November 18, 2018, 06:29:54 PM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 1167187 times)

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #4380 on: April 03, 2017, 07:54:26 AM »

Yea CO2 I completely agree with you!  That leap made by some people makes no sense at all.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #4381 on: April 03, 2017, 08:03:09 AM »

Yea CO2 I completely agree with you!  That leap made by some people makes no sense at all.

I think it has to do with the idea that teachers are kind of like parents, and nobody wants to think of their parents having sex.

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #4382 on: April 03, 2017, 08:04:58 AM »
I don't understand the "You teach public school, shame on you" argument. It happened on here a week ago when I made an off-colour, sexual joke. "You teach kids, I can't believe it, OMG."

A better example would have been this weekend. As many of you know, I'm recently single, so on Friday night I had a bit too much beer. I texted this 10/10 Korean girl that I met years ago and told her that I would love to take her to a love motel and have some fun with her. NOW, if you want to criticise me for being a complete moron, go for it. It was a stupid thing to do and I apologised later to her and her BF, however, I got a message saying, "You teach elemenetary school, shame on you, you pervert."

I will never understand this. Do they think my sex drive will transfer over onto 11 year olds?
Unless they make posters of the chat and put them up all over the neighbourhood around the school, the kids and community are free from this. (They live in North rural Incheon, me I'm well south of Seoul.)

If a teacher is clubbing and dancing with a guy/girl, are they to be shamed for that? Are teachers not allowed to have sex with people?

I'm an idiot, but it doesn't bleed over into a "Where are you from?" lesson.

It probably goes back to the old pillars of community idea. The school teacher, the priest, the councilor etc...I guess the downside was they were supposed to behave in a more restrained, respectable manner but the upside was you wouldn't have got parents coming to the school threatening to beat them up, as you do nowadays.

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #4383 on: April 03, 2017, 09:30:37 AM »
CO2,

If you are not actually a licensed teacher, carry on.

However, if you are, then you would be fully aware of the standards, the professional ethics, codes of conduct, professional boundaries, etc. that we are required to maintain inside and outside of the school.

It is 24/7.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4384 on: April 03, 2017, 09:44:49 AM »
Teachers in the US have been reprimanded or even fired/forced to resign over photos on social media of them with alcohol. 

Can you imagine if teachers in Korea were fired for getting caught drinking?  There'd be hardly any teachers left. 

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4385 on: April 03, 2017, 09:50:17 AM »
Just thinking about it a bit more...

Teachers shouldn't be shamed for doing things that every adult does (sex, drinking alcohol etc).

But on the other hand I wouldn't want people to know that I "texted this 10/10 Korean girl that I met years ago and told her that I would love to take her to a love motel and have some fun with her".  That reflects badly on you if you are a teacher I suppose.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4386 on: April 03, 2017, 09:58:35 AM »

Teachers shouldn't be shamed for doing things that every adult does (sex, drinking alcohol etc).

But on the other hand I wouldn't want people to know that I "texted this 10/10 Korean girl that I met years ago and told her that I would love to take her to a love motel and have some fun with her".  That reflects badly on you if you are a teacher I suppose.

Basically.  But this forum can be an outlet with anonymity and I think CO2 was just being detailed in ranting to make a point.  I doubt he's telling people in real life.  Most all of us have done stupid stuff in our lives that we'd rather not make public. 

EDIT:  While I would hate to be the recipient of such a message, I can also sympathize with the frustration of "you are a teacher so you must be pious and perfect" attitude. 
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 10:01:24 AM by yirj17 »

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4387 on: April 03, 2017, 10:07:09 AM »

Basically.  But this forum can be an outlet with anonymity and I think CO2 was just being detailed in ranting to make a point.  I doubt he's telling people in real life.  Most all of us have done stupid stuff in our lives that we'd rather not make public. 

EDIT:  While I would hate to be the recipient of such a message, I can also sympathize with the frustration of "you are a teacher so you must be pious and perfect" attitude.

Oh yea I agree with you, I'm sure he isn't.  CO2, are you?!  :P

I can understand that girl's reaction because it probably is a little shocking to hear that from a teacher but I completely understand the rant about us having to be nuns and monks generally in the eyes of Koreans.

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #4388 on: April 03, 2017, 10:15:52 AM »
I completely understand the rant about us having to be nuns and monks generally in the eyes of Koreans.
Exaggerating for argument's sake?

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4389 on: April 03, 2017, 10:28:17 AM »
I completely understand the rant about us having to be nuns and monks generally in the eyes of Koreans.
Exaggerating for argument's sake?

I slipped in the word 'generally' because I know "not all Koreans think..."

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #4390 on: April 03, 2017, 11:09:39 AM »
EDIT:  While I would hate to be the recipient of such a message,

Even if it was from someone you wanted to have sex with?

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #4391 on: April 03, 2017, 11:19:01 AM »

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
- Wayne Gretzky

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4392 on: April 03, 2017, 11:21:10 AM »
Rant one for the day: I hate it when people on here are talking about things Koreans have said and they will put an accent on....if that's the right way to describe it. Like: Teacher you like the kimchi? So spicy!

I mean, i've probably done it in the past myself but I regret it if I have. It's just not very nice. We all know what Koreans speaking English sound like.

Rant two: Eggieguffer. Everytime I see your username I feel a little bit sick. It's grim  :laugh: :cry:  ;D :laugh:

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #4393 on: April 03, 2017, 11:27:30 AM »
Rant two: Eggieguffer. Everytime I see your username I feel a little bit sick. It's grim  :laugh: :cry:  ;D :laugh:

Oh dear, did I hurt your ickle feelings?  :laugh:

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4394 on: April 03, 2017, 11:42:18 AM »

YES. A mere text message?? How crude! I require a handwritten letter imbued with perfume and delivered by courier.  Proper courtship, thanks!  :afro:

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #4395 on: April 03, 2017, 11:48:53 AM »

YES. A mere text message?? How crude! I require a handwritten letter imbued with perfume and delivered by courier.  Proper courtship, thanks!  :afro:

Fair do's

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4396 on: April 03, 2017, 12:04:31 PM »
In all honesty though, a text message propositioning sex would be a major turn off. 

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #4397 on: April 03, 2017, 12:10:36 PM »
So you want a handwritten letter delivered by a courier late Friday night? Do such services exist?

Friday night I had a bit too much beer. I texted this 10/10 Korean girl that I met years ago and told her that I would love to take her to a love motel and have some fun with her.
You can get everything delivered in Korea!

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #4398 on: April 03, 2017, 12:28:05 PM »
In all honesty though, a text message propositioning sex would be a major turn off.

Exactly. Unless I'm already in a serious and sexually active relationship with the person in question, a text message asking for sex would completely kill any desire I might have had.

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4399 on: April 03, 2017, 01:02:00 PM »
When I mom first heard I wanted to come teach in Korea she laughed and was like "YOU're gunna teach kids...?" But that's cuz she knows what a jerkbag student I was up until university. She had a point tho but w.e...