Symposium > Pictures, Blogs, & Video-blogs (new)!

The Ultimate Guide to Boseong (Green Tea Fields)

<< < (2/4) > >>

gaelynwrites:
I love this. Definitely will be using when planning more of my adventures around Korea. I love the idea that someone who has come to know an area is posting advice and instructions for those who have never been there. More people should do things like this.

nomadicmadda:

--- Quote from: Nokcha on May 30, 2016, 01:52:44 PM ---This is fantastic! I've actually been to Boseong several times, and I've been fairly successful using public trans and renting a car. Accomodations have been a bit trickier. Having an insiders guide would save a lot of searching.

I'm going with a friend this coming 3 day weekend and we've already booked through Airbnb. It's my first time using it, though my friend is quite familiar with it.

Thanks!

--- End quote ---

Oh, really?  I wonder if you guys are my guests, haha.  Though I think the girl I have on the 3-day weekend itself is a solo-traveler.  The only other Airbnb that I know of that's actually IN Boseong (besides mine) is this place, which is new, and is a massive hanok house for people with cars planning on supplying their own food and stuff.  Everything else is in neighboring counties and is about a 20-30min drive from the fields.

nomadicmadda:

--- Quote from: gaelynwrites on May 30, 2016, 02:10:05 PM ---I love this. Definitely will be using when planning more of my adventures around Korea. I love the idea that someone who has come to know an area is posting advice and instructions for those who have never been there. More people should do things like this.

--- End quote ---
Thank you!  And definitely; I had pretty much every Airbnber who contacted me complain about the lack of available English resources, and limited information on the region in general.  Even the Korean sites tend to have the same-old-same-old tourist route info, and that's it.  There's so much more here!

--- Quote from: Tony Teacher on May 30, 2016, 02:02:49 PM ---Great blog! It is quite informative and it looks like you've put a lot of work into the videos and posts. I've never been to Boseong, but I would love to pay a visit there someday.

--- End quote ---
Thanks!  If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them.  Boseong is a great day trip from Seoul or Busan, and can easily be coupled with the bamboo forests in Damyang or the bay in Suncheon, depending on what direction you're coming from  ;D

The Arm:
This is brilliant!!   ;D

I'd recently been researching taking a day trip to Boseong but couldn't find anything in detail about how to get there.

One thing I'm still not sure of: how far is it from the bus station at Boseong to the actual green tea fields?  Do you step off the bus and you're literally there?

Paul:
No. Boseong itself is a single Paris Baguette town bult along a bit of a hillside. The fields are a few kilometres away to the south by local bus. The bus will pass by the most famous field first (the one you're thinking of which is touristed up). You get dropped off on the side of the main road and have a bit of a walk to get there from even the local bus.

Most people will stop here then head home, but it's worth taking the local bus further south once you're done, because it'll climb the crest of the hill and then give you a spectacular view of the rest of the fields which cover the entire valley on the southern face. Its a nice ride down the valley, and the route terminates at one of the more pleasant beaches I've been to in the country: its got the infrastructure, but not the crowds.

Madda: I'm super impressed with your guide. You're spot on in that there's a gap in the English material available, and Boseong is one of those few lengthy treks across the country that was thoroughly worth it in my mind.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version