November 13, 2018, 02:49:23 AM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 376521 times)

Offline StillInKorea

• Expert Waygook
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #2420 on: April 02, 2018, 01:55:43 PM »
Wow this thread doesn't get much air these days.

I'm so happy. I finally got a new chair after over a year of my hips and back killing me.  :laugh: :-* :azn: :angel:

Why didn't you just buy a new chair for 100k? Mine reclines fully like a business class plane seat.

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2421 on: April 02, 2018, 01:59:17 PM »

I'm so happy. I finally got a new chair after over a year of my hips and back killing me.  :laugh: :-* :azn: :angel:

Why didn't you just buy a new chair for 100k? Mine reclines fully like a business class plane seat.

Honestly the thought didn't cross my mind. I'm in an office so I guess if I had suddenly brought it my own chair it would have become a whole thing.

Offline StillInKorea

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2422 on: April 02, 2018, 02:29:01 PM »

Honestly the thought didn't cross my mind. I'm in an office so I guess if I had suddenly brought it my own chair it would have become a whole thing.

I do weird stuff like that so often that nobody really pays attention any more.  ;D

Offline Kaynadian

• Adventurer
« Reply #2423 on: April 02, 2018, 03:11:00 PM »
We have a new student English teacher at my school. He told me that he has nothing to do so if I need help he would help me. I had a whole bunch of things to cut out for one of my classes. Yay for having to cut less and nice student teachers!  ;D

Offline Bingsu

• Veteran
« Reply #2424 on: April 02, 2018, 06:11:49 PM »
For some reason the store near me was having a sale on meat, so guess who doesn't have to eat tofu tonight for the 38th day in a row  8)

(not to offend, I like tofu, just not literally every single night)

Offline JVPrice

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2425 on: April 03, 2018, 11:41:29 AM »
Today the one kid in my 2nd grade class who likes to be a nuisance was sick and unable to cry for everyone's attention.

I'm content with this outcome
The World Ends With You

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #2426 on: April 03, 2018, 12:27:45 PM »
I spend my monies on meat every week. I need to have it.

Offline Bingsu

• Veteran
« Reply #2427 on: April 03, 2018, 12:35:23 PM »
Today the one kid in my 2nd grade class who likes to be a nuisance was sick and unable to cry for everyone's attention.

I'm content with this outcome

I feel you

One of my bookshelf climbers/desk walkers rocked up with a broken foot today, guess my life just got easier lol

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Expert Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2428 on: April 03, 2018, 12:46:04 PM »

Bad and boujee.

Offline jmnegr2

• Waygookin
« Reply #2429 on: April 03, 2018, 02:41:15 PM »
Current computer is from 2011

Since it is so old my school is replacing it this week with a new one

Yeeeeehaw

Offline Mezoti97

• The Legend
« Reply #2430 on: April 04, 2018, 01:33:37 PM »

Yeah, several people in my office buy their own chairs (i.e. order them online and have them shipped directly to the office). Although my company did actually get new chairs for everyone 2 winters ago.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #2431 on: April 10, 2018, 12:17:00 PM »
Apparently I bought a new fitbit on gmarket a few weeks back that I'd forgotten about somehow.

Just received a notification that it's been shipped (it was delayed for some reason?), so I should be receiving it in a day or two. Not even bothered that I don't remember buying it, I'm just happy I'm getting one to replace the POS I have now.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #2432 on: April 10, 2018, 01:11:28 PM »
Apparently I bought a new fitbit on gmarket a few weeks back that I'd forgotten about somehow.

Just received a notification that it's been shipped (it was delayed for some reason?), so I should be receiving it in a day or two. Not even bothered that I don't remember buying it, I'm just happy I'm getting one to replace the POS I have now.

Sweet. Weird that it was delayed that long, though.

A lot of GMarket stuff is sold by people who donít actually have it is stock.  Iíve had a few of theses, and a few seller-cancelled orders.

One was from HMall; I would expect them to have a better handle on it.

Offline Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2433 on: April 10, 2018, 01:45:11 PM »

A lot of GMarket stuff is sold by people who donít actually have it is stock.  Iíve had a few of theses, and a few seller-cancelled orders.

I dunno. I spend about 3-4 million won per year on Gmarket, at least, and the posted delivery dates on the item pages are right about 99% of the time. I only have maybe one or two out of stock cancellations per year out of around 200 orders per year.

But you're right - it does occasionally happen that things are out of stock.

The posted dates / cancellations happen to me a lot, but it was with stuff I order that the company has to get delivered to them from out of country; and when I was trying to order my new bed, and I didn't know they don't deliver to my area. :p

Offline Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2434 on: April 10, 2018, 01:52:14 PM »

Bad and boujee.

I'm the same as Chinguetti. If I don't have meat with dinner, I get waaaaay too hungry not too long after eating dinner. Which gives me mad sugar cravings, so i'll go down to the convenient store, or supermarket (if it's before 6 30pm, because they close around then) and buy sugary treats >.<
I need my meat!

Offline Aristocrat

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2435 on: April 10, 2018, 01:53:26 PM »

I dunno. I spend about 3-4 million won per year on Gmarket, at least, and the posted delivery dates on the item pages are right about 99% of the time. I only have maybe one or two out of stock cancellations per year out of around 200 orders per year.

It really depends what you're ordering, if it's a product that's difficult to find in Korea, there's a decent chance it'll be out of stock. Many of these Gmarket sellers simply copy the exact listing (pics and description) from Ebay or Amazon and charge a markup. They simply order it on Ebay for you, have it shipped to their address and forward it to you. I've had some Gmarket sellers who weren't even bothered enough to remove the Ebay packaging.

When they cancel your order, it's usually because too few people have ordered the same item from them and they can't make enough profit by saving on combined shipping and charging a markup.

A nasty trick they employ is to mark your item as 'preparing for shipment'. This way, it's harder for you to cancel an order, even after it's been stuck on 'preparing for shipment' for 2 weeks. They're essentially waiting for enough people to order from them so they can combine ship from Ebay.

I never order from Gmarket unless it's an absolute emergency. Coupang is much better.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #2436 on: April 10, 2018, 02:02:11 PM »
Yeah - with 해외 shipping and stuff, it'll take longer, and giant items may or may not be deliverable to some areas. But all that information is usually right there in the listing - people just tend to not notice it.

You're big on Gmarket. I ordered stuff and it's coming from the US. That was 15 days ago and it hasn't even shipped yet. Is this normal?
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Offline StillInKorea

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2437 on: April 10, 2018, 02:09:02 PM »
Never order from "Global sellers" on GMarket. They exist for people who can't speak English.

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2438 on: April 10, 2018, 02:15:10 PM »
Ebay ships globally anyone using gmarket to buy stuff from abroad in 2k18 is a noob.
Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?

Offline Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2439 on: April 10, 2018, 02:16:09 PM »

The posted dates / cancellations happen to me a lot, but it was with stuff I order that the company has to get delivered to them from out of country; and when I was trying to order my new bed, and I didn't know they don't deliver to my area. :p

Yeah - with 해외 shipping and stuff, it'll take longer, and giant items may or may not be deliverable to some areas. But all that information is usually right there in the listing - people just tend to not notice it.

That information is usually listed in Korean, so for people like me with almost no Korean skills, you don't really see that haha.
For example, if trying to order a bed on gmarket, most of the companies that do a decent bed, will only deliver to Seoul or the areas near seoul. It took me ages (maybe 6 - 8 weeks) to find a place that does deliver to my area. :p