November 19, 2018, 01:48:45 PM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 1168769 times)

donovan

Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #5480 on: June 07, 2017, 11:30:40 AM »
I hate being out in Korea on rainy days. Having to slalom my way past the masses who have an umbrella in one hand and a smartphone in the other, not looking where they're going or whose coming their way. Idiots!

Rain be damned.  Still biked it today.

My pet peeve is when I'm standing on the sidewalk and get splashed by cars speeding past.  >:(

I'd be more than peeved by that.

close your mouth when you chew you gawdam savage.

Now that's a peeve.

I was the token NES...
i dont believe this happened

It is improbably precise

Either I'm Jeff Goldblum, staring at a monumental pile of BS, or...

The most obscure reference I've ever seen. Oi vey.

When you feel a pebble in your shoe and you keep taking it off to find the bugger but never can and it turns out the damn thing was in your sock the whole time and how in the **** did it get in there?

The ones in your sock are not nearly as bad as the ones that get in your eye imho
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 11:33:49 AM by donovan »

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #5481 on: June 07, 2017, 11:38:32 AM »

This is a very timely reference. Hey hey.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

donovan

« Reply #5482 on: June 07, 2017, 12:05:37 PM »

Thank you, Based God~

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5483 on: June 07, 2017, 12:27:45 PM »
I don't know why, but every time I'm supposed to have a meeting with the principal, I start to get so nervous I feel sick. Even though I KNOW it's nothing bad, it still happens. I guess it goes back to my teachers pet days and the principal meetings automatically meant something wrong was up.

Online kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #5484 on: June 07, 2017, 12:36:32 PM »
I don't know why, but every time I'm supposed to have a meeting with the principal, I start to get so nervous I feel sick. Even though I KNOW it's nothing bad, it still happens. I guess it goes back to my teachers pet days and the principal meetings automatically meant something wrong was up.
I practically lived in my principal's office. Mostly for talking in class too much. Was constantly told how it would mess up my life.
Joke's on him though! Guess what I'm getting paid buckets full of money for, Mr. Strukoff!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 12:43:11 PM by kyndo »

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #5485 on: June 07, 2017, 12:51:42 PM »
Lol a former student of mine was definitely the best at English in his class but he was also the worst behaved.  Mostly I think he was bored/hormonal (same class as a student who couldn't read English at all... so... ) so I tried my best to balance things and keep him engaged but he was still kind of a butt. 

Is it just my classes, or do the boys always seem way moodier than the girls?  (mostly middle school but also some elementary as well)

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5486 on: June 07, 2017, 01:00:46 PM »
Lol a former student of mine was definitely the best at English in his class but he was also the worst behaved.  Mostly I think he was bored/hormonal (same class as a student who couldn't read English at all... so... ) so I tried my best to balance things and keep him engaged but he was still kind of a butt. 

Is it just my classes, or do the boys always seem way moodier than the girls?  (mostly middle school but also some elementary as well)

It's not just you, the boys are moodier in different ways tho. If they're bored or angry I find they just shut down completely. They just decide to give up immediately. It's either "i assume I know this, thus I don't need to pay attention" or "I'm too angry that Jinsu has a cooler spinner than me so I need to let everyone know I'm angry by giving everyone the silent treatment.
The girls on the other hand shut down by weeping until they get attention from their friends. But I haven't had nearly as many girls do that.

Online Aristocrat

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5487 on: June 07, 2017, 01:03:28 PM »

Online kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #5488 on: June 07, 2017, 01:06:56 PM »

Well, there it is.

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5489 on: June 07, 2017, 01:35:12 PM »
Some people have earned being, "Hero of Waygookistan" but I do feel there are those that carry this title when they are more "Gobshite of Waygookistan".

People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

donovan

« Reply #5490 on: June 07, 2017, 01:53:56 PM »
(Based God, please tell me he's not talking about me. :cry: :cry:)

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #5491 on: June 07, 2017, 01:57:35 PM »

It's not just you, the boys are moodier in different ways tho. If they're bored or angry I find they just shut down completely. They just decide to give up immediately. It's either "i assume I know this, thus I don't need to pay attention" or "I'm too angry that Jinsu has a cooler spinner than me so I need to let everyone know I'm angry by giving everyone the silent treatment.
The girls on the other hand shut down by weeping until they get attention from their friends. But I haven't had nearly as many girls do that.

I find it interesting how some of the biggest bullies in my classes are also the biggest try-hard nerds. It's rarely the athletic kids who pick on others at my schools. It's the kids who are middle-class and above average academically who who constantly make fun of the kids who are less academically inclined.

The nerds are the rockstars in this culture.

"Getting a job at Samsung Electronics" is the life they all dream of.

donovan

« Reply #5492 on: June 07, 2017, 02:04:14 PM »
In a way, if you're going to have bullies, wouldn't you rather they earn that status for their academic, rather than physical, prowess.

Revenge of the Nerds, anyone?

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #5493 on: June 07, 2017, 02:22:41 PM »
Interestingly enough, my butthead student was not only the best at English, but he was also the best athlete in school (till he graduated). Lol

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5494 on: June 07, 2017, 03:03:25 PM »

Nah, I don't think I would have an itching urge to backhand you if I met you.  :laugh: :laugh:

The Gobshites very seldom post on this thread actually. They prefer to post out there in the other threads where they can troll fresh, young naive meat.
-A.A. Milne

donovan

« Reply #5495 on: June 07, 2017, 03:30:26 PM »

Nah, I don't think I would have an itching urge to backhand you if I met you.  :laugh: :laugh:

I dunno. You might. You haven't seen my smile.

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5496 on: June 07, 2017, 03:46:55 PM »
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
-A.A. Milne

Online Skyehawks

• Featured Contributor
  • Veteran
« Reply #5497 on: June 08, 2017, 08:03:55 AM »
Yesterday all my classes cancelled. Normally that would go on the happy sh!t megathread i know. But why were they cancelled? Because some students went to a sports day thing somewhere else. The kicker.... 3 of my 4 classes yesterday were grade 4. And no grade 4 students went to the sports thing.

So now I am wondering if there is another reason behind class being cancelled. As normally most teachers send their students to me regardless of if my coteacher is here or not.

Offline Lurch

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5498 on: June 08, 2017, 08:51:01 AM »
Why is it whenever one of my classes is canceled for whatever reason, it gets re-scheduled? I've got classes pushed back to two weeks from now. Aren't the students instead missing those classes they would have during the re-scheduled times? Is my class that important? Is having a little time off for homeroom teachers (because lets face it, they never come to my class) more important?

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5499 on: June 08, 2017, 10:34:57 AM »
How can the fact that the door will slam when the windows are open still come as a shock to the people in my office?