February 22, 2019, 11:53:14 AM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 411492 times)

Online JVPrice

• Expert Waygook
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #2720 on: January 08, 2019, 07:31:59 AM »
Last. Day. Of class.

Then it's 3 days of camp and I'm home free!  ;D
The World Ends With You

Offline Kayos

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2721 on: January 09, 2019, 08:22:17 AM »
Last. Day. Of class.

Then it's 3 days of camp and I'm home free!  ;D

Nice! Vacation time for me starts Friday after work! :D
My 5 day camp isn't until Feb :D I guess we could have done it this week, however, my school was deciding on some special stuff for the students, and wasn't sure when it would end - so we made it Feb, in case the special stuff went on too long, and we couldn't fit the full week of camp in before my vacation. :p

Online alexisalex

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2722 on: January 10, 2019, 02:26:34 PM »
Nice surprise package from my parents  8)

Offline AnnyeongAnnie

• Waygookin
« Reply #2723 on: January 10, 2019, 02:33:05 PM »
Tomorrow is the last day of the semester! And then a week of camp, then I'm free! Ish. I'm not going anywhere for break, so I'll be spending a lot of it at the school, but that's not even so bad when there's no one else here!

And today, some of the other teachers invited me to go to our school's greenhouses with them. We all got to pick our own lettuce, so now I don't have to buy lettuce for at least a week!

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Feeling Grabby?
« Reply #2724 on: January 30, 2019, 04:18:06 PM »
The joys of fauxtherhood

Offline kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #2725 on: January 31, 2019, 11:15:39 AM »

This makes me unreasonably angry.  >:(

Offline Datasapien

• Super Waygook
  • The sun smells too loud.
« Reply #2726 on: January 31, 2019, 12:28:52 PM »
Yeah snap. Hope they at least live long enough to see how wrong they are  :-[

I'm guessing the 'polar vortex' making its way down the reptilian brain of the USA at the moment isn't going to help convincing people there that global warming is a real threat either. Saw Trump made a tweet about it too, oh boy  :cry:

[I know the pic is of Aussies].
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 12:32:05 PM by Datasapien »
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

Online CypherSoul

• Veteran
  • U wot m8?
« Reply #2727 on: January 31, 2019, 01:51:59 PM »
So my question is, do you get paid extra if you do a camp at another school or even in another province which is not headed by your office of education? And how much is the pay?

My friends have the same problem figuring out the pay!

Last summer our school english camp got cancelled due to renovations.  I went and made 3 million won at another camp. Cool. That's 3 million i would not have made if the camp had not been cancelled. The upcoming winter camp is now looking doubtful again due to renovations possibly. I would be happy if it was cancelled. So would my supervisor teacher.

How did you find out about this? I am so curious as to how people get their camp work!

Slay My Life! Walk boo boo walk! Cat Walk for me boo boo! This isn't cat walking, this is a hyena walking! Lion walking! Tiger walking! Leopard walking! Enter my Queen!

Offline sbk

• Veteran
« Reply #2728 on: February 01, 2019, 10:48:28 AM »
So my question is, do you get paid extra if you do a camp at another school or even in another province which is not headed by your office of education? And how much is the pay?

Last summer our school english camp got cancelled due to renovations.  I went and made 3 million won at another camp. Cool. That's 3 million i would not have made if the camp had not been cancelled. The upcoming winter camp is now looking doubtful again due to renovations possibly. I would be happy if it was cancelled. So would my supervisor teacher.

How did you find out about this? I am so curious as to how people get their camp work!

Hi. I just randomly found this question again. Here is the answer because people think it was some other school district or something official.
My school had renovations last summer. I couldnt teach the normal school english camp. So i had extra vacation time. I decided to look for extra work. I got on Dave's ESL cafe and found an English camp down in Jinju that was looking for teachers. It was a government funded program that runs every summer and winter. I got the gig. Most of the teachers were university teachers who had long vacations. It was just a second job for 15 days in my spare time. It was not connected to a POE or whatever they call them. It's like a private company offering an english camp. Its the second one that i have done. I once before did a 7 day camp for the Volvo company worker kids. Maybe my vacation times are longer than yours and i can fit in extra gigs. I asked permission from my school and they said OK. I am at a private middle school. I hope that helps. So i just looked on Dave's for any english camp looking for teachers. Good extra income.

Offline Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #2729 on: February 16, 2019, 12:13:01 PM »

Offline kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #2730 on: February 16, 2019, 02:09:50 PM »
https://ourworldindata.org/child-mortality-global-overview

The world is getting better!
So what you're saying is that the rate of global overpopulation is increasing ever further..  :sad:
 :wink:

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #2731 on: February 16, 2019, 02:57:51 PM »
https://ourworldindata.org/child-mortality-global-overview

The world is getting better!
So what you're saying is that the rate of global overpopulation is increasing ever further..  :sad:
 :wink:

The world is not overpopulated so much as resources are not adequately distributed.

Dark humor is like food. Not everyone gets it.

Online SanderB

• Veteran
  • Korean CAE/CPE Teacher working at a Gymnasium
« Reply #2732 on: February 17, 2019, 12:52:49 PM »
Great, even more kids to teach...  :sad:
-Fiat voluntas tua-

Online CypherSoul

• Veteran
  • U wot m8?
« Reply #2733 on: February 18, 2019, 10:27:01 AM »

Hi. I just randomly found this question again. Here is the answer because people think it was some other school district or something official.
My school had renovations last summer. I couldnt teach the normal school english camp. So i had extra vacation time. I decided to look for extra work. I got on Dave's ESL cafe and found an English camp down in Jinju that was looking for teachers. It was a government funded program that runs every summer and winter. I got the gig. Most of the teachers were university teachers who had long vacations. It was just a second job for 15 days in my spare time. It was not connected to a POE or whatever they call them. It's like a private company offering an english camp. Its the second one that i have done. I once before did a 7 day camp for the Volvo company worker kids. Maybe my vacation times are longer than yours and i can fit in extra gigs. I asked permission from my school and they said OK. I am at a private middle school. I hope that helps. So i just looked on Dave's for any english camp looking for teachers. Good extra income.

Thank you so much! That really helps!  :angel:

Slay My Life! Walk boo boo walk! Cat Walk for me boo boo! This isn't cat walking, this is a hyena walking! Lion walking! Tiger walking! Leopard walking! Enter my Queen!