November 13, 2018, 02:04:20 AM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 376501 times)

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SHIT MEGATHREAD
« Reply #300 on: May 02, 2016, 11:10:31 AM »
[...]

My good deed for the year, hahaha  :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Aw, cute kitty is cute. Love that name, too, glad you and your gf decided to keep it. c:

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #301 on: May 02, 2016, 11:25:26 AM »
Thought I was going to be dragged to some teachers outing after this gloriously truncated midterm day. Nope! Apparently I'm not a member of whatever "fellowship" this is since I hadn't paid the 10,000 won fee. Woo. Hoo.

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
« Reply #302 on: May 02, 2016, 11:25:48 AM »
I can go home early! :laugh: Happy Mondays!

Online Mister Tim

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #303 on: May 02, 2016, 11:27:23 AM »
Midterms are done for the day, and all the other teachers just left for a lunch/hiking trip that I couldn't go on because I have a bum knee. Now I have the office all to myself for the rest of the day and a high-spec gaming laptop at my desk, so I can't complain.

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #304 on: May 02, 2016, 12:03:51 PM »
One more class this afternoon then nothing till next Monday!

The long weekend basically starts for me today at 3:10.  8)

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #305 on: May 02, 2016, 12:20:52 PM »
On Friday I went with my school on a field trip to the Goseong dinosaur expo. I had time to read my book on the bus, got to hold little hands all day and had an awesome picnic ;D

How can you do that?!! I would be vomitting all over the place if I tried to read on a bus. :cry:

Also, I only had one class today because the kids are practicing for sports day. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline TeresaD

• Veteran
« Reply #306 on: May 02, 2016, 12:55:28 PM »
On Friday I went with my school on a field trip to the Goseong dinosaur expo. I had time to read my book on the bus, got to hold little hands all day and had an awesome picnic ;D
Ohhh, how is that? I want to come down from Seoul on the long weekend and go to it.

Honestly, the expo/park is very much kid/school trip oriented. (Lots of big fibreglass dinos for the kids to take pictures with, a show with dancing, opportunities to feed animals.) It was very crowded with schools (might not be a problem on the weekend) and felt a bit chaotic at times. I didn't get to really take it in because I was keeping track of kids :laugh: But, I am probably going to go back with my husband for my birthday later this year... if that's a recommendation(?) I liked that it was on the coast and that there a lots of places to picnic and go for walks more than anything being particularly educational or mind blowing. It only took us an hour to get there from my school, whereas if you are coming from Seoul that's quite a lot of expectation to put on it!

If you do decide to visit, I'm sure you will have a good time! (Though, if you don't have kids, you might feel awkward :laugh: )
"In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer" - Albert Camus

Offline TeresaD

• Veteran
« Reply #307 on: May 02, 2016, 01:02:14 PM »

How can you do that?!! I would be vomitting all over the place if I tried to read on a bus. :cry:

Also, I only had one class today because the kids are practicing for sports day. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: All I've ever done in cars is read books! Perhaps because I've been reading in the car since I was a kid, it's the most normal thing in the world for me to read while in transit. I know a lot of drivers feel car sick when they are passengers... but I'm not a driver (though I have had lessons). Perhaps one day when I drive regularly, if I have to be a passenger, I will experience motion sickness like that (?)

I thought I was going to get some free lessons because my kids have to practise for sports day too... but I didn't!  :cry:
"In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer" - Albert Camus

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #308 on: May 02, 2016, 01:42:05 PM »

:laugh: :laugh: All I've ever done in cars is read books! Perhaps because I've been reading in the car since I was a kid, it's the most normal thing in the world for me to read while in transit. I know a lot of drivers feel car sick when they are passengers... but I'm not a driver (though I have had lessons). Perhaps one day when I drive regularly, if I have to be a passenger, I will experience motion sickness like that (?)

I thought I was going to get some free lessons because my kids have to practise for sports day too... but I didn't!  :cry:

I don't think it's that drivers get motion sickness as passengers so much as it is that people with motion sickness feel better when they are the ones driving. That's how it is for me; I've had motion sickness for as long as I can remember and the only time I don't feel awful is when I'm the one driving so I usually sleep during car/bus rides when I'm a passenger.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #309 on: May 02, 2016, 02:22:18 PM »
Got to leave my travel school early to join a hiking trip to a nearby mountain  ;D

Everyone had umbrellas in tow, which just struck me as funny. We got to this little temple (which was very scenic, I felt like I was in Miyazaki-land!) but ended up not doing much hiking on account of the rain making everything slippery. There was a lone monk who was super nice!

& I found a four leaf clover! But then another teacher found a five leafer hahaha totally upstaging my luck

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
« Reply #310 on: May 03, 2016, 07:50:43 AM »
I'm only at my 3rd school on Tuesdays so I miss out on most things. However, due to heavy rain and because the ground will likely still be wet on Wednesday, the sports day may be moved to next Tuesday ;D! I really hope so because I really want to be around for some of their events!

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #311 on: May 03, 2016, 08:14:14 AM »
Ohhh, how is that? I want to come down from Seoul on the long weekend and go to it.

Honestly, the expo/park is very much kid/school trip oriented. (Lots of big fibreglass dinos for the kids to take pictures with, a show with dancing, opportunities to feed animals.) It was very crowded with schools (might not be a problem on the weekend) and felt a bit chaotic at times. I didn't get to really take it in because I was keeping track of kids :laugh: But, I am probably going to go back with my husband for my birthday later this year... if that's a recommendation(?) I liked that it was on the coast and that there a lots of places to picnic and go for walks more than anything being particularly educational or mind blowing. It only took us an hour to get there from my school, whereas if you are coming from Seoul that's quite a lot of expectation to put on it!

If you do decide to visit, I'm sure you will have a good time! (Though, if you don't have kids, you might feel awkward :laugh: )
Ahha. Thanks. I will think about it, but maybe not.

Offline JLCutler

• Veteran
« Reply #312 on: May 03, 2016, 08:21:37 AM »
I'm only at my 3rd school on Tuesdays so I miss out on most things. However, due to heavy rain and because the ground will likely still be wet on Wednesday, the sports day may be moved to next Tuesday ;D! I really hope so because I really want to be around for some of their events!

That's really nice to read. Most of the teachers I'm surrounded by hate events, trips, and such, whereas I love 'em. If anything they're a great opportunity to interact with students outside of a formal situation--not to mention fun, or as fun as we want 'em to be, which is why I avoid the pissy teachers.

Offline gagevt

• Moderator - LVL 3
  • Expert Waygook
  • "The lone wolf dies, but the pack survives"
« Reply #313 on: May 03, 2016, 08:45:29 AM »

That would be a brilliant stroke of luck! In a similar fashion, my main school (my favorite) moved their sports day from Wednesday (when I normally stay there) to Monday (when I normally travel to a rural school) because of weather predictions. Turns out that rural school was also having their sports day on Monday, so they told me I didn't have to come.

I got to stay at my main school and help out with sports day and play around with some of my favorites for the first half of the day. After sports day was finished around lunch, our whole school went on a walk to a nearby mountain that took a bit over an hour. It was great spending more quality time with the kids and my cool new coteacher. The catch-22 here is I started getting sick on Friday the pervious week and was still under the weather on Monday. But hey if I had to choose between being a bit sick on sports day or missing it entirely I'll take the sick sports day every time. I always enjoy sports day!

To cap it all off, I came into my 2nd rural school today to find out we have midterms, so I can leave at 12. Score!
"The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword."

Offline devsterl

• Super Waygook
« Reply #314 on: May 03, 2016, 09:36:48 AM »
While it sounds bad, I'm happy that I finished my lesson with my travel school's grade 5 students, half of which are special.

It is draining to teach them, I try but nothing sticks unfortunately.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #315 on: May 03, 2016, 10:51:42 AM »
Don't feel bad. I suspect the vast majority of us are not trained to work with special needs students. And even those who are can find the work draining. So we just do what we can

Offline welcomebackkotter

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #316 on: May 03, 2016, 12:59:34 PM »
NO more classes until next Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  A good reason to be happy!!
Everyone is in a good mood at school.  The kids are leaving soon, I can just relax at my desk until I go home.  I don't have to go to the in-laws for Parents Day (I like the in-laws a lot but it's also very tiring, and it's nice to not have the obligation).  Yesterday was Sports Day, easy day.  I plan to drink some wine and get some writing done.  I'll have the house to myself for most of the day until Friday.

I'm liking this week.   

Offline amormistre

• Waygookin
« Reply #317 on: May 03, 2016, 03:16:25 PM »
When you find out you don't have to go to school tomorrow, so its now a 5 day weekend!!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline gaelynwrites

• Veteran
« Reply #318 on: May 04, 2016, 08:01:13 AM »
My school arranged to have Sports Day and a little sharing market (money all goes to UNICEF) right before the four day weekend so I've only had classes two days this week. And the bus wasn't crowded this morning because the high school students were missing so I actually got to sit down.

Offline antmar

• Veteran
« Reply #319 on: May 04, 2016, 08:06:00 AM »
When you find out you don't have to go to school tomorrow, so its now a 5 day weekend!!  ;D ;D ;D

Wow! I applaud you. Very jealous too! :)