August 22, 2018, 01:03:48 PM

Learn new things. Meet new people. Be inspired.
Check out a KOTESOL chapter event near you!
koreatesol.org/nc2018

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 357114 times)

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SHIT MEGATHREAD
« Reply #320 on: May 03, 2016, 10:51:42 AM »
Don't feel bad. I suspect the vast majority of us are not trained to work with special needs students. And even those who are can find the work draining. So we just do what we can

Offline welcomebackkotter

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #321 on: May 03, 2016, 12:59:34 PM »
NO more classes until next Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  A good reason to be happy!!
Everyone is in a good mood at school.  The kids are leaving soon, I can just relax at my desk until I go home.  I don't have to go to the in-laws for Parents Day (I like the in-laws a lot but it's also very tiring, and it's nice to not have the obligation).  Yesterday was Sports Day, easy day.  I plan to drink some wine and get some writing done.  I'll have the house to myself for most of the day until Friday.

I'm liking this week.   

Offline amormistre

• Waygookin
« Reply #322 on: May 03, 2016, 03:16:25 PM »
When you find out you don't have to go to school tomorrow, so its now a 5 day weekend!!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline gaelynwrites

• Veteran
« Reply #323 on: May 04, 2016, 08:01:13 AM »
My school arranged to have Sports Day and a little sharing market (money all goes to UNICEF) right before the four day weekend so I've only had classes two days this week. And the bus wasn't crowded this morning because the high school students were missing so I actually got to sit down.

Offline antmar

• Veteran
« Reply #324 on: May 04, 2016, 08:06:00 AM »
When you find out you don't have to go to school tomorrow, so its now a 5 day weekend!!  ;D ;D ;D

Wow! I applaud you. Very jealous too! :)

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #325 on: May 04, 2016, 08:11:26 AM »
Beautiful morning here in my neck of the woods.  ;D  I'm at school but kiddies are being tested so I'm just jamming to tunes in my English room. 

4 day weekend of fun and relaxing in T minus 7hours and 20mins ~~~  8)

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #326 on: May 04, 2016, 09:35:15 AM »
I also have a five day weekend! Today is the schools talent show, the middle school in the morning, and the high school in the afternoon. I have all high school classes in the afternoon usually, so nothing for me today! I'm going to relax, grade a few papers, and catch up on Game of Thrones.

Offline grey

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Cya West Japan aka Baby China
« Reply #327 on: May 07, 2016, 10:35:28 AM »
Asia's first lululemon is having its grand open.
Ko fills half his luggage with instant noodles for his international business travels, a lesson he learned after assuming on his first trip that three packages would suffice for six days. “Man, was I wrong. Since then, I always make sure I pack enough.”
-AP

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
« Reply #328 on: May 09, 2016, 07:44:21 AM »
Asia no, Korea yes. There are is Lulu in HK, Singapore and Malaysia. I went though! They don't have all the items from the website of course, and they don't have any sale items. But they have 3 floors and the basement floor is a yoga studio. They had a girl in the window doing yoga and lots of dudes were taking pics of her lol

Offline nomadicmadda

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • I'm fine thank you, and you?
« Reply #329 on: May 09, 2016, 08:24:27 AM »

Where is it located?  Because I think I walked past it this weekend when I was heading out to the clubs.

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
« Reply #330 on: May 09, 2016, 08:29:33 AM »

Where is it located?  Because I think I walked past it this weekend when I was heading out to the clubs.
Really close to Apgujeong Rodeo subway station. Actually right outside the exit haha ^^

Offline nomadicmadda

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • I'm fine thank you, and you?
« Reply #331 on: May 09, 2016, 08:42:36 AM »

Really close to Apgujeong Rodeo subway station. Actually right outside the exit haha ^^

Aaaaah haha yup, that's where we were Saturday night   :laugh:

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #332 on: May 09, 2016, 09:39:27 AM »
One of my new third graders knows the word "unicorn." Instant favorite  :laugh: I was both surprised and very pleased!! And curious as to how that got into his vocabulary.

Another third grader knows the original generation of Pokemon.  8) I have a dratini painted on my phone case and he recognized it with great excitement.

I also just kinda love that all the kids know Minecraft to some degree, even if they don't all actually play.

Offline khalavala

• Expert Waygook
  • joecitizenhoe ask about me
« Reply #333 on: May 09, 2016, 09:57:33 AM »
Pretty easy monday. An extra excuse to start lessons with an easy/game activity to get the kids into the English mindset after having a long break from classes. This week will be pretty chill.

Offline antmar

• Veteran
« Reply #334 on: May 10, 2016, 09:52:22 AM »
1. I'm digging this weather since I'm used to it growing up in the pacific northwest with a lot of cloudy skies and rain.

2. Walked into to school only to find out that I have my 6th grade class cancelled.

3. Was getting ready to teach my 4th grade class and as soon as I return from grabbing some coffee in the teacher's room I find them all with snacks and drinks on deck getting ready to watch Jurassic World.

4. Found out I'm going on a picnic tomorrow with my co workers.

5. I teach no classes this thursday because Sports Day got rescheduled because of the rain last week.

6. I get off early on friday and start a retreat with many (soon to be)  friends this weekend (400-500 people at this retreat)

Today is a good day.  :afro:

Offline Loki88

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #335 on: May 10, 2016, 02:50:26 PM »
One of my grade 3s came up to me and told me that my green eyes were scary. Then she petted my arm hair.

Utterly adorable for some reason.

Offline devsterl

• Super Waygook
« Reply #336 on: May 10, 2016, 02:54:19 PM »
One of my grade 3s came up to me and told me that my green eyes were scary. Then she petted my arm hair.

Utterly adorable for some reason.

This happens to me...every...day  :laugh:

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #337 on: May 11, 2016, 09:46:16 AM »
Hunting around youtube for cute/funny animated shorts because it's necessary for one of my lessons.

Love how goofing off and actually doing some work can be best friends sometimes.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #338 on: May 11, 2016, 10:13:48 AM »
My middle grade 2's invited me to join them for cooking class!! They're my favorite!

The class is right after lunch though, which is a little strange. :P Like I know it's just how the schedule falls but still ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline devsterl

• Super Waygook
« Reply #339 on: May 11, 2016, 11:50:02 AM »
No school this Friday!!!! I'm apparently going to some education ceremony thing in Nonsan. Anyone else in Chungnam going?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 11:53:49 AM by devsterl »