August 22, 2018, 05:17:49 AM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 357031 times)

Offline Bingsu

• Veteran
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #2620 on: July 12, 2018, 06:58:33 PM »
I went to the vet to get the kittens an appointment for their shots and stopped to take some photos of flowers outside.

This tiny little bee coated in pollen flew past my ear and into the flower so I got some cool shots of that too.

And then it buzzed out, hovered around my arm thinking my shirt flowers were real flowers, buzzed into my face and looked at me for a few seconds before flying away to another flower.

I just thought of it going "Oh, my mistake, I thought you were part of my assignment. Never mind, goodbye!" it made my morning.

donovan

« Reply #2621 on: July 12, 2018, 10:25:57 PM »
Post the photos. I recently had some run-ins with Seoul wildlife on my bike commute, one with a snake that looked as if it had recently swallowed a mouse and another with a young soft shell turtle that I picked up off the bike path and placed near the adjacent stream. Itís not so often that I see more than earthworms or pigeons, so they were a nice little treat. (unfortunately I canít post MOV files here.)

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #2622 on: July 13, 2018, 07:46:09 AM »
Just the other day I managed to capture a cicada only a few minutes out of its nymph stage shell. If you zoom in on the empty skin, you can see the digging claws pretty well!

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #2623 on: July 13, 2018, 07:49:17 AM »
Nice pics. What kind of a phone do you have?

donovan

« Reply #2624 on: July 13, 2018, 07:52:31 AM »
Just the other day I managed to capture a cicada only a few minutes out of its nymph stage shell. If you zoom in on the empty skin, you can see the digging claws pretty well!

This is right before screaming in terror and smashing it with a snow shovel, right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

mouse-in-snake: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ufsNcmrbdR8V26iHORPwVj-IeVLBKvjv

softshell turtle: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-YIymfFQtNk5sMBDIQBOCBA72PnCU_Ts
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 10:05:38 AM by donovan »

Online denimdaze

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2625 on: July 13, 2018, 09:57:01 AM »
My co-teacher convinced our vice principal to let our summer camp be three days instead of five.  :smiley:

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Expert Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2626 on: July 13, 2018, 11:33:58 AM »

Dang he a cutie!

Weeeoooweoooweoooooooo.

donovan

« Reply #2627 on: July 13, 2018, 11:39:13 AM »
All the grades are in and all my students got As! I must be a good teacher  :afro:

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #2628 on: July 13, 2018, 11:49:07 AM »
Nice pics. What kind of a phone do you have?
    It's a Galaxy Note 5. I'm pretty happy with the quality of pics, except for in low light conditions: the pics get grainy pretty quickly, unless you fiddle with manual aperture settings etc, but then that takes more time than is convenient.

This is right before screaming in terror and smashing it with a snow shovel, right?
  That's awful! Why would I do such a thing??? Bugs are our friends!

Offline JVPrice

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2629 on: July 19, 2018, 08:23:53 AM »
About two weeks ago, I was told that my summer camps would cover 4 hours each day, I've been a bit stressed with trying to plan that, along with my first trip to Japan.

Come today, my Co-teacher tells me that the camp classes will only be an hour and a half.

Sweet Victory  8) ;D
The World Ends With You

Offline Mister Tim

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2630 on: July 19, 2018, 08:34:19 AM »
About two weeks ago, I was told that my summer camps would cover 4 hours each day, I've been a bit stressed with trying to plan that, along with my first trip to Japan.

Come today, my Co-teacher tells me that the camp classes will only be an hour and a half.

Sweet Victory  8) ;D

You should probably have plans ready that will work with the four hour days anyway, just in case you show up that first day of camp and they drop a four hour bomb on you.

You can't tell me you'd be surprised.  :laugh:

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Expert Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2631 on: July 19, 2018, 08:36:58 AM »

Sweet Victory  8) ;D

You may want to check your contract if you're at a public school. I know in some regions it stipulates that your camp must be X days long for Y hours. Unless your school fudges the official documents that they're sending to the school board, that could cause some problems down the road, if they decide to audit and ask your school why their native teacher wasn't doing the required amount of camp. Even if it was in no way your decision.

Offline JVPrice

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2632 on: July 19, 2018, 09:11:39 AM »

Sweet Victory  8) ;D

You should probably have plans ready that will work with the four hour days anyway, just in case you show up that first day of camp and they drop a four hour bomb on you.

You can't tell me you'd be surprised.  :laugh:

I wouldn't be  :laugh: Even so, I already have most of it planned at this point.

You may want to check your contract if you're at a public school. I know in some regions it stipulates that your camp must be X days long for Y hours. Unless your school fudges the official documents that they're sending to the school board, that could cause some problems down the road, if they decide to audit and ask your school why their native teacher wasn't doing the required amount of camp. Even if it was in no way your decision.

I poured over my contract before and I don't quite remember there being anything about a specific amount of hours required for camp (I'm with EPIK, mind you). I'll check it out when I get home, but I'm skeptical. My CT was flexible when I said I couldn't make the first day of the camp  :undecided:
The World Ends With You

Offline hangook77

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2633 on: July 19, 2018, 12:30:44 PM »
Post the photos. I recently had some run-ins with Seoul wildlife on my bike commute, one with a snake that looked as if it had recently swallowed a mouse and another with a young soft shell turtle that I picked up off the bike path and placed near the adjacent stream. Itís not so often that I see more than earthworms or pigeons, so they were a nice little treat. (unfortunately I canít post MOV files here.)

I had seen snakes before out riding.  They can be poisonous here unlike in Canada where they are not. But, if you keep away from them, they will keep away from you.  Back off and be no threat to them.  They will slither away and maybe hiss if you are too close.  Never walk through tall grass in the hotter months. 

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #2634 on: July 19, 2018, 12:42:22 PM »
I poured over my contract before and I don't quite remember there being anything about a specific amount of hours required for camp (I'm with EPIK, mind you). I'll check it out when I get home, but I'm skeptical. My CT was flexible when I said I couldn't make the first day of the camp  :undecided:

Just out of curiosity, what did you pour over your contract. And why?
   I remember that once, when I had to send in an original copy of a reference but had only a scan, I poured a few drops of soy sauce on the bottom corner to, when coupled with one or two judicious folds, help give it that aged look.  :smiley:

I had seen snakes before out riding.  They can be poisonous here unlike in Canada where they are not. But, if you keep away from them, they will keep away from you.  Back off and be no threat to them.  They will slither away and maybe hiss if you are too close.  Never walk through tall grass in the hotter months. 
Actually, where I'm from in BC, the hills are alive with rattlesnakes. The adults are pretty obvious: they have that signature arrow-shaped head that all vipers have, and they rattle when you get near, but the yearling look exactly like your run-of-the-mill Garter snakes, and lack the rattle (they are become able to rattle after their first or second molt). When I was younger, I used to catch-and-release snakes sunning themselves on rocks at the riverside by the hand-fulls, and it occurs to me now that some of them were probably rattlers.  :shocked:

Also, some of the snakes here in Korea are definitely venomous. One of the more common snakes is the Tiger Keelback which, interestingly, is both venomous *and* poisonous. It absorbs toxins from the frogs it eats, and then secretes it to prevent other animals from touching it. It's also pretty venomous and bitey. Fortunately its venom administrating fangs are at the back of its jaw, making it nearly impossible to actually poison a person.  :smiley:

« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 12:56:26 PM by kyndo »

Offline JVPrice

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2635 on: July 19, 2018, 12:47:36 PM »

I remember that once, when I had to send in an original copy of a reference but had only a scan, I poured a few drops of soy sauce on the bottom corner to, when coupled with one or two judicious folds, help give it that aged look.  :smiley:

Make one tiny mistake on this website and people are all over you :-[ Off by one letter
The World Ends With You

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #2636 on: July 19, 2018, 12:59:35 PM »
Make one tiny mistake on this website and people are all over you :-[ Off by one letter
Pedantry makes the world go 'round.  :smiley:

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #2637 on: July 19, 2018, 01:25:31 PM »

Actually, where I'm from in BC, the hills are alive with rattlesnakes. The adults are pretty obvious: they have that signature arrow-shaped head that all vipers have, and they rattle when you get near, but the yearling look exactly like your run-of-the-mill Garter snakes, and lack the rattle (they are become able to rattle after their first or second molt). When I was younger, I used to catch-and-release snakes sunning themselves on rocks at the riverside by the hand-fulls, and it occurs to me now that some of them were probably rattlers.  :shocked:

Also, some of the snakes here in Korea are definitely venomous. One of the more common snakes is the Tiger Keelback which, interestingly, is both venomous *and* poisonous. It absorbs toxins from the frogs it eats, and then secretes it to prevent other animals from touching it. It's also pretty venomous and bitey. Fortunately its venom administrating fangs are at the back of its jaw, making it nearly impossible to actually poison a person.  :smiley:

I found a rattlesnake when I was mowing my lawn in Kincardine, Ontario. Supposedly, this is outside of thier usual range.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Tangled Up In 주
« Reply #2638 on: July 19, 2018, 01:37:48 PM »
I found a rattlesnake when I was mowing my lawn in Kincardine, Ontario. Supposedly, this is outside of thier usual range.

Bruce, is that you?  :P

Offline bigfishlittlefish

• Veteran
« Reply #2639 on: July 20, 2018, 07:28:28 AM »
It's the last day of the semester, yes I may have work next week, but it's the last day of the semester   8) 8) 8)