender will remain forever unknown, kudos!  :undecided:

Nyway, as for ranting, well, I'm obvs bored. Had a good summer but vaca is almost done and she rains, oh how she rains! ugh :rolleyes:

I'm not in the swimming pool called Seoul but it's still enough to keep me inside and day drinking... Yay!

Online grey

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Cya West Japan aka Baby China
« Reply #6665 on: August 15, 2017, 05:18:35 PM »

Had a short conversation with a charming person (who will remain genderless) who started by listing their qualifications and saying they were more qualified than any NETs in Korea

Don't worry, I'm sure the person's gender will remain forever unknown, kudos!  :undecided:

Nyway, as for ranting, well, I'm obvs bored. Had a good summer but vaca is almost done and she rains, oh how she rains! ugh :rolleyes:

I'm not in the swimming pool called Seoul but it's still enough to keep me inside and day drinking... Yay!

I found the leaker!

Ko fills half his luggage with instant noodles for his international business travels, a lesson he learned after assuming on his first trip that three packages would suffice for six days. “Man, was I wrong. Since then, I always make sure I pack enough.”
-AP

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #6666 on: August 16, 2017, 06:45:02 AM »
1 .Had a short conversation with a charming person (who will remain genderless)

I'm curious why her gender deserves (or doesn't deserve?) mentioning here...?

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6667 on: August 16, 2017, 07:50:14 AM »
First day back, and I have to teach 4 out of 5 periods as opposed to the 2 I was expecting.

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
  • 인생 뭐있냐?
« Reply #6668 on: August 16, 2017, 08:28:13 AM »
Had a nice two week vacation in the states where servers never questioned my ability to consume without complaint the dish I had ordered, but then on the flight home...

Non-Korean Flight attendant: Would you like the beef bibimbap or the chicken pasta?

Me: I'll have the bibimbap

N-K FA: Here you go!

Me: eating quietly  :azn:

Korean FA: sees me eating happily ISN"T THAT TOO SPICY FOR YOU??   :shocked: :shocked:

Me:

I know it shouldn't make me rage so hard but that and the "oooohhh, you can use chopsticks so good!" nonsense are basically the only comments that really grate on my nerves here, plus it was a real nice reminder that vaca was over and I was heading back to the 대한민국! :undecided:

Online oglop

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6669 on: August 16, 2017, 09:00:58 AM »

last night i had a conversation with my wife (who will remain genderless) about what she should buy her mum (who will remain genderless) for chuseok (who will remain genderless)

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #6670 on: August 16, 2017, 10:30:54 AM »

last night i had a conversation with my wife (who will remain genderless) about what she should buy her mum (who will remain genderless) for chuseok (who will remain genderless)

Might I* suggest a gender-neutral 리챔 gift set?

*Who is ALL man, trust me!

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬

gidget

« Reply #6672 on: August 16, 2017, 12:23:55 PM »

ARGH! DAGNABIT!

On the other hand at least I got a sobbing laugh out of today.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #6673 on: August 16, 2017, 01:05:17 PM »

Might I* suggest a gender-neutral 리챔 gift set?

*Who is ALL man, trust me!

I recommend the genderless spam gift set. 

Offline CJ

• Veteran
« Reply #6674 on: August 16, 2017, 01:16:17 PM »
What's the deal with all of these little fruit flies? They swarm all over my garbage and come into the main room. I've blocked off the finger holes on the mesh screens, I put all organic rubbish in the freezer before I throw it out and I've sprayed the hell out of them yet they're still there the little f&$@*&s!!!

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #6675 on: August 16, 2017, 01:20:35 PM »
I recommend the genderless spam gift set.

Showoff with your foreign imports. You probably even eat it with utensils :rolleyes:.

I'm *THIS CLOSE* to specifying your gender!

Online denimdaze

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6676 on: August 16, 2017, 01:30:09 PM »
First class of the semester, and the electrical outlets are turned off in the classroom because of a renovation on the same floor.

Computer battery dies, so I can't even use my ppt - which the kids can't see- for reference.

This is a free-semester lesson, not a textbook lesson. 

Just makes me want to scream.

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6677 on: August 16, 2017, 01:35:03 PM »
What's the deal with all of these little fruit flies? They swarm all over my garbage and come into the main room. I've blocked off the finger holes on the mesh screens, I put all organic rubbish in the freezer before I throw it out and I've sprayed the hell out of them yet they're still there the little f&$@*&s!!!

I've been having the same problem. I have to take my trash out way more often than I did during the winter because if I leave a rinsed off meat package in there, there will be fruit fly swarm by the next day.

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #6678 on: August 16, 2017, 02:36:13 PM »

I've been having the same problem. I have to take my trash out way more often than I did during the winter because if I leave a rinsed off meat package in there, there will be fruit fly swarm by the next day.
Yeah. They're impossible to keep out: their larvae come in via the veggies and fruit that you bring in.
Best way to resolve this issue is to toss out your food rubbish every day, and to store it in your freezer until you do.

(Dont tell #basedcowboyshirt, but I'm gonna make that official life tip # 14!)

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6679 on: August 16, 2017, 02:50:30 PM »

Yeah. They're impossible to keep out: their larvae come in via the veggies and fruit that you bring in.
Best way to resolve this issue is to toss out your food rubbish every day, and to store it in your freezer until you do.

(Dont tell #basedcowboyshirt, but I'm gonna make that official life tip # 14!)

I don't even leave fruit or vegetables in my apartment anymore. I miss seedless grapes  :-[