December 17, 2018, 12:34:19 PM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 1225651 times)

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #4520 on: April 05, 2017, 12:40:50 PM »
I'd let Chinguetti Ajumma Smash me.

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Are you sure about that, it sounds like a pretty unpleasant experience for you. xD

But okay, if that's what you're into...

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #4521 on: April 05, 2017, 12:44:47 PM »
I'd let Chinguetti Ajumma Smash me.

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Are you sure about that, it sounds like a pretty unpleasant experience for you. xD

But okay, if that's what you're into...

Never was a fan of musicals....
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #4522 on: April 05, 2017, 12:54:06 PM »
Was it you who started this justifying bad behavior? Honestly I didn't double check names so I may have been overly harsh on someone else.

Yeah, that's me, probably.

Remember, kids! Check your usernames!

Offline kobayashi

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4523 on: April 05, 2017, 12:55:34 PM »
Yeah that was pretty bad. From now on it's only gonna be "Coke" for me. Do you have Coke?  ;D

an oldy but a goodie. this edit of it is really good

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #4524 on: April 05, 2017, 01:01:44 PM »

Here's an alternative to the Korean teacher. This one sounds Chinese, despite the title.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #4525 on: April 05, 2017, 01:04:54 PM »
"Ah Snap! Something went wrong while displaying this webpage."

Try some of these steps if you're still having issues with that error:

http://www.ghacks.net/2013/05/23/how-to-fix-google-chromes-aw-snap-error-message-when-loading-websites/

Offline elsbethm

• Veteran
« Reply #4526 on: April 05, 2017, 01:29:05 PM »

Been having the same problem all day, as have other people in my town.  Is it possible for the schools to block a whole browser?
Firefox is still working, though!

Offline Conner42

• Veteran
« Reply #4527 on: April 05, 2017, 01:47:13 PM »
Well, let me try to add to this discussion about casual sex and relationships and whatnot.

I think there's an underlying issue that's not being addressed because we're arguing with individual attitudes and we have to explain why it's not okay to behave a certain way in situations. Because, god damn, I don't know if it's good or bad that I feel empathy for a lot of these guys. I remember being bullied and attacked over these kinds of things and how some people made me feel gross and unwanted in almost every conceivable way.

This shit haunts you for the rest of your life.

I hate it that there's something that makes some guys feel like losers because they can't "get any." Though, I don't want to say it's just guys, I know that there are probably a lot of girls who get shamed over the same kinds of things too. Maybe there are differences...I'm not sure, but I think the same principle still applies.

How does it feel to be one of the beautiful people?

I think people getting mad because they can't get laid or even just not being able to have a relationship is more of a symptom of how are society is working. Maybe if we can look at it from that perspective, we can have a half way decent answer to this.
Remember: KEU-RAY-EUN-POP

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4528 on: April 05, 2017, 02:04:44 PM »
I hate it that there's something that makes some guys feel like losers because they can't "get any." Though, I don't want to say it's just guys, I know that there are probably a lot of girls who get shamed over the same kinds of things too. Maybe there are differences...I'm not sure, but I think the same principle still applies.

Generally males have been/are encouraged to "get laid" and "become a man" whereas generally females have been/are shamed for losing their virginity [before marriage].  Though this is changing somewhat these days. 

As if having sex somehow makes you become a mature adult. 

Anyway, at some point you have to learn to stand on your personal ideals rather than seeking for mainstream society's approval.  Perhaps I've just been fortunate but the people I grew up/chose to hang out with didn't shame each other for such a thing as silly as whether or not you've had sex or how often or whatever.  I like to think that the majority of people are not douchetards who bully each other for any random reason.  Other than an occasional prick, I feel as though most people I grew up with were pretty mild mannered. 

If you want sex and/or a relationship, fine, I get that.  But the moment anyone starts to view their desire as more important than another's right to decline said desire is very problematic.  It's normal to want such things-- just don't feel as if you are entitled. 

(I'm just speaking general thoughts based on your comment and not personally directing any of this at you, fyi.)

EDIT:  Also, if this has become such a big thing in one's life then maybe one is in need of more hobbies and ways to find personal fulfillment/betterment other than seeking to score. 
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 02:10:31 PM by yirj17 »

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #4529 on: April 05, 2017, 02:17:46 PM »
Has anyone in this debate ever said at any stage that it was OK to continue pestering/grabbing a woman  after she's turned you down? if they did I can't remember. The original issue I seem to remember was about propositioning someone for sex. I assumed if the woman in question said no, you'd move on to the next one. I've never tried this myself but I guess the idea behind it is to cut to the chase. Getting the nod to buy her a drink, have a dance, go back to yours etc...still might ultimately come to nothing so you try to save yourself the bother of going though those stages.

I made a comment about 'hitting' on women with boyfriends but I didn't actually mean in the stranger in a night club type scenario. I was thinking of the type of situation when you try it on with someone you already know, they tell you they have a boyfriend but keep giving off signals/flirting so you have another go.

Offline Lurch

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4530 on: April 05, 2017, 02:43:31 PM »
Dance practice next to my classroom. For the past hour now: "NONG NONG NONG NONG NONG ON MA DOE NONG NONG NONG NONG NONG ON MAH DOE" over and over and over and over and over. I'm losing my mind!

Offline toddingumi

• Veteran
« Reply #4531 on: April 05, 2017, 03:19:43 PM »

Try some of these steps if you're still having issues with that error:

http://www.ghacks.net/2013/05/23/how-to-fix-google-chromes-aw-snap-error-message-when-loading-websites/

Thanks for the link, but still no luck

Offline turningsteel

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4532 on: April 05, 2017, 03:49:38 PM »
Let me just boil down this whole argument:

Situation 1:
"Hey you're pretty cool, wanna come back to mine?"

"No, I'm not interested like that."

*Man walks away.*

Conversely, "Yes, that sounds great. Let's go to your place." Two consenting adults and all that...

There is nothing wrong with this interaction. The man isn't a scuzz, or a loser.

Situation 2:
"Hey wanna get sum fuk?"

This is wrong. If men have approached you like this, I understand your anger, that's not what I was saying I understand about.

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4533 on: April 05, 2017, 04:14:16 PM »
Ok so I am actually looking for some guidance and clarity. I have a school that is insisting that they need my stamp. I have advised that I dont have a stamp, and I have been told that I must get one., because everyone has a stamp and that my signature just isn't enough. I have been here 3 years and this is a first for me. But before I argue, I just want to know if there is something I am missing, perhaps I truly am being the ignorant foreigner.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #4534 on: April 05, 2017, 05:36:15 PM »
Ok so I am actually looking for some guidance and clarity. I have a school that is insisting that they need my stamp. I have advised that I dont have a stamp, and I have been told that I must get one., because everyone has a stamp and that my signature just isn't enough. I have been here 3 years and this is a first for me. But before I argue, I just want to know if there is something I am missing, perhaps I truly am being the ignorant foreigner.
That is pretty funny.

20+ years ago, I was told I needed one.  It's nonsense.

Because I used it then, the bank still requires the same stamp today...

Don't don't do it.

Offline StillInKorea

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4535 on: April 05, 2017, 05:49:34 PM »

You can stick your thumb in the ink and use your fingerprint instead.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #4536 on: April 06, 2017, 07:52:28 AM »

This is accurate. I did this years ago when signing my first housing contract.

Or you could just go buy a stamp. They're like 5,000-20,000 won. They're dirt cheap.

I asked to use my stamp and they said no. hahahaa

Offline gprinziv

• Adventurer
« Reply #4537 on: April 06, 2017, 07:59:27 AM »
My anxiety is so bad today I wasn't able to plan the second half of my elementary 3/4 double-lesson.

Getting real sick of this shit.

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4538 on: April 06, 2017, 08:03:42 AM »

This is accurate. I did this years ago when signing my first housing contract.

Or you could just go buy a stamp. They're like 5,000-20,000 won. They're dirt cheap.

I asked to use my stamp and they said no. hahahaa

You see this confuses me, it's a dirt cheap stamp that anyone can get and I assume replicate, so how is this more official than my scrawl signature which cannot be replicated unless you are a skilled forger?

I'm gonna listen to Pecan here and just not get one.  Thanks everyone.

On a side note though - if they are that cheap I might get a bunch made up as gifts for when I go home.
-A.A. Milne

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4539 on: April 06, 2017, 08:11:14 AM »
My anxiety is so bad today I wasn't able to plan the second half of my elementary 3/4 double-lesson.

Getting real sick of this shit.

I am so sorry to hear this. I can relate.
-A.A. Milne