July 20, 2018, 05:30:12 AM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: Can you get a one way ticket back home in money to buy a round trip ticket?  (Read 740 times)

Offline Sel

• Explorer
I heard that if you are already in Korea, if you finish the 1 year contract, they give you a one way ticket so that you can go back to your home country.

But what if you want to come back to Korea? Since a round trip ticket costs about the same as a one way ticket, can you just tell them to give you money for a one way ticket and then add with your own money whatever is needed to raise it to the amount it takes to buy a round trip ticket?

Offline Imogen1991

• Hero of Waygookistan
Depends! With JLP public school program you just get the 1.3 million money no questions asked, you can spend it on whatever you like. Not sure about other programs though

Offline Teemowork

• Expert Waygook
I heard that if you are already in Korea, if you finish the 1 year contract, they give you a one way ticket so that you can go back to your home country.

But what if you want to come back to Korea? Since a round trip ticket costs about the same as a one way ticket, can you just tell them to give you money for a one way ticket and then add with your own money whatever is needed to raise it to the amount it takes to buy a round trip ticket?

I always thought they just deposited the estimated amount of a one way flight ticket to your country to your bank.  It is still your job to order a ticket by yourself using that money.

Offline orionchocopie

• Hero of Waygookistan
Check your contract.

EPIK gives you a fixed 1.3 million (if it's not enough, too bad).

GEPIK stipulates a bunch of terms and conditions and asks for proof.

Your contract could be different.

Offline Sel

• Explorer
What about hagwons?

Offline orionchocopie

• Hero of Waygookistan
Check your contract.