March 27, 2019, 12:32:56 AM

Author Topic: NASA is analyzing Korean Air to find out "Why is it so polluted?"  (Read 33499 times)

Offline Claramire

• Newgookin
Re: NASA is analyzing Korean Air to find out "Why is it so polluted?"
« Reply #200 on: October 15, 2017, 10:48:33 PM »
It's very interesting and good news...
Nowadays the air is so polluted in Korea!

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #201 on: March 27, 2018, 09:56:00 PM »
And here in the US, AQI is green at 26.

Health message
Ideal air quality for outdoor activities

IDEAL, boys and girls. Blue skies without a mask in sight.

Offline grey

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Cya West Japan aka Baby China
« Reply #202 on: March 27, 2018, 11:14:39 PM »
In my city the air quality is much better than it was 50 years ago in large part because there is much less manufacturing. The rust belt and surrounding areas.

Korean air will get better when Chinese manufacturing moves to more affordable countries. Whether that is cited as the reason is improbable.

*Of course there are other reasons but manufacturing is a big one.
Ko fills half his luggage with instant noodles for his international business travels, a lesson he learned after assuming on his first trip that three packages would suffice for six days. “Man, was I wrong. Since then, I always make sure I pack enough.”
-AP

Online Cyanea

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #204 on: March 28, 2018, 11:18:52 AM »
One cause that they keep ignoring is that slash-and-burn forest fires in Indonesia that have been ongoing for years. these are fires deliberately started to clear rainforest to make room for palm oil production. The resulting smog affects the whole east asia region.

https://www.nst.com.my/world/2018/02/337876/indonesia-declares-disaster-alert-forest-fires-rage-sumatra-kalimantan
Indonesia declares disaster alert as forest fires rage in Sumatra, Kalimantan.

its hard to think of anything more ruinous to the ecosystem and climate of the planet.

Catch my drift?

Online Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #205 on: March 28, 2018, 11:52:50 AM »
In my city the air quality is much better than it was 50 years ago in large part because there is much less manufacturing.

Actually, that's a myth. The United States is producing more than ever before. Way more. Robots and increased efficency mean less people are working to manufacture more output.

Why is American air so much better than the world average? The Environmental Protection Agency forced factories to install expensive high grade filters on their smokestacks.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/07/25/most-americans-unaware-that-as-u-s-manufacturing-jobs-have-disappeared-output-has-grown/

Online Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #206 on: March 17, 2019, 08:07:31 PM »
SEOUL, March 17 (Yonhap) -- South Korea is seeking to team up with the United States' National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) to pin down the sources of Korea's high fine dust air pollution levels, a government agency said Sunday.

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20190317001800315

Online SanderB

• Veteran
« Reply #207 on: March 17, 2019, 10:43:35 PM »
Well, turns out there was a huge fire in Incheon's waste facility, where for weeks on end a mountain of general waste and plastics was on fire in February when pm2,5 pollution was horrific across Seoul.
-Fiat voluntas tua-

Online macteacher

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #208 on: March 18, 2019, 08:21:59 AM »
Well, turns out there was a huge fire in Incheon's waste facility, where for weeks on end a mountain of general waste and plastics was on fire in February when pm2,5 pollution was horrific across Seoul.

link?