November 16, 2018, 04:13:35 PM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 377860 times)

Offline Loki88

• Expert Waygook
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SHIT MEGATHREAD
« Reply #540 on: June 22, 2016, 11:37:30 AM »
I have a brand new fresh out of school CT. My school runs special, extra open classes for new teachers their first 3 years.

She practiced this morning with me watching. It was excellent. It gives me hope for the future of English education here.

Offline chrislis90

• Adventurer
« Reply #541 on: June 22, 2016, 12:45:54 PM »
At one of my travel schools this morning, the boys in the classroom were doing the entrance music for the Undertaker. 2 Students then entered the classroom and one performed the tombstone manouvre on the other (bar actually smacking his head against the floor). It was hilarious, they cheered and he ran through the halls in triumph.

Offline Hodlpu

• Veteran
« Reply #542 on: June 22, 2016, 12:53:14 PM »
I learned how to make my own salad dressing (honey balsamic vinaigrette dressing).  I showed it off to my school, everyone thinks I'm a chef now.

EDIT:  everyone
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 01:00:03 PM by Hodlpu »

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #543 on: June 22, 2016, 12:58:34 PM »
I learned how to make my own salad dressing (honey balsamic vinaigrette dressing).  I showed it off to my school, everything thinks I'm a chef now.

Haha, same.

:afro: "I made spaghetti for my girlfriend last night."

:huh: :huh: :huh: "You can make spaghetti???"
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Offline Soggysocks

• Veteran
« Reply #544 on: June 22, 2016, 01:16:54 PM »
I taught my 6th graders different ailments (toothache, earache, sore throat, etc). Now they're running through the halls chanting, "Vomit! Vomit!"

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #545 on: June 22, 2016, 02:10:14 PM »
Open class went really well and now coT is finally coming down from her adrenaline rush.

To celebrate, she turned on the A/C.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #546 on: June 22, 2016, 02:32:00 PM »
Bingo was the main activity for one of my classes today and for the squares I had the kids put down the names of all the students in school (we've got a wee population). Thought it might be fun as the topic was "What do you think about ________."

Then one kid drew a name and immediately just lowered his head and refused to make eye contact with anyone. All the other students in class started going "Ohhhhh!!" while he was being uncharacteristically bashful (usually he's the loudest kid in class).

I think I unwittingly discovered who a student is crushing on, lol.  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline sixtieshappy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #547 on: June 22, 2016, 03:18:07 PM »

I've heard that before too.  I don't understand Koreans.  Pasta is like the food people make when they don't feel like cooking.

Offline DLJL

• Super Waygook
« Reply #548 on: June 22, 2016, 03:20:24 PM »

I've heard that before too.  I don't understand Koreans.  Pasta is like the food people make when they don't feel like cooking.

It's literally the same process as making ramen, too. Add hot water. Wait a short time. Done.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #549 on: June 22, 2016, 03:22:08 PM »

I feel like Koreans [that I've met] seem surprised that I can cook at all. Like do they think Americans can't cook or something?? I dunno what it is.

Then I learned the Koreans at school don't really cook much at home. Lol

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #550 on: June 22, 2016, 03:22:22 PM »

Shhhhhhhh! Don't tell them how easy it is! I love that I can boil water and open a can of sauce and be thought of as the next Gordon Ramsay  :laugh: :laugh:

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #551 on: June 22, 2016, 03:28:16 PM »

Shhhhhhhh! Don't tell them how easy it is! I love that I can boil water and open a can of sauce and be thought of as the next Gordon Ramsay  :laugh: :laugh:

IT'S RRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA면.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #552 on: June 22, 2016, 03:40:34 PM »

Do you curse frequently as well? :laugh:

Speaking of Gordon Ramsay, though, I've been on a youtube-binge of his videos and I may or may not attempt some of the more simple dishes. The ones that don't require an oven, of course.

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #553 on: June 22, 2016, 03:46:36 PM »

Speaking of Gordon Ramsay, though, I've been on a youtube-binge of his videos and I may or may not attempt some of the more simple dishes. The ones that don't require an oven, of course.

Actually, yeah. I used to work as a cook back in Canada and cursing like a drunken sailor on leave is kinda par for the course.

Side note: I've been teaching my Korean gf some english swear words and she loves it.  Nothing cuter than f-bombs pouring out of a tiny Korean girl IMO  ;D

Funny thing is if I swear in Korean she'll get real serious and lecture me about how rude it is.  :huh:

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #554 on: June 22, 2016, 03:49:47 PM »

Actually, yeah. I used to work as a cook back in Canada and cursing like a drunken sailor on leave is kinda par for the course.

Side note: I've been teaching my Korean gf some english swear words and she loves it.  Nothing cuter than f-bombs pouring out of a tiny Korean girl IMO  ;D

Funny thing is if I swear in Korean she'll get real serious and lecture me about how rude it is.  :huh:

Ahahahaha I feel like Koreans think that swearing in English is not that serious. They kind of treat it like a joke and for some reason it annoys me to no end, especially when they don't even use it properly. For examples, "What the shit?!" or "Oh, my fuck!" :rolleyes:

But this is the happy thread: I love swearing.

Edit: By the way, that comment had nothing to do with your girlfriend haha I had some other people in mind lolol

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #555 on: June 22, 2016, 03:53:30 PM »

Ahahahaha I feel like Koreans think that swearing in English is not that serious. They kind of treat it like a joke and for some reason it annoys me to no end, especially when they don't even use it properly. For examples, "What the shit?!" or "Oh, my fuck!" :rolleyes:

Edit: By the way, that comment had nothing to do with your girlfriend haha I had some other people in mind lolol

One time one of my 4th graders was wearing a shirt that said "Commes des f*ck down"
There was no asterisk  :lipsrsealed:

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #556 on: June 22, 2016, 03:56:06 PM »

One time one of my 4th graders was wearing a shirt that said "Commes des f*ck down"

LOL the guy who does my hair wore that shirt...

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #557 on: June 22, 2016, 04:02:03 PM »

LOL the guy who does my hair wore that shirt...

Yeah swearing is one of those things that needs to be executed perfectly or else it just loses it's punch.

As for comme des fuckdown, it's a pretty popular brand and I've seen a lot of people wearing it here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/comme-des-fuckdown

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #558 on: June 22, 2016, 06:16:22 PM »
Today my coT asked about my window screens and if they were keeping the bugs out. I told her that crickets get into the bathroom (I often leave the window open for ventilation) but I don't really mind them. There have been ant invasions recently though, which I do mind. I think they started coming inside when the new door lock was getting installed...

My coT then told me that the school would give me bug spray!! I've been meaning to go to the store to look for bug spray or some equivalent repellent myself, but this works!  8)

Offline nomadicmadda

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • I'm fine thank you, and you?
« Reply #559 on: June 23, 2016, 12:06:33 PM »

Lol someone in a thread tried to scold me for wearing on this site a month or two ago.  I was like "FUCK OFF IMMA SAY WHAT I WANT; NO RULES ABOUT SWEARING MUWAHAHAHAHA!" :evil: :evil: :evil:

Kids swearing irritates me as well, though.  Fortunately my high schoolers seem to swear equally in Korean and English and apologize for both if a teacher catches them.  My elementary 6th graders thought it was "cool" and funny though, and my KETs at those schools never really reprimanded them.  I had to do the discipline there.  They stopped doing it in my class but I often heard them doing it in others and in the halls. :rolleyes: