November 18, 2018, 10:22:52 AM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 378463 times)

Offline funkmaster99

• Adventurer
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #2380 on: February 01, 2018, 02:12:10 PM »
I splurged on some 700 000W headphones last night and they sound amazing. Definitely the best I've ever owned (and I've owned some headphones, let me tell you).
[/quote]

Nice! I'm an audiophile myself. Looks like you got ripped off though bruh. Shouldn't of paid more than 40,000 for them.

You sure you meant forty? haha

They're 500USD. I got a 10% discount because I became a member. So I paid 640 000. That's 595US.

I don't pay for shipping. There's a saving. And I don't have a credit card anyway, so what can I do?

Boom. Not bad at all.

Ah ha! You said you spent 700,000 on them when in fact you didn't. Caught you in a lie buddy.
Bitcone

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #2381 on: February 01, 2018, 02:23:32 PM »
Ah ha! You said you spent 700,000 on them when in fact you didn't. Caught you in a lie buddy.

I never said that I spent that. That's how much they cost. But I'm so cool they lowered the price.  :afro: hahaha
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Offline funkmaster99

• Adventurer
« Reply #2382 on: February 01, 2018, 02:28:15 PM »

I never said that I spent that. That's how much they cost. But I'm so cool they lowered the price.  :afro: hahaha

I wonder what you had to do to get that minor discount? Well, I think you should've just gotten some Beats by Dre. They're the best headphones on the market atm. I should know since I've owned many headphones myself.
Bitcone

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2383 on: February 02, 2018, 10:25:59 AM »
It was my birthday yesterday, and my students surprised me when I walked in the room by hiding and singing happy birthday for me. One students mom prepared fruit cups for me and all students with a little birthday note, and then after all students left, the teachers and staff prepared a chicken, ddeokbokki, and almond cake surprise party for me.
 After work, I went out to all you can eat bbq, where I was sung to again, by friends and random Koreans in the restaurant, had Costco red velvet cupcakes. It was overall just a really great day. ^^ Then this weekend the real festivities begin!

It's a lot better. It was pretty strong pain for the rest of the week, then it faded into just sore the week after that, and now it seems to be all gone. It just flared up a little on one side for a day ast week, but I'm pretty sure that was because of the pollution.

Glad to hear it. Did you lose your voice? I sounded like a barking seal for about a week after my ordeal.

Yes!! The honey! Delightful as a dessert topping such as over vanilla ice cream but I enjoy it most when mixed with water for a refreshing beverage. (If I recall correctly, the ratio is about 1 parts honey to 5 parts water, adjusted for personal preference)

I want to use it for tea, mostly, but I'm also planning on making cakes with it. xD Now that you've brought it up, though, I can see myself using it as part of a glaze for an ice cream cake.  :shocked:
I did a bit, thankfully not too much. It was just such a pain.

Oh, using it in a cake would be so nice! I really like honey/sugar swapped desserts.

Offline Mister Tim

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2384 on: March 09, 2018, 10:18:06 AM »
Holy crap, I just successfully paid three bills and sent home a remittance via my Korean bank's website, and I didn't have to shut down and restart my browser one single time! No frozen screen, no failures to load, no forced logouts! I think that's the first time this has happened in my 6 years here. Is this real life?

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #2385 on: March 09, 2018, 11:59:42 AM »
Holy crap, I just successfully paid three bills and sent home a remittance via my Korean bank's website, and I didn't have to shut down and restart my browser one single time! No frozen screen, no failures to load, no forced logouts! I think that's the first time this has happened in my 6 years here. Is this real life?

I had to go in today and get a new bingo-card.  My system is working again.

I also downloaded an app "Hana1QPay" so I can pay G-Market by credit card now!

Offline sbk

• Adventurer
« Reply #2386 on: March 09, 2018, 04:42:08 PM »
 I just have to say that I work at a great school with great staff too. The pay is decent and the workload is fine. I have been there 2 years and just re signed for another year. This year I did lose my co worker that helped me a lot with all the korean admin and messages but I am learning how to do it myself now. Now that she is gone I have the whole staff room to myself which is nice. My students are well behaved. Its a boys middle school in the Gangnam area and my biggest class size is 10 students. I am never harrassed or followed up on by staff. Its quite cruisy. I do a good job and am wanting to imput more into the English department as i the only native speaker. I get to use the gym and showers whenever I want and there is a great 13km bike path I can ride door to door from my house to school. There is also a men's room there with an expensive massage chair that I sometimes use. Although I like being by myself in the 5th floor staff room, I am going to move to the 3rd floor staff room to mix more with the other teachers and also help improve my Korean.
Honestly, i can't think of anything bad about my school which is a great change from my previous schools. A happy story here. I really do thank God for it.

Offline Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2387 on: March 14, 2018, 08:06:44 AM »
Yesterday was my first day back at my 2nd school. I get there to find all but 1 teacher and 1 office worker has changed. My new co-teacher there is lovely, and her English is quite good. I was still speaking a bit simply, and I was surprised when she replied with a lot higher English. (meaning, she used some bigger English words than what I'm used to hearing from my co-teacher's, and she spoke very little - no Konglish).

I had to be introduced to the new principal, and we accidently disturbed his meeting, but he was very nice about it. And came to find me and my co-teacher after his meeting, and he tried to use his limited English with me. After talking with me and my co-teacher for 5 - 10mins, he said something in Korean to my co-T (which she translated to: He really likes you and thinks you are very nice!) He gave me a hug and took off.

A couple of the new teachers were talking to me in the cafeteria, but they had to get everything translated through my co-T. As they left, they told my co-T in Korean, that they like me, think I'm very nice, and will look forward to the day I'm at that school each week. :)

The grade 1 students are a bit rowdy in class, but the girls like video games more than the boys, and between class / at lunch, they all want to come and talk video games with me!

Overall, it was a great day, and I'm looking forward to the days I go to that school :D

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #2388 on: March 14, 2018, 11:49:11 AM »
Monday: Check balance 3.5 million. HOLY SHIㅜ. That's wrong.................... That's well over the 1.2 I thought I had.

Good things don't usually happen to me. I'm nervous.

Tuesday:

:police: Yeah, so there's, like, a bunch of money in my account that isn'

:-* Yes! I forgot. Last year we forgot to give you that. So it's there now.

In the madness of my break up and finding a new house by myself, I'd forgotten about the renewal bonus. AWWWW YEAH.

BUT................................... *proceed to ranting thread*
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Offline Bingsu

• Veteran
« Reply #2389 on: March 14, 2018, 12:28:14 PM »
There were cherry tomatoes at lunch today! I love Korean food, but I would eat 2-3 tomatoes every day back home in America, but since they're not in season I can't afford to buy them.

But there they were, in the middle of everything else in all their red glory. I missed them so much~ I can't wait until their season hits peak.

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2390 on: March 14, 2018, 12:53:02 PM »
There were cherry tomatoes at lunch today! I love Korean food, but I would eat 2-3 tomatoes every day back home in America, but since they're not in season I can't afford to buy them.

But there they were, in the middle of everything else in all their red glory. I missed them so much~ I can't wait until their season hits peak.
My school just changed caterers because kids were complaining about the food to their parents and their parents were then complaining to the school. And rightly so, they were basically feeding us slop, and giving us one good day of food a week. But anyways, we are only on the second day with this new company and today there were a bunch of cherry tomatoes as well and it was just so dang nice to have.

Offline Mister Tim

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2391 on: March 14, 2018, 01:14:22 PM »

You might change your tune when you get them as a topping on a cake.  ;D

Offline CJ

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2392 on: March 14, 2018, 03:21:32 PM »
I have a legitimate excuse for not attending my school's welcome dinner. It's quite a relief as I'd rather not deal with usually quiet and reserved teachers acting like party animals. Also, not having to try and get off the floor with legs which would have gone to sleep from having them stuffed under a low table and fill soju cups for the higher-ups fills me with an unspeakable pleasure.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #2393 on: March 14, 2018, 04:29:20 PM »
EMart Traders (in Ansan) has Wheet-bix from Australia!

9800 won for 1.4 kg.

Offline Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2394 on: March 15, 2018, 09:21:19 AM »
I have a legitimate excuse for not attending my school's welcome dinner. It's quite a relief as I'd rather not deal with usually quiet and reserved teachers acting like party animals. Also, not having to try and get off the floor with legs which would have gone to sleep from having them stuffed under a low table and fill soju cups for the higher-ups fills me with an unspeakable pleasure.

My school always chooses the 'sitting on the floor' areas whenever we have a teachers dinner too, so I know that feeling. I often have to stand up to stretch my legs for a bit every so often. I always get questioned about it when I stand up to: it's always: Do you want to leave already? O.o or questions similar to it, and my answer is usually just: No, my legs are just very sore from sitting on the floor. :P
Last time, my head teacher made me a chair out of a beer crate and a small cushion which was awesome. Until the staff needed the crate back haha

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2395 on: March 15, 2018, 09:29:57 AM »
My last public school job took us on a team dinner to one of those floor sit restaurants, 2 days before I was scheduled for knee surgery due to injury... and yet that wasn't enough of an excuse to not go, haha. I was a hot mess trying to get down and back up while on crutches. Literally knocked trays and glasses over on my table.

However, now I play the knee surgery card, and while it doesn't always get me out of the floor sits, it will always at least get me the end seat and I can sit with my legs stretched out.

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #2396 on: March 15, 2018, 09:34:47 AM »

My school always chooses the 'sitting on the floor' areas whenever we have a teachers dinner too, so I know that feeling. I often have to stand up to stretch my legs for a bit every so often. I always get questioned about it when I stand up to: it's always: Do you want to leave already? O.o or questions similar to it, and my answer is usually just: No, my legs are just very sore from sitting on the floor. :P
Last time, my head teacher made me a chair out of a beer crate and a small cushion which was awesome. Until the staff needed the crate back haha

Last time I was forced to go to one of those I said to my (Western) boss at the time that I thought it'd be more comfortable if I just ate standing up, but she accused me of cultural insensitivity.

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2397 on: March 15, 2018, 09:36:27 AM »

Last time I was forced to go to one of those I said to my (Western) boss at the time that I thought it'd be more comfortable if I just ate standing up, but she accused me of cultural insensitivity.
That seems a bit harsh for voicing a preference. Sheesh.

Offline Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2398 on: March 15, 2018, 09:40:45 AM »

Agreed. I'm curious as to why they don't try book the area that has actual seats. Sitting on the floor is really uncomfortable, for me at least :P The restaurants my school chooses, always has regular table and chair areas as well as a floor seating area.

EDIT: My school is really good at catering to my allergies though. If they are eating something I can't eat, they will usually order something that I can actually eat).
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 09:45:30 AM by Kayos »

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2399 on: March 15, 2018, 09:47:44 AM »

Agreed. I'm curious as to why they don't try book the area that has actual seats. Sitting on the floor is really uncomfortable, for me at least :P The restaurants my school chooses, always has regular table and chair areas as well as a floor seating area.
I understand that it's a cultural thing, and thats just what they do, which is fine. However, I don't think it's at all "culturally insensitive" to say that you find that uncomfortable. Sure, maybe if one were to go off on a tangent saying how awful it is, and that everyone who does it is stupid and wrong, then yeah. If the school wants to book there, fine, I just won't enjoy it.

Now if the whole school and all the teachers complained, then yeah, stuff it and book in the seated area, haha.