December 14, 2018, 06:00:19 PM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 389024 times)

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #2600 on: September 07, 2018, 01:28:01 PM »
"Oh great, another meal of the same dry bird drizzled in brown liquid fat

The secret is knowing how to make a bird wet.

I'm all about the stuffing.

Offline StillInKorea

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2601 on: September 07, 2018, 01:55:29 PM »
"Oh great, another meal of the same dry bird drizzled in brown liquid fat

The secret is knowing how to make a bird wet.

Just make sure it's freshly butchered before you enjoy.

Online JVPrice

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2602 on: September 12, 2018, 12:35:06 PM »
I was doing riddles and Konglish jokes with my class today.

Me: What do you call a broken motorcycle?

Class: *Multiple attempts but no dice*

Me: 못타 사이클

Class: AHH!!!

Student: Teacher... I think we should finish here.

I could tell they were so done with me!  :laugh:
The World Ends With You

Online JVPrice

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2603 on: September 17, 2018, 08:53:23 AM »
2 classes today were cancelled and one was moved. My CT is also gone so it looks like this is pretty much a day off. ;D
The World Ends With You

Offline chuyinkorea

• Adventurer
« Reply #2604 on: September 17, 2018, 11:56:06 AM »
^^ Those are the days that are worth living for^^

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #2605 on: September 21, 2018, 08:55:50 AM »
I have been washing clothes almost non-stop since yesterday. Absolutely floored that I can now put more than just two articles of clothing into my machine and have them come out cleaner and fresher than only a few days ago.

I feel like a new woman.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 09:01:53 AM by Chinguetti »

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• Expert Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2606 on: September 21, 2018, 11:48:15 AM »
I have been washing clothes almost non-stop since yesterday. Absolutely floored that I can now put more than just two articles of clothing into my machine and have them come out cleaner and fresher than only a few days ago.

I feel like a new woman.

Isn't it nice when you can finally like, remove a major annoyance from your life?

Also, washing clothes is so satisfying. Like it's really kind of an easy thing, but there's so many stages that it feels like a big accomplishment every time something is finished drying.

Online elsbethm

• Veteran
« Reply #2607 on: September 21, 2018, 12:07:26 PM »
My gr5 boys have decided that I am ScarJo. I look nothing like her, but I'm still going to take the confident boost.  Mostly I was just impressed at their pronunciation of her name. :azn: :azn:

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• Expert Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2608 on: September 21, 2018, 12:24:09 PM »
My gr5 boys have decided that I am ScarJo. I look nothing like her, but I'm still going to take the confident boost.  Mostly I was just impressed at their pronunciation of her name. :azn: :azn:

스카요

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2609 on: September 21, 2018, 01:10:57 PM »

스카요

I think that one is talking about their love for "Ska" music.

스카조, maybe.

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• Expert Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2610 on: September 21, 2018, 01:14:55 PM »

스카요

스카조, maybe.

In Korean they pronounce her name 요한슨. I've never met a Korean who pronounced it with a 'J' sound at the front.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #2611 on: September 21, 2018, 01:22:24 PM »
Isn't it nice when you can finally like, remove a major annoyance from your life?

Also, washing clothes is so satisfying. Like it's really kind of an easy thing, but there's so many stages that it feels like a big accomplishment every time something is finished drying.

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2612 on: September 21, 2018, 01:24:10 PM »

스카요

스카조, maybe.

In Korean they pronounce her name 요한슨. I've never met a Korean who pronounced it with a 'J' sound at the front.

Yeah, you're right! Was thinking of the way it's pronounced by some English speaking folk. In Korea, of course, they spell it as correctly pronounced - 스카조.

Online elsbethm

• Veteran
« Reply #2613 on: September 21, 2018, 02:01:07 PM »

They did say her full name (not ScarJo), I just couldn't be arsed to looked of the correct spelling of Johansson when I first wrote it out.
As a dutchie, I fully approve of the 요한슨 pronunciation.

Online kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #2614 on: September 21, 2018, 02:20:58 PM »
They did say her full name (not ScarJo), I just couldn't be arsed to looked of the correct spelling of Johansson when I first wrote it out.
As a dutchie, I fully approve of the 요한슨 pronunciation.
Johansson is my mom's middle name. My dad's nickname for her used to be Jo (요). After emigrating from Dutchieland and watching a few too many crime dramas he would occasionally try to get her attention with "yo Jo!" until my siblings and I managed to explain how utterly embarrassed he should be for coming up with that and saying it out loud.
   Well, actually, he's pretty shameless so couldn't have cared less about that, but we threatened to vandalize the family car, reprogramme the VCR, and make him eat our cooking unless he stopped, which proved to be more effective.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #2615 on: September 21, 2018, 02:29:08 PM »
Johansson is my mom's middle name. My dad's nickname for her used to be Jo (요). After emigrating from Dutchieland and watching a few too many crime dramas he would occasionally try to get her attention with "yo Jo!" until my siblings and I managed to explain how utterly embarrassed he should be for coming up with that and saying it out loud.
   Well, actually, he's pretty shameless so couldn't have cared less about that, but we threatened to vandalize the family car, reprogramme the VCR, and make him eat our cooking unless he stopped, which proved to be more effective.

Dad jokes are the best, tho.

Maybe someone should give him other ideas (warning: vid).
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 02:30:57 PM by Chinguetti »

Online SeoulAlone

• Veteran
« Reply #2616 on: November 09, 2018, 12:09:07 PM »
6th grade teacher just came into my room to inform me that there will be no lessons today.  Well....... YAY ME!    

Did I ever tell you how much I love this school?  No sarcasm.  I really do love this school.  I'm gonna miss it! 

Offline Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2617 on: November 27, 2018, 08:31:43 AM »
Good guy EBGames.
They have a delay on my shipping my order. A game I pre ordered was released today, usually it arrives to my parents first thing in the morning, but the store had their game shipments delayed.
So, they gave me a free digital copy of my game, so I could play today, while I wait on the physical copy. :p

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #2618 on: November 27, 2018, 11:27:21 AM »
Good guy EBGames.
They have a delay on my shipping my order. A game I pre ordered was released today, usually it arrives to my parents first thing in the morning, but the store had their game shipments delayed.
So, they gave me a free digital copy of my game, so I could play today, while I wait on the physical copy. :p

Excellent.
It literally costs them nothing to do this except for a few microcents worth of server time, but not all companies would have!

Offline Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2619 on: November 27, 2018, 12:37:16 PM »
Good guy EBGames.

Excellent.
It literally costs them nothing to do this except for a few microcents worth of server time, but not all companies would have!

I agree. I wasn't expecting to be able to play it for a couple of weeks, because my parents would have to mail it to me first - this also allows me to play it a lot sooner!