October 17, 2018, 01:08:05 AM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 1119319 times)

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #3000 on: December 07, 2016, 08:46:55 AM »
They set up an outdoor rink at the Olympic Gate at Olympic Park every year as well. Even a bit farther than Lotte World for you but significantly cheaper.
I'll look into those places. Has anyone been to the one at DMC? I have seen it, but never skated there.

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3001 on: December 07, 2016, 09:00:00 AM »
Parents are jerks. Our after school English program is getting cut and the parents found out yesterday so half the kids are weeping around the school today because their parents are pulling them from this school to go elsewhere. Somehow the kids decided its my fault that they have to move even tho I'll be at the same school one day a week next year and I would have prefered to stay teaching after school classes! GAH!

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3002 on: December 07, 2016, 09:22:02 AM »
Headphone-less teacher is watching a bird video today. So not only do I get to listen to a loud Chinese narrator, but I also get to listen to birds honking.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3003 on: December 07, 2016, 09:34:24 AM »
cough cough cough sneeze sneeze

my head feels like lead and I'm headachey but I'm pretty sure I can't take any painkillers because of the meds the internal medicine doc gave me. I'm super drowsy and I don't know if it's due to the cold or the dramamine.

I only teach two classes today, should I tell my cot I need to use early sick leave?

The memoir I'll write about my year in Korea: Constantly Sick and Miserable

sniffle

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #3004 on: December 07, 2016, 09:44:38 AM »
I just lost an arm wrestling match to a grade 6 boy.

Where is my life going?  :cry:
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3005 on: December 07, 2016, 09:47:15 AM »

Lol. One of my 4th graders wanted to arm wrestle me but they don't understand using just the arm to wrestle and use their whole bodies so I declined.

Offline Lurch

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3006 on: December 07, 2016, 09:48:53 AM »

No shame in that. Some grade six kids are huge and have youth on their side.

Not that I've ever lost to a sixth grader.

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3007 on: December 07, 2016, 09:49:05 AM »

I used to love arm wrestling my students because when I would inevitably win, it would establish my dominance in the classroom.

Now I work with mostly high school boys and I stay waaaay out of it.

Offline WheresMyCoffee

• Adventurer
« Reply #3008 on: December 07, 2016, 10:01:40 AM »
Parents are jerks. Our after school English program is getting cut and the parents found out yesterday so half the kids are weeping around the school today because their parents are pulling them from this school to go elsewhere. Somehow the kids decided its my fault that they have to move even tho I'll be at the same school one day a week next year and I would have prefered to stay teaching after school classes! GAH!

The kids didn't decide it was your fault, the school probably threw you under the bus to save face.

Offline Loki88

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3009 on: December 07, 2016, 11:35:08 AM »
My CTs gone full cookoo.

She's decided teaching the boys is too much work. She's moved all of them to the back of the room and placed all the girls directly at the front because they deserve it or some such nonsense.

As you can imagine, chaos ensued.

Then, I'm making a big pot of coffee for the afternoon after lunch. I'm putting a filter in she runs up has a lil bicker about the filter removes it and makes coffee without the filter. Spared slightly by the fact that I put a ton of water in and she for some odd reason decided one scoop of coffee beans was good. It looks like water from a ditch.

This is the first mixed coffee I've had in like 2 years.

Offline orionchocopie

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3010 on: December 07, 2016, 11:41:25 AM »
Shut.  The.  Door.

donovan

« Reply #3011 on: December 07, 2016, 11:46:01 AM »
She's decided teaching the boys is too much work. She's moved all of them to the back of the room and placed all the girls directly at the front because they deserve it or some such nonsense.

Nice. I didn't know we could do that~

Offline WheresMyCoffee

• Adventurer
« Reply #3012 on: December 07, 2016, 11:52:28 AM »
My CTs gone full cookoo.

As you can imagine, chaos ensued.

Then, I'm making a big pot of coffee for the afternoon after lunch. I'm putting a filter in she runs up has a lil bicker about the filter removes it and makes coffee without the filter. Spared slightly by the fact that I put a ton of water in and she for some odd reason decided one scoop of coffee beans was good. It looks like water from a ditch.

This is the first mixed coffee I've had in like 2 years.

One of my CT's cooks her lunch in the electric kettle. Luckily there is a Cafe across the street thats cheap plus 500 won discount takeout. So I just go over there after I eat and grab a latte.

Probably not a good idea to put all the animals together in one pen....

Offline Schellib39

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3013 on: December 07, 2016, 11:52:47 AM »
Shut.  The.  Door.

+1

I love being able to see my breath while walking through the halls. smfh

I close a door or a window to see them wide open, AGAIN,  minutes later. face in palm

Offline WheresMyCoffee

• Adventurer
« Reply #3014 on: December 07, 2016, 11:54:22 AM »
Shut.  The.  Door.

+1

I love being able to see my breath while walking through the halls. smfh

I close a door or a window to see them wide open, AGAIN,  minutes later. face in palm

Just run the heater with the windows open!!!  :rolleyes:

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #3015 on: December 07, 2016, 12:14:18 PM »

If I had the option of doing something like that, I would place all the boys on the other side of the classroom door.
I work in an all boys' middle school.  :smiley:

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3016 on: December 07, 2016, 02:23:26 PM »

I wish I could kick the boys out of my class and just teach the girls. My shoulder is sore from when I pulled a muscle earlier stopping a knock-down drag-out fight between two 4th grade boys.

I do have a few poorly behaved girls but most of the boys are bad. Why are the boys so much worse than the girls? Is it like this in other countries? I really think they need recess, and having to wait until 1:15 to each lunch doesn't help either.

Rant: My new coteacher is treating my like an ornament. I'm hoping it will get better in the 2.5 weeks we have left, but it's frustrating when I'm trying to explain something or ask the kids a question and she talks over me and pretends I'm not there.

Edit: Why are things so unchangeable here. The 6th graders have a writing test scheduled for the end of next week (one of those easy and tiny tests that they could probably do with their eyes closed), but we haven't even started that lesson yet. So we're just going to jump into the writing part of the lesson and tell them what they need to know for the test. Teaching for tests and not for understanding is one of my pet peeves. And of course we can't change the date for the test because it has already been submitted to the principal.

I think today is one of those weird days where trying to understand the different culture is getting on my nerves and I have to keep quiet, smile, and say "OK," or else I'll just get more annoyed with everything.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 02:41:14 PM by flyingspider »

waywardtimelord

« Reply #3017 on: December 07, 2016, 02:44:09 PM »
The male teacher who shares my office has been listening to tennis matches on his cell phone for the past hour. No headphones. I honestly cannot fathom his complete disregard for everyone else in the office.

In other news (completely unrelated, I swear!) I've managed to whittle a shank from a colored pencil.

Offline GuyinKorea

• Newgookin
« Reply #3018 on: December 08, 2016, 07:44:58 AM »

Lol. One of my 4th graders wanted to arm wrestle me but they don't understand using just the arm to wrestle and use their whole bodies so I declined.

Do ya'll even lift?

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3019 on: December 08, 2016, 08:07:49 AM »
Admin. creep continues to be an arse. Yesterday on our fishing trip some teachers of course brought drinks (makgeolli & soju) and when they offered me some he felt the need to interject and slowly/loudly pronounce each word like I was a developmentally challenged person.

"MAK-GO-LEEEEE. SO-JUUUU."

Okay.  :rolleyes: We've only had these drinks EVERY hwesik ever since I started working here over a year ago. But just continue to make an arse out of yourself in front of everyone.