December 14, 2018, 01:05:17 PM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 388756 times)

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #2480 on: May 02, 2018, 08:15:37 AM »
TO help ( >:( ) offset the meh in my morning, I just finished ordering a bunch of trash from coupang and it should all be here before the end of this week. c:

My gym also hired a new trainer who speaks fluent English, and he's actually really fun to talk to. Good sense of humor, total nerd. <3
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 03:30:33 PM by Chinguetti »

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #2481 on: May 02, 2018, 08:46:54 AM »
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #2482 on: May 02, 2018, 09:06:49 AM »

Leave me alone, I skipped breakfast.  >:(

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #2483 on: May 02, 2018, 10:32:23 AM »
Leave me alone, I skipped breakfast.  >:(

Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #2484 on: May 02, 2018, 03:35:56 PM »

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2485 on: May 03, 2018, 03:12:23 PM »
Today my travel school principal was really rude about my hair during lunch, as I was sitting across from her.

Why is this is the happy thread?

Cos I don't give a fudge! 

After work I'm off home, grabbing my bag, spending the night at a hotel near the airport and flying off to Taipei tomorrow morning. Nothing can get me down today!  :-*

Offline Bingsu

• Veteran
« Reply #2486 on: May 06, 2018, 03:26:26 PM »
Stella had 4 tiny, screaming kittens this afternoon.

I'd post pics but can't figure out how to make them smaller.

Offline Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2487 on: May 24, 2018, 09:23:41 AM »
Gave my G1 middle school students a speaking task today, and the rule of: no speaking Korean.
It went over well, and very little Korean was used (a few times, a student made an English joke at another student, that student would say something in Korean and playfully smack the other haha.
It was a fun lesson for both myself and the students. :D

donovan

« Reply #2488 on: May 24, 2018, 11:26:04 AM »
Stella had 4 tiny, screaming kittens this afternoon.

I'd post pics but can't figure out how to make them smaller.

Kyndo gives free tutorials :cheesy: (Used to be free anyway; he might be on to a subscription model at this point.)

Offline Bingsu

• Veteran
« Reply #2489 on: May 30, 2018, 08:10:17 AM »
Because my open class was such a failure on the student's end and such a success on mine, they're rearranging my entire schedule and I'll be teaching curriculum classes now!

Online JVPrice

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2490 on: May 30, 2018, 08:47:37 AM »
Because my open class was such a failure on the student's end and such a success on mine, they're rearranging my entire schedule and I'll be teaching curriculum classes now!

Not sure what is meant by "curriculum" class, but that sounds great! I hope this makes your life a bit easier.
The World Ends With You

Online JVPrice

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2491 on: May 30, 2018, 08:49:27 AM »
This isn't something to rave about, but my main school has the second graders split based on their English level (Low, middle and high). Days like these, I really appreciate my high level classes. They actually participate and don't cause a ruckus  :angel:
The World Ends With You

Offline Bingsu

• Veteran
« Reply #2492 on: May 30, 2018, 08:59:04 AM »

Not sure what is meant by "curriculum" class, but that sounds great! I hope this makes your life a bit easier.

Oh sorry. Curriculum classes meaning that I'll be teaching alongside a Korean teacher in their class. I've only been doing after school classes alone and it's gotten so boring and hard to teach so I'm excited to do something else, even if I'm just the fun English speaking clown.

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2493 on: May 30, 2018, 09:38:33 AM »

Oh sorry. Curriculum classes meaning that I'll be teaching alongside a Korean teacher in their class. I've only been doing after school classes alone and it's gotten so boring and hard to teach so I'm excited to do something else, even if I'm just the fun English speaking clown.

Yay congrats! I actually had no idea you were only doing AS.
 Ridiculous of them to stick you on after school classes right away tbh. Like i've been here years and AS is still more of a struggle for me, like the prep and the attitude of the students is so different. It's crazy to expect a new teacher to be able to do it alone.

Hopefully it'll work out for you!

Offline Bingsu

• Veteran
« Reply #2494 on: May 30, 2018, 08:50:01 PM »

Yay congrats! I actually had no idea you were only doing AS.
 Ridiculous of them to stick you on after school classes right away tbh. Like i've been here years and AS is still more of a struggle for me, like the prep and the attitude of the students is so different. It's crazy to expect a new teacher to be able to do it alone.

Hopefully it'll work out for you!

Thank you! I'm set to start my new schedule in the next week or so. At first I was happy to be alone and doing after school, no Co-Teacher to deal with and struggle to make plans with etc...

I was such an idiot for wishing to not have a Co-T on after school classes lmao. It's good to hear that even teachers with years under their belt have issues with AS classes, it makes me feel better about struggling so much.

Offline iloveyou

• Waygookin
« Reply #2495 on: May 31, 2018, 12:22:23 AM »
GOOD

Online zola

• The Legend
« Reply #2496 on: June 01, 2018, 08:39:04 AM »
Nine Inch Nails just announced for Pentaport festival in Incheon this year. Made my day!
Kpip! - Martin 2018

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #2497 on: June 04, 2018, 07:57:10 AM »
No work on Wednesday for the next two weeks.

Really wish this site would upgrade its emotes. I vote for at least hearts.

Online StillInKorea

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2498 on: June 04, 2018, 08:43:58 AM »
Nine Inch Nails just announced for Pentaport festival in Incheon this year. Made my day!

Have you been to that festival before? Thinking about going, but if it's as badly managed as the one in Ansan, forget it.

Online zola

• The Legend
« Reply #2499 on: June 04, 2018, 12:27:06 PM »

Have you been to that festival before? Thinking about going, but if it's as badly managed as the one in Ansan, forget it.

No, I've never been. It's a 3 day event, but they don't have camping, as it's pretty much in the middle of Songdo/Incheon. I found Jisan Valley to be poorly organized too.

Kpip! - Martin 2018