October 15, 2018, 06:33:05 PM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 370393 times)

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• Expert Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #2600 on: June 29, 2018, 01:04:47 PM »
Check out my latest, a Spam Rice recipe!

Glad you finally got on the 'ham' train~

I'm still confused about this

You don't know about ham?

Online kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #2601 on: June 29, 2018, 01:07:25 PM »

Can't you read? It says: "I spam a lot."
 :wink:

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #2602 on: June 29, 2018, 01:08:26 PM »

I thought it said, "I eat spam a lot." Because of the dinnerware. xD

Edit: Gawd, was this tongue-in-cheek? Sorry if I missed that, I blame the cocoa I mixed in with my oatmeal for lunch today.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 01:17:22 PM by Chinguetti »

donovan

« Reply #2603 on: June 29, 2018, 01:26:38 PM »
agammonsayswut

Online kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #2604 on: June 29, 2018, 01:26:54 PM »
Edit: Gawd, was this tongue-in-cheek? Sorry if I missed that, I blame the cocoa I mixed in with my oatmeal for lunch today.
Some time ago, there was a lot of discussion about getting Waygook a tongue-in-cheek-emoticon. Then I thought about how horribly it would be abused, and am now duly thankful that our kind and benevolent master never listens to us.

Online JVPrice

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2605 on: June 29, 2018, 01:28:55 PM »

Took me a moment to look beyond the absurd background for the "I" and the wierd creature for "Alot"
I just thought it was some sort of inside joke
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 01:35:58 PM by JVPrice »
The World Ends With You

donovan

« Reply #2606 on: June 29, 2018, 01:54:41 PM »

Took me a moment to look beyond the absurd background for the "I" and the weird creature for "Alot"

Around that time, a derogatory word for cured pork was being thrown around and some feelings were hurt and some accounts were muted. An inside joke is what you make of it.

Nice recipe. Anything with oyster sauce, spam, and mayo can't be half bad.  I'll have to try it sometime~ :smiley:

Online JVPrice

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2607 on: June 29, 2018, 01:56:34 PM »

Took me a moment to look beyond the absurd background for the "I" and the weird creature for "Alot"

Around that time, a derogatory word for cured pork was being thrown around and some feelings were hurt and some accounts were muted. An inside joke is what you make of it.

Nice recipe. Anything with oyster sauce, spam, and mayo can't be half bad.  I'll have to try it sometime~ :smiley:

Many thanks!  ;D
The World Ends With You

Offline rapa55

• Explorer
« Reply #2608 on: June 29, 2018, 02:09:18 PM »
May I just say, that I wish every day was Friday. The Coteacher that I have and the 5th grade students at my main school are golden people. Everything goes right all the time. The time, the pace, the activities/games. The students are friendly and very attentive and my Co is a superhero always jumping in when needed. I can only hope that someday I will have all Coteachers like this. ;D

Online AvecPommesFrites

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2609 on: June 29, 2018, 02:14:58 PM »
Double ply toilet roll in the restrooms today.
Going away golfing excitedly venturing to somewhere unknown carefree knowing my youthful demeanour is craving ketchup.

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #2610 on: June 29, 2018, 02:18:51 PM »
May I just say, that I wish every day was Friday. The Coteacher that I have and the 5th grade students at my main school are golden people. Everything goes right all the time. The time, the pace, the activities/games. The students are friendly and very attentive and my Co is a superhero always jumping in when needed. I can only hope that someday I will have all Coteachers like this. ;D

Be careful what you wish for!!   ;D

Friday 7th period is notoriously tricky.   :wink:

donovan

« Reply #2611 on: July 05, 2018, 12:31:00 PM »
Turns out people at my school do like me, they'd just rather not have to speak to me, apparently :undecided:

Word spread fast that I won't be renewing my contract (no surprise there), but various homeroom teachers have since approached me about it and said kind words about my teaching style and classroom rapport and that they wish it weren't true. Truly touching. I even found out I'll be getting a major award for my teaching this year. But it's all too late! :evil:

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2612 on: July 05, 2018, 01:01:39 PM »
Turns out people at my school do like me, they'd just rather not have to speak to me, apparently :undecided:

Word spread fast that I won't be renewing my contract (no surprise there), but various homeroom teachers have since approached me about it and said kind words about my teaching style and classroom rapport and that they wish it weren't true. Truly touching. I even found out I'll be getting a major award for my teaching this year. But it's all too late! :evil:

May I ask, moving schools or moving out of the completely?

donovan

« Reply #2613 on: July 05, 2018, 01:17:15 PM »

May I ask, moving schools or moving out of the completely?

I'll be riding my horse into the sunset. Back to the States for me~

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #2614 on: July 12, 2018, 03:08:09 PM »
Got my tickets for Muse Drones World Tour at COEX tonight AND tix for Mokdong tomorrow night.

Mokdong has an MX Theatre. AWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEAH It's an insane sound theatre.  :laugh: ;D :cheesy:

Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• Expert Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2615 on: July 12, 2018, 03:11:02 PM »
Got my tickets for Muse Drones World Tour at COEX tonight AND tix for Mokdong tomorrow night.

Mokdong has an MX Theatre. AWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEAH It's an insane sound theatre.  :laugh: ;D :cheesy:

Congrats. I saw Muse live in 2008 or 2009, and I was really, really disappointed. Their live show sounded exactly like their studio releases, to the point where it didn't even sound like they were playing live. The stage production was next level incredible, but musically I personally found it to be super boring.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #2616 on: July 12, 2018, 03:15:11 PM »

Congrats. I saw Muse live in 2008 or 2009, and I was really, really disappointed. Their live show sounded exactly like their studio releases, to the point where it didn't even sound like they were playing live. The stage production was next level incredible, but musically I personally found it to be super boring.

They REALLY, REALLY killed it on their Absolution and BHAR tours back in the day. Hungry for America, playing smaller theatres and clubs. The first time I saw them do The Resistance Tour (which was around when you said) it was like a different band. The stage setup was immense (three pillar period). It was impressive and I lovced it, but it was like the band were a character in a production, rather then them playing their hearts out as a rock band.

I still love em and will go see them every time (11 times and counting haha), but I totally get where you're coming from.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• Expert Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2617 on: July 12, 2018, 03:19:05 PM »

They REALLY, REALLY killed it on their Absolution and BHAR tours back in the day. Hungry for America, playing smaller theatres and clubs. The first time I saw them do The Resistance Tour (which was around when you said) it was like a different band. The stage setup was immense (three pillar period). It was impressive and I lovced it, but it was like the band were a character in a production, rather then them playing their hearts out as a rock band.

I still love em and will go see them every time (11 times and counting haha), but I totally get where you're coming from.

Yeah. That's the exact tour I saw them on. It was exactly like you described - it didn't even really seem like they were playing. Like you could've removed them from the stage entirely and played their CD through the speakers and it probably wouldn't been almost the same experience. But yeah I bet they rad when they were touring Absolution.

Offline Bingsu

• Veteran
« Reply #2618 on: July 12, 2018, 06:58:33 PM »
I went to the vet to get the kittens an appointment for their shots and stopped to take some photos of flowers outside.

This tiny little bee coated in pollen flew past my ear and into the flower so I got some cool shots of that too.

And then it buzzed out, hovered around my arm thinking my shirt flowers were real flowers, buzzed into my face and looked at me for a few seconds before flying away to another flower.

I just thought of it going "Oh, my mistake, I thought you were part of my assignment. Never mind, goodbye!" it made my morning.

donovan

« Reply #2619 on: July 12, 2018, 10:25:57 PM »
Post the photos. I recently had some run-ins with Seoul wildlife on my bike commute, one with a snake that looked as if it had recently swallowed a mouse and another with a young soft shell turtle that I picked up off the bike path and placed near the adjacent stream. Itís not so often that I see more than earthworms or pigeons, so they were a nice little treat. (unfortunately I canít post MOV files here.)