Symposium > Pictures, Blogs, & Video-blogs (new)!

The Ultimate Guide to Boseong (Green Tea Fields)

(1/5) > >>

nomadicmadda:
So I've been living in Boseong for the last two years, and have done a fair bit of hosting on Airbnb.  Every foreigner I've ever hosted has mentioned how difficult it's been to find information in English on the area, so before I leave in September I'm writing a massive, comprehensive series on how to get to Boseong, where to stay, where to eat, and what and how to do various activities in the area.

You can read the various topics directly on my blog here, or follow on my new Facebook page where I'll be sharing each post as I complete it.  April-June is by far the best time of the year to see them, and I hope these posts can help others enjoy the area as much as I've enjoyed living in it over the last couple of years ;D

Part I: How to get there
Details complete direct bus and train routes from Seoul and Busan, as well as alternative routes from Gwangju (Seoul) and Suncheon (Busan) should you hit any travel snags.

Part II: Where to stay
Contains a list of 14 hotels, motels, pensions, and guesthouses that you can choose from, and tips on how to book them.

TeresaD:
Wow! Thank you so much!

The Boseong Green Tea Fields have been on my radar since I arrived last year. I will be checking out your blog and Facebook page when I have a bit more time today. I've never used Airbnb before, so I'm going to check out what that entails, but I'm definitely interested ;D

Will PM you once I have an idea of what/when/if/how. If that's okay?

nomadicmadda:

--- Quote from: TeresaD on May 30, 2016, 09:59:20 AM ---Wow! Thank you so much!

The Boseong Green Tea Fields have been on my radar since I arrived last year. I will be checking out your blog and Facebook page when I have a bit more time today. I've never used Airbnb before, so I'm going to check out what that entails, but I'm definitely interested ;D

Will PM you once I have an idea of what/when/if/how. If that's okay?

--- End quote ---

Go for it!  You can contact me via FB as well if you'd like, since that messaging system is a bit more frequently used.  I have three other posts that I'm in the process of writing that will handle lodging, restaurant, and activities respectively.  The lodging info here is the most scarce, so that's up next.  My Airbnb is fully booked for the remainder of my time here, and sadly I'm moving up to Seoul in September  :cry:  So I'm not hosting anymore after mid-June. 

There's only one other place that I've seen so far on Airbnb that is actually near the fields (the others are in Jangheung/other counties) and that one is perfect for large groups.  It's only really accessible by car, though. I'm collecting info on the several hotels that I've seen IN Boseong proper right now.  They don't have English websites, but the town is basically never super full so walk-ins are easy enough.  I'll be sure to include contact info for them as well, in case people have Korean friends who can call for them to make a reservation  ;D

Nokcha:
This is fantastic! I've actually been to Boseong several times, and I've been fairly successful using public trans and renting a car. Accomodations have been a bit trickier. Having an insiders guide would save a lot of searching.

I'm going with a friend this coming 3 day weekend and we've already booked through Airbnb. It's my first time using it, though my friend is quite familiar with it.

Thanks!

Tony Teacher:
Great blog! It is quite informative and it looks like you've put a lot of work into the videos and posts. I've never been to Boseong, but I would love to pay a visit there someday.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version