May 22, 2018, 01:04:29 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 919771 times)

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #4440 on: March 30, 2017, 03:40:33 PM »
I need my bed and a whisky.

This is also my go-to solution.

Offline hiragardless

• Waygookin
« Reply #4441 on: March 31, 2017, 07:37:54 AM »
So today, as I was walking into school, I saw one of the teachers at my school leaving to go somewhere. I decided to greet him and say 안녕하세요! But after I greeted him he went, "Aish!" and then turned his umbrella the other way. I've always suspected that he disliked me but it was just a really sucky way to start the morning. I can't speak Korean so maybe this is why he's so against me. But it really bothers me because I've done nothing to him. It's just been kind of a crappy week in general, and one that makes me really question what I'm even doing here.

Offline klx001

• Adventurer
  • what is life.
« Reply #4442 on: March 31, 2017, 07:46:12 AM »
So today, as I was walking into school, I saw one of the teachers at my school leaving to go somewhere. I decided to greet him and say 안녕하세요! But after I greeted him he went, "Aish!" and then turned his umbrella the other way. I've always suspected that he disliked me but it was just a really sucky way to start the morning. I can't speak Korean so maybe this is why he's so against me. But it really bothers me because I've done nothing to him. It's just been kind of a crappy week in general, and one that makes me really question what I'm even doing here.

ignore the haters. some will dislike you for no legit reason. granted, it is very rude and he would probably not respond that way to a korean. but just continue to be your polite self... or don't talk to/greet him if you feel like being petty lol. as dory puts it "just keep swimming!"
idk tho.

Online zola

• The Legend
« Reply #4443 on: March 31, 2017, 07:47:06 AM »
Wow. What a rude prick. **** that guy.
Kpip! - Martin 2018

Offline robin_teacher

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4444 on: March 31, 2017, 08:11:38 AM »

That's really unprofessional on his part. Don't let it get to you, some people aren't worth your concern.

If you keep annoying him by greeting him politely eventually someone will see his behavior and you'll be seen as the more professional one.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4445 on: March 31, 2017, 08:13:24 AM »

That's really unprofessional on his part. Don't let it get to you, some people aren't worth your concern.

If you keep annoying him by greeting him politely eventually someone will see his behavior and you'll be seen as the more professional one.

Lol I would totally go the annoying route and make a habit of greeting him politely, especially if there are witnesses. 

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4446 on: March 31, 2017, 10:17:34 AM »
Just got strong-armed into doing something that I don't want to do.

I was able to negotiate a bit and get a little something in return, so it's not a lose-lose situation.

Still pisses me off that I can't just simply say "no" without it turning into a big deal here, though.

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4447 on: March 31, 2017, 12:11:25 PM »

It's also really annoying when you've got something really important in real life happening that needs your attention urgently, but you're stuck in class and can't deal with it in a timely fashion.

Haha, I love the distinction between "real life" and teaching.

Offline kobayashi

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4448 on: March 31, 2017, 12:37:08 PM »
last year my desk was in the english room and it was sweet and i had my own kettle and everything.

this year office got moved to the teachers' office. i seem to be the ONLY one in the whole office that ever re-fills the water in the kettle. and when i do, and put it on to boil to make tea or coffee, as soon as it's finished boiling a bunch of teachers rush to it and swarm around it flies to make themselves coffee.

and then when they're done there's usually no damn water left for me to make coffee!  >:(

urgh! i used to sit at my desk while waiting for it to boil, now i have to stand there and watch it like a hawk to fend off any teachers who try to get to it before i do.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4449 on: March 31, 2017, 12:42:16 PM »
Oh fudge, I think there may actually be teacher workshop today.  I have no idea who or how many teachers are showing up, just that workshop may happen and that everyone will most certainly be of varying levels of English ability. 

I guess I should prep some ice breaker questions or some such.  Argh

Offline Noobie

• Waygookin
  • I'll go if I don't have to talk.
« Reply #4450 on: March 31, 2017, 12:52:11 PM »
My vp drags his feet when he walks making really loud clunk noises every time his foot catches up with the other...You can hear him from a mile away.....horror
The past & future are only a play of thoughts -Nietzsche

Online grey

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Cya West Japan aka Baby China
« Reply #4451 on: March 31, 2017, 02:07:49 PM »

It's also really annoying when you've got something really important in real life happening that needs your attention urgently, but you're stuck in class and can't deal with it in a timely fashion.

Haha, I love the distinction between "real life" and teaching.

I use this distinction as well. Coping mechanism.
Ko fills half his luggage with instant noodles for his international business travels, a lesson he learned after assuming on his first trip that three packages would suffice for six days. “Man, was I wrong. Since then, I always make sure I pack enough.”
-AP

Offline elsbethm

• Veteran
« Reply #4452 on: March 31, 2017, 02:23:46 PM »
My school has an afterschool weightlifting class. It goes on in the stage area of the cafeteria (I don't understand why), which happens to be directly below my office. Today they are doing deadlifts/clean and jerks. How do I know? Because everytime they drop the weights, my whole office shakes. 

One more hour and I'm outta here!

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Tangled Up In 주
« Reply #4453 on: March 31, 2017, 02:26:55 PM »
My school has an afterschool weightlifting class. It goes on in the stage area of the cafeteria (I don't understand why), which happens to be directly below my office. Today they are doing deadlifts/clean and jerks. How do I know? Because everytime they drop the weights, my whole office shakes. 

One more hour and I'm outta here!

It's BELOW your office and you can feel it? Yikes.

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4454 on: March 31, 2017, 02:37:21 PM »
Going to a funeral tonight after work with my co workers.

It's my co-teachers husbands grandfather  :blank:

Admittedly It's unusual to go but there was originally a dinner planned with that coteacher tonight so everyone feels awkward about not going, then they were like, let's go together! So now I am going to some random dudes funeral and I really cant be arsed. I just can't handle the awkwardness.

I have an out, I am the foreigner, they said it's okay if I have another plan (but they know I don't) but I dont want to be the dick that didn't go when everyone else did, also I want that coteacher to come to my wedding whenever it is.......sooooooo..... >:(

Offline sleepy

• Veteran
« Reply #4455 on: March 31, 2017, 02:42:50 PM »

Admittedly It's unusual to go but there was originally a dinner planned with that coteacher tonight so everyone feels awkward about not going, then they were like, let's go together! So now I am going to some random dudes funeral and I really cant be arsed. I just can't handle the awkwardness.

I have an out, I am the foreigner, they said it's okay if I have another plan (but they know I don't) but I dont want to be the dick that didn't go when everyone else did, also I want that coteacher to come to my wedding whenever it is.......sooooooo..... >:(

Just remember to keep your phone in your pocket when you are in the room with him.

Just follow the person in front when they do the ritual bowing and kiss.

Offline keldule

• Adventurer
  • Mostly lurking
« Reply #4456 on: March 31, 2017, 02:53:45 PM »

Just remember to keep your phone in your pocket when you are in the room with him.

I went to one recently after work (I was kinda dragged into it, but whatever.) All we did was bow to the picture in a special alcove at the funeral home and then the funeral director offered us food in a different room. Supposedly the viewing of the body is reserved for family members, so it won't be too awkward if that's the case. 

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4457 on: March 31, 2017, 03:01:02 PM »

I went to one recently after work (I was kinda dragged into it, but whatever.) All we did was bow to the picture in a special alcove at the funeral home and then the funeral director offered us food in a different room. Supposedly the viewing of the body is reserved for family members, so it won't be too awkward if that's the case.

Yeah I went to my other co workers fathers funeral last year so I've experienced it before. In that case I didn't feel awkward because we we're close and I wanted to show her I was thinking about her.

My coworkers husbands grandfather tho....anyway It'll be fine. Thankfully we should be in and out within an hour or so.

Offline keldule

• Adventurer
  • Mostly lurking
« Reply #4458 on: March 31, 2017, 03:08:26 PM »

Yeah I went to my other co workers fathers funeral last year so I've experienced it before. In that case I didn't feel awkward because we we're close and I wanted to show her I was thinking about her.

My coworkers husbands grandfather tho....anyway It'll be fine. Thankfully we should be in and out within an hour or so.

Ahh okay. This was my first one. It was a coworker's wife's mother. Equally awkward, but it was just me and my coteacher that went so we were there for maybe 15 minutes tops.

Offline scpru

• Veteran
« Reply #4459 on: March 31, 2017, 03:12:00 PM »
Pissed off at myself for not studying Korean more diligently. Pissed off at myself for not being more observant. If I had been more observant, or I could understand Korean enough, I could've noticed the two boys about to start physically fighting in the beginning of my class.

I really feel like such a shit teacher when this happens.

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/