July 18, 2018, 06:57:27 PM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 1038975 times)

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #3100 on: December 10, 2016, 04:16:43 PM »
I feel your pain!  There's always an irresistible urge for stylists to "Koreanize" your cut even if you don't ask for it and have specifically told them what you want (plus a picture).

I've found that the list of things I have to tell them not to do is more important than what I'm actually asking for  ;D

Online sligo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3101 on: December 10, 2016, 07:58:49 PM »
I was drivig today and was stuck in a traffic jam.  The car infront, in the lane to my left decided to change lane, as i wanted to change lane myself, i waited for the traffic to start moving, and let him go.  I then idicated and attempted to move into the space he had vacated.  The was a space about 3 cars lengths long and i indicated and started to move over.  Suddenly i heard an engine rev and then this car flew into my front left wing.  The guy decided it would be a good idea to try and drive a 3 car length space before i could get into his lane.  It seemed that one spot ahead in a traffic jam was imprtant.  My video clearly showed him consciously driving into me. 

I called the police and they came and marked the scene.  The insurance guys showed up and had a look, and told me that as my back wheel was just about on a zebra crossing (maybe 2 foot before it ended) it was my fault, they acknowledged that the other guy caused the accident.  So it will go down at best 50/50, even though he caused the accident.  To add insult to injury, he said he wouldn't go to hospital or hire a replacement car (both cars were only cosmetically damaged) if i shouldered the higher burden.

And to make matters worse, the egg tart i baked this evening wasn't that good.  The recipe called for too little sugar.  My wife called it a "Gehran Jjim tart".

Offline gaelynwrites

• Veteran
« Reply #3102 on: December 12, 2016, 07:17:03 AM »
Don't you hate it when you make tea and want to drink it right away but it's too hot and it burns your tongue? Yeah. Oh, and the only reason I made tea is because I'm sick and it's settled in my throat. Teaching's going to be a real joy this week. (At least it's finals week.)

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3103 on: December 12, 2016, 07:20:48 AM »
8:20 and I'm already annoyed.

Someone (my CT I suspect) has cleaned the whiteboard in my classroom with something and now it's ruined. 

Yay.

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #3104 on: December 12, 2016, 07:34:13 AM »
I was drivig today and was stuck in a traffic jam.  The car infront, in the lane to my left decided to change lane, as i wanted to change lane myself, i waited for the traffic to start moving, and let him go.  I then idicated and attempted to move into the space he had vacated.  The was a space about 3 cars lengths long and i indicated and started to move over.  Suddenly i heard an engine rev and then this car flew into my front left wing.  The guy decided it would be a good idea to try and drive a 3 car length space before i could get into his lane.  It seemed that one spot ahead in a traffic jam was imprtant.  My video clearly showed him consciously driving into me. 

I called the police and they came and marked the scene.  The insurance guys showed up and had a look, and told me that as my back wheel was just about on a zebra crossing (maybe 2 foot before it ended) it was my fault, they acknowledged that the other guy caused the accident.  So it will go down at best 50/50, even though he caused the accident.  To add insult to injury, he said he wouldn't go to hospital or hire a replacement car (both cars were only cosmetically damaged) if i shouldered the higher burden.

This is something I'll still never understand about Korea, the ridiculous car insurance percentages.  Having driven for four years in Korea and up until now never any accidents (touch wood) I just can't fathom how you can separate blame like this.  In England, if someone rearends you at a roundabout it is 100% their fault, they weren't paying attention and probably didn't leave enough thinking and braking time.  The same accident here would leave some blame with you.  Why?  Also he wouldn't go to hospital?  For what?  Prick!

Offline strugglebunny

• Veteran
« Reply #3105 on: December 12, 2016, 07:52:23 AM »
Went for my haircut today and though the hairdresser can cut ok (slightly better than the other ones in my city), she styles my hair like sh*t.

At least that style looks decent. You could have received the window-licker bowl-cut that seems to be all the rage with the boys in my area.

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3106 on: December 12, 2016, 07:59:55 AM »

Someone (my CT I suspect) has cleaned the whiteboard in my classroom with something and now it's ruined. 

Yay.

Oh. My. Goodness.

I hate it when that happens. It ALWAYS happened to me before. And then the whiteboard won't erase and you get a smudgy, greasy mess.

Yep  :sad:

No doubt I'll get blamed for it too  :rolleyes:

Offline WheresMyCoffee

• Adventurer
« Reply #3107 on: December 12, 2016, 08:01:49 AM »

Yay.

Oh. My. Goodness.

I hate it when that happens. It ALWAYS happened to me before. And then the whiteboard won't erase and you get a smudgy, greasy mess.

Yep  :sad:

No doubt I'll get blamed for it too  :rolleyes:

Most likley their combination cleaning method of magic eraser and 3M spray sticky solvent remover crap.

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #3108 on: December 12, 2016, 08:05:44 AM »
Went for my haircut today and though the hairdresser can cut ok (slightly better than the other ones in my city), she styles my hair like sh*t.

At least that style looks decent. You could have received the window-licker bowl-cut that seems to be all the rage with the boys in my area.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #3109 on: December 12, 2016, 08:07:49 AM »

I went to a wedding on the weekend.  The groom, who was 36 years old, was sporting the "Window-licker", as it shall henceforth be known.

If the purpose was to make the bride look better, he succeeded.

Offline Lurch

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3110 on: December 12, 2016, 08:09:06 AM »

Yay.

Oh. My. Goodness.

My school bought a bunch of cheap "white board cleaner" and it smells like pure rubbing alcohol. Sure enough, after a few uses my boards are now almost impossible to erase. A good white board is supposed to have a thin coating of wax or oil so they are easy to erase. Alcohol completely strips it of that. I read somewhere that a light misting of WD-40 sprayed and then rubbed on the board might restore it a bit. I have a small can at home, I might try it on a corner of the board and see if it works, then tell the school to do it themselves because I'm not going to pay for all that, and then wait for months while they try and find $20 petty cash to get it done.

I miss chalk.

At least none of my current schools use liquid chalk. That stuff is garbage.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Tangled Up In 주
« Reply #3111 on: December 12, 2016, 08:12:58 AM »
Why can't I paste text into HWP? I copy an excerpt from a webpage, ctrl v in HWP and NOTHING.

Offline welcomebackkotter

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3112 on: December 12, 2016, 08:19:30 AM »
I have to wait until the 28th to see Rogue One!!! C'mon, that's like 2 weeks after the premiere in Slovakia and Cambodia and everywhere else in the bloody world. FFS This does not make me happy.  I was going to see it for my birthday, which was the original world release date. Now I'm sad.

Offline WheresMyCoffee

• Adventurer
« Reply #3113 on: December 12, 2016, 08:40:29 AM »

Yay.

Oh. My. Goodness.

My school bought a bunch of cheap "white board cleaner" and it smells like pure rubbing alcohol. Sure enough, after a few uses my boards are now almost impossible to erase. A good white board is supposed to have a thin coating of wax or oil so they are easy to erase. Alcohol completely strips it of that. I read somewhere that a light misting of WD-40 sprayed and then rubbed on the board might restore it a bit. I have a small can at home, I might try it on a corner of the board and see if it works, then tell the school to do it themselves because I'm not going to pay for all that, and then wait for months while they try and find $20 petty cash to get it done.

I miss chalk.

At least none of my current schools use liquid chalk. That stuff is garbage.

One of the schools I taught at, the classroom was a chalkboard. LOVED IT!!! So many colors, erases well, etc... I don't understand the move to Dry erase. Step backwards in my opinion. BUT CHALK DUST! Umm, just get a eraser vacuum. PLus I think modern chalk is less dustier?

Offline emmas28

• Veteran
« Reply #3114 on: December 12, 2016, 08:43:20 AM »
Apparently something MAJOR exciting happened over the weekend because the two office staff I sit opposite will not shut up! I don't understand why they need to talk so loudly when they're sat next to each other. I even have headphones in and music on and I can STILL HEAR THEM. It's Monday morning, quiet please!

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3115 on: December 12, 2016, 08:52:14 AM »
Apparently something MAJOR exciting happened over the weekend because the two office staff I sit opposite will not shut up! I don't understand why they need to talk so loudly when they're sat next to each other. I even have headphones in and music on and I can STILL HEAR THEM. It's Monday morning, quiet please!
Maybe they are talking about the impeachment. That's a pretty major deal.

Online zola

• The Legend
« Reply #3116 on: December 12, 2016, 08:54:01 AM »
I have to wait until the 28th to see Rogue One!!! C'mon, that's like 2 weeks after the premiere in Slovakia and Cambodia and everywhere else in the bloody world. FFS This does not make me happy.  I was going to see it for my birthday, which was the original world release date. Now I'm sad.

This is the first I've heard of this. I just looked and you are right.
What. The. FUUCK. I had assumed it was this Thursday/Friday like the rest of the developed world... I had planned out my whole day Friday around this :cry: i didn't even check, becuase why would I?

Force Awakens came out the same time here as everywhere else. Why the hell are they pushing this one back two weeks?! Why are they doing this to me?
Kpip! - Martin 2018

Offline emmas28

• Veteran
« Reply #3117 on: December 12, 2016, 08:56:15 AM »
Maybe they are talking about the impeachment. That's a pretty major deal.

Nah this is definitely gossip. I think because the VP isn't here they're running wild. They haven't clicked a mouse or tapped a keyboard yet and it's almost 10am. Anything political usually gets given 5 minutes attention and then back to gossip.  >:(

Offline welcomebackkotter

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3118 on: December 12, 2016, 09:36:09 AM »

This is the first I've heard of this. I just looked and you are right.
What. The. FUUCK. I had assumed it was this Thursday/Friday like the rest of the developed world... I had planned out my whole day Friday around this :cry: i didn't even check, becuase why would I?

Force Awakens came out the same time here as everywhere else. Why the hell are they pushing this one back two weeks?! Why are they doing this to me?

I know!!!  Every other big american movie comes to Korea very close to the release date in the states.   This is ridiculous! I also had planned my weekend around this.  I need to write a strongly worded letter to someone.  After I cry

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3119 on: December 12, 2016, 09:38:44 AM »
coT has a major case of RBF today. That's pleasant.

Also, hoping that Rogue One will be in 4D cause I saw Force Awakens in 4D and it was a pretty baller experience.