November 19, 2018, 08:04:17 PM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 378943 times)

Offline strugglebunny

• Veteran
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #1440 on: December 22, 2016, 08:19:01 AM »
Another Christmas miracle! All my classes for today and tomorrow have been canceled.

The question now is, do I fire up Skyrim? My work computer is actually my personal gaming laptop, so it's tempting...

Oh man, I wish I had my laptop with Skyrim on it right now. :( Oh well, I guess I'll work on this  game that I'm translating for a contest whose deadline is coming up...

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
« Reply #1441 on: December 22, 2016, 09:02:43 AM »
Someone made 2 massive things of popcorn for the teachers office and it is amazing. The smell alone made the day 100X better!

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1442 on: December 22, 2016, 09:20:33 AM »
So far 7 out of my 21 classes have been cancelled this week. I lightly suspect that some of them were "cancelled" because my coteacher didn't like my lesson and was worried JB would yell at me if she didn't like the lesson either, but whatever. Only had one class yesterday and only have one class today. If only I had brought my knitting! I'm trying to make a fancy scarf for not-girlfriend

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1443 on: December 22, 2016, 10:13:33 AM »
The sofa bed I bought to celebrate a successful re-signing  is on it's way. Hopefully here before christmas so people can sit at my party, and sleep on it after the party :D

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1444 on: December 22, 2016, 10:34:26 AM »
The sofa bed I bought to celebrate a successful re-signing  is on it's way. Hopefully here before christmas so people can sit at my party, and sleep on it after the party :D

That isn't a party!  Your sofa should be on fire, in the road, after it was thrown out of the window at the peak of 'Bohemian Rhapsody' by Queen.  While you wake up blurry-eyed in a tree in Mexico wearing a dinosaur costume.  That is a party.

I have a soju onesie that I'll probably crawl into at some point, can I wear that in the Mexican tree instead?

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1445 on: December 22, 2016, 10:36:38 AM »
So I ordered a package from the UK to be sent to me through iPorter at the very beginning of this month. There were so many delays and then iPorter said that my passport number was wrong (it wasn't) so it was being held at customs. But hallelujah it's being delivered today! I will have time to wrap it for Christmas, haha.

Online kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #1446 on: December 22, 2016, 11:51:56 AM »

That isn't a party!  Your sofa should be on fire, in the road, after it was thrown out of the window at the peak of 'Bohemian Rhapsody' by Queen.  While you wake up blurry-eyed in a tree in Mexico Korea wearing a dinosaur costume.  That is a party.

Let me tell you a story about how I became an English teacher in far off Korea...

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1447 on: December 22, 2016, 12:41:56 PM »
Only 2 more days teaching with the coteacher who treats me like I'm invisible and then it's goodbye!

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1448 on: December 22, 2016, 01:19:50 PM »
The class my coteacher seemed concerned the boss teacher would hate went SUPER well with the second grade class I had with her

granted, the second graders are always better than the third graders, but it made me feel better, especially considering that I suspect they cancelled my classes yesterday bc my class wouldn't be "good enough"

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1449 on: December 22, 2016, 01:35:32 PM »
I ordered from Coupang for the first time. Expected delivery is Saturday! I'm pretty stoked. Can't wait to dig in~

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1450 on: December 22, 2016, 02:12:29 PM »
I ordered from Coupang for the first time. Expected delivery is Saturday! I'm pretty stoked. Can't wait to dig in~
Oh, what did you get?

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1451 on: December 22, 2016, 02:24:42 PM »
Oh, what did you get?

Junk!! Glorious junk! Some Campbell's chunky soup and Chef Boyardee! Hahahah. Also got some Bear Creek soup mixes, now those I'm raring to get into.

Also ordered some maple syrup and cinnamon.

donovan

« Reply #1452 on: December 22, 2016, 02:31:43 PM »
Has anyone else noticed Korean brand versions of blue box mac 'n cheese and the like on shelves at supermarkets these days?  I'm sure that's enough to make more than a few foreigners raving happy.

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1453 on: December 22, 2016, 02:33:04 PM »
So I took it upon myself to cancel my final class of the day and of the semester. They had their semester end party the period before mine, and they are watching some scary movie called Don't Breathe. I figured "hey it's English and they won't pay attention to me anyways" so I took attendance and went back to my office, haha.  :laugh:

Oh, what did you get?

Junk!! Glorious junk! Some Campbell's chunky soup and Chef Boyardee! Hahahah. Also got some Bear Creek soup mixes, now those I'm raring to get into.

Oh, I never thought about soups! I love chunkys and Bear Creek potato soup is the stuff of my childhood! So good. Never did like Boyardee though. I will have to check that stuff out next time.

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1454 on: December 23, 2016, 09:22:04 AM »
I always make Christmas cookies for the staff at my schools and today I gave them out. When I dropped off some at the security guards and he had the cutest reaction.  :cheesy:

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1455 on: December 23, 2016, 09:33:41 AM »
I found a bunch of nice chill Japanese funk albums on youtube and I've really been enjoying them these last few days.

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
« Reply #1456 on: December 23, 2016, 10:23:04 AM »
Was happy to see my co-teachers light up today when I gave them Christmas cards :)

Offline HyooMyron

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1457 on: December 23, 2016, 10:27:54 AM »
Oh, what did you get?

If you don't mind me asking: how much was the chunky soup and Chef Boyardee?
I didn't know getting Chef Boyardee was a possibility here! There is now an empty void in my heart that can only be filled with Chef Boyardee ravioli!

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1458 on: December 23, 2016, 10:37:23 AM »
Overpriced but if you spend about 30,000W you can get free shipping! The chunky soups are about 4100W and they only seem to have the small microwaveable things of chef boyardee for 1700~1800W. I live in rural nowhere so I figured I'd treat myself  :cheesy:

If you go to the Coupang website, you can just search for "Campbell's" and "Chef Boyardee" in English  :smiley: (also, Bear Creek!)

If you only type in "soup" you get a bunch of clothing from some brand that's apparently named Soup  :undecided:

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1459 on: December 23, 2016, 10:43:37 AM »
Overpriced but if you spend about 30,000W you can get free shipping! The chunky soups are about 4100W and they only seem to have the small microwaveable things of chef boyardee for 1700~1800W. I live in rural nowhere so I figured I'd treat myself  :cheesy:

If you go to the Coupang website, you can just search for "Campbell's" and "Chef Boyardee" in English  :smiley: (also, Bear Creek!)

If you only type in "soup" you get a bunch of clothing from some brand that's apparently named Soup  :undecided:
The only chunkys I see in Seoul are the clam chowder. Which is my favorite, but I also kind of wanna switch it up.