June 18, 2018, 11:52:39 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 993808 times)

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Tangled Up In 주
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #5840 on: June 28, 2017, 11:06:03 AM »
My Co-Teacher is giving the grade 5 class all the answers and prompts for the open class that we will have after lunch.

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5841 on: June 28, 2017, 11:21:13 AM »
Last week, I had my students write a little skit from dialog I provided them. I encouraged them to be creative and write down their lines so they don't remember. Came into class today and started handing back scripts, and it turns out the students are not sitting with the same people. Instead of everyone going back to their groups, my COT just says to give them a random script to perform.

WTF. That defeats the whole purpose of them working together last week to come up with lines.

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #5842 on: June 28, 2017, 11:54:29 AM »
Eating that cereal this morning instead of last night's leftover steak was a mistake. I'm so hungry that I feel like I could resort to cannibalism right now.

Why did I do it?  :cry:
PSA: What you are feeling is NOT hunger.  What you are feeling is sugar withdrawals.

Not semantics, but it is a physiological/chemical/??? difference with what is actually happening in your body.

True hunger takes weeks to kick in and it happens in your throat, not your stomach.

This is it. This is the most Pecan post ever made by Waygook.org user Pecan.

I'm so #blessed that I was able to see it.
Not sure what that even means, but thanks, I guess ;)

Online lifeisgood6447

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5843 on: June 28, 2017, 12:07:28 PM »
Eating that cereal this morning instead of last night's leftover steak was a mistake. I'm so hungry that I feel like I could resort to cannibalism right now.

PSA: What you are feeling is NOT hunger.  What you are feeling is sugar withdrawals.

Not semantics, but it is a physiological/chemical/??? difference with what is actually happening in your body.

True hunger takes weeks to kick in and it happens in your throat, not your stomach.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: We shall all share a moment of silence  :lipsrsealed:

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5844 on: June 28, 2017, 12:08:30 PM »
I can't even believe the schooling system here sometimes. Working at a high school, in charge of my own grades and all that. One student came up to me to try and change his failing grade... for all 6 semesters of his high school career. The previous teacher failed him because he never showed up to class, I failed him for 2 years because he never showed up to class. He brought his friend to talk to me to ask for passing grades. I tell him he has to do some work, like anyone else that fails. I start giving him his assignments, one small task for every semester, and he starts complaining that it's too hard and please teacher-ing me. HE THEN TRIES TO BRIBE ME.

"But teacher I have a lot of money..."

This kid is going places, really. No sarcasm.
Yeah, probably so.  :rolleyes: Makes me wonder if he will just get a classmate to do the assignments for him (probably).
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 12:14:43 PM by HaLo3 »

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #5845 on: June 28, 2017, 12:52:51 PM »
Am I the only one whose school shuts all the windows and doors when turning on the AC?  It's like an icebox in here.  I had to go get a jacket. 

Offline meepmoopimmarobots

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5846 on: June 28, 2017, 01:02:13 PM »

PSA: You're not overly bright.

Offline wanderlust8

• Veteran
« Reply #5847 on: June 28, 2017, 01:06:07 PM »
Am I the only one whose school shuts all the windows and doors when turning on the AC?  It's like an icebox in here.  I had to go get a jacket.

My schools do the same. Class is paused so that the students can close the windows. I prefer the cold over the heat though so I don't mind it freezing in the rooms. 

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #5848 on: June 28, 2017, 01:13:27 PM »
Not sure this belongs in the rant thread, but I feel really sick about what just happened right outside our school...

Domino's driver, I think he's dead.

The thing is/ he was "wearing" his helmet, but he wasn't "wearing" his helmet.

I see it too often.

They put it on, but they don't strap it/"clip" the strap!!!  Why?

Is it just law to put the helmet on, but you don't have to fasten it?

How in the heck is the helmet going to protect you without it being strapped on?

Your chances of survival are pretty low to begin with, but you are pretty much guaranteed to be a vegetable, if you happen to survive, as that helmet is going to go flying off, as it did to the poor Domino's kid.

Online What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5849 on: June 28, 2017, 01:14:50 PM »

Not sure what that even means, but thanks, I guess ;)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Whoosh

I tried to comment earlier, but I couldn't. It was truly bizarre. My waygook, open in chrome, told me I had been banned, and yet I could login on my phone and on IE. Had to clear all history for today on my chrome before it worked again. For a short time there though, I was completely panic stricken.

People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #5850 on: June 28, 2017, 01:15:06 PM »

My schools do the same. Class is paused so that the students can close the windows. I prefer the cold over the heat though so I don't mind it freezing in the rooms.

I always think I prefer the cold over heat until it feels like a freezer, hahah.  Still though, I'd rather bundle up than be sweating buckets!

Online kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #5851 on: June 28, 2017, 01:36:17 PM »
I see it too often.
How in the heck is the helmet going to protect you without it being strapped on?
Your chances of survival are pretty low to begin with, but you are pretty much guaranteed to be a vegetable, if you happen to survive, as that helmet is going to go flying off, as it did to the poor Domino's kid.
I feel for them as individuals, but as a group, I have lost all sympathy towards scooter drivers. It's not an accident when you actually try to get yourself killed: they compete to break every single possible traffic law, are a hazard to motorists and pedestrians both, and still manage to routinely deliver my haejang-guk to the wrong address.  >:(

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #5852 on: June 28, 2017, 01:47:44 PM »

PSA: You're not overly bright.
You poor, insecure thing...

Coming from you, I'll take that as a compliment :)

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5853 on: June 28, 2017, 01:52:10 PM »
I see it too often.
I feel for them as individuals, but as a group, I have lost all sympathy towards scooter drivers. It's not an accident when you actually try to get yourself killed: they compete to break every single possible traffic law, are a hazard to motorists and pedestrians both, and still manage to routinely deliver my haejang-guk to the wrong address.  >:(

Reminds me of the question:

Two Korean scooter drivers are involved in a head-on collision. One is delivering fried chicken. The other is delivering pizza. Which one would you put in the body bag first?

Online kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #5854 on: June 28, 2017, 02:04:22 PM »
Reminds me of the question:

Two Korean scooter drivers are involved in a head-on collision. One is delivering fried chicken. The other is delivering pizza. Which one would you put in the body bag first?
Depends. Is it a super-deluxe-combo pizza, or just a plain cheese pizza?

Also, I would probably jam the guy who is still conscious enough to try and escape in first so that the second guy blocks access to the zipper etc.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #5855 on: June 28, 2017, 02:28:05 PM »
I see it too often.

I understand your frustration, and I'm sorry that you had to bear witness to something so tragic. Helmets really define the line between life and death in so many cases, no idea why people don't take them more seriously.

I wouldn't want to be the person to inform that poor boy's family.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Tangled Up In 주
« Reply #5856 on: June 28, 2017, 02:30:36 PM »
This is my head 5 years and two days ago.

Wear a fukking helmet, I beg of you.

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5857 on: June 28, 2017, 02:43:14 PM »
My Co-Teacher is giving the grade 5 class all the answers and prompts for the open class that we will have after lunch.
Last year my coteacher was so nervous about open class that she rehearsed the entire lesson the day before, so the open class was just a performance.

Also helmet safety is no joke. I want to feel sorry for the people that get injured in motorcycle wrecks, but honestly it's kind of a struggle. What do they think is going to happen when their head slams into the ground going so fast?

Offline mrc45

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5858 on: June 28, 2017, 05:03:31 PM »
This is my head 5 years and two days ago.

Wear a fukking helmet, I beg of you.

My father was an amateur cyclist and had a pretty bad accident a few years back thanks to some jackass who turned suddenly in a race without any indication. He's only here today thanks to his helmet. People, put your helmets on, wear your seatbelts, and take other safety precautions, because in the end, if you won't do it for yourself, do it for your loved ones.

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #5859 on: June 28, 2017, 05:16:21 PM »
Sorry I wasn't more clear.

He, like most, was "wearing" his helmet...but, it wasn't fastened around his chin, so it flew off his head, which didn't do him much good.

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/