September 22, 2018, 12:05:59 AM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 366579 times)

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SHIT MEGATHREAD
« Reply #220 on: April 22, 2016, 11:53:15 AM »
I just realized I went up to 4 stars on Waygook! I'm not sure why but its satisfying! hehe

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #221 on: April 22, 2016, 12:10:19 PM »
I just realized I went up to 4 stars on Waygook! I'm not sure why but its satisfying! hehe
Just wait until you hit the 2000 post landmark!
They send you a beautiful trophy, to offset that horrible feeling of having wasted wayyyyy too much time arguing with imaginary people. Yes, imaginary. Not all of you exist.I hope.

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
« Reply #222 on: April 22, 2016, 12:27:18 PM »
Just wait until you hit the 2000 post landmark!
They send you a beautiful trophy, to offset that horrible feeling of having wasted wayyyyy too much time arguing with imaginary people. Yes, imaginary. Not all of you exist.I hope.
  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline khalavala

• Expert Waygook
  • joecitizenhoe ask about me
« Reply #223 on: April 22, 2016, 12:38:28 PM »
It's almost the end of the day!

Offline Diekatkomweer

• Adventurer
« Reply #224 on: April 22, 2016, 01:09:55 PM »
Yes!! I'm glad someone made this thread.
Everytime I hang out with foreigners, we all complain about and compare Korea to our countries.

Zealot_Hill

« Reply #225 on: April 22, 2016, 01:40:35 PM »
SEXISM!

Now that I have your attention

So stoked with one of my female middle school students who completely crushed it in the boggle monthly competition.

I taught her last year in elementary and all her girl friends in 6th grade were holding her back and stopping her from engaging in classes, it got to the point where I felt I was only teaching the boys, even though I went out of my way to try and engage the female learners in the lesson.

So now she's free of those friends that held her back and she's killing it in classes, it's so nice to see and it's one of the few times I can see concrete evidence that I've actually had a meaningful impact on kids.

She actually got the highest score in the entire middle school and she's only 1st grade (they all used the same boggle layouts for the competition).
 :azn: ;D

Offline TeresaD

• Veteran
« Reply #226 on: April 22, 2016, 02:29:32 PM »
So stoked with one of my female middle school students who completely crushed it in the boggle monthly competition.

I taught her last year in elementary and all her girl friends in 6th grade were holding her back and stopping her from engaging in classes, it got to the point where I felt I was only teaching the boys, even though I went out of my way to try and engage the female learners in the lesson.

So now she's free of those friends that held her back and she's killing it in classes, it's so nice to see and it's one of the few times I can see concrete evidence that I've actually had a meaningful impact on kids.

Yayness! Congrats on making a meaningful impact on your kids!  ;D ;D
"In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer" - Albert Camus

Offline TeresaD

• Veteran
« Reply #227 on: April 22, 2016, 02:36:21 PM »
Because I had an open class on Wednesday, I taught an extra lesson that day which means today (our usual day) I didn't have to teach that class. My after school double also got cancelled because some of our students are participating in a sports competition. That means I taught exactly ONE lesson today! And it's FRIDAY!!Whoop!
"In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer" - Albert Camus

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #228 on: April 22, 2016, 02:44:22 PM »
My new coteacher is so sweet and seems like she's hardworking. She wants to plan the lessons together, which is a drastic change from the old co who just ignored me. I think we'll get along well. :)

Offline sixtieshappy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #229 on: April 22, 2016, 02:48:56 PM »
I'll have like like 9 classes total over the next two weeks  8)

Zealot_Hill

« Reply #230 on: April 22, 2016, 02:50:09 PM »
Because I had an open class on Wednesday, I taught an extra lesson that day which means today (our usual day) I didn't have to teach that class. My after school double also got cancelled because some of our students are participating in a sports competition. That means I taught exactly ONE lesson today! And it's FRIDAY!!Whoop!

Exactly ONE lesson is the perfect number of lessons  :azn:
GG

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #231 on: April 22, 2016, 03:15:25 PM »
One of the teachers brought a guitar from the music room into the teachers' office.

Another teacher mentioned I play a little; now I have "homework" -- to learn the House of the Rising Sun by next week. Lol

Now we're just squandering the rest of the work day playing on instruments. Hahaha. The principal even wandered in and out and didn't seem to mind. Friday chill day.

My primary instrument is violin though, so the teacher said we should form a band. Lol! I am so down for some jamming

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #232 on: April 25, 2016, 03:24:47 PM »
I have been informed by some coworkers that everyone envies my mug (it's a Minecraft creeper head), particularly the PE teacher.

Apparently he has been caught eyeing it. They [jokingly] told me I should hide it to keep it safe.  :laugh:

Offline Korean Yorkshireman

• Explorer
« Reply #233 on: April 25, 2016, 04:14:08 PM »
Well... Just been informed that on Friday my 1st period class has been cancelled as they are practicing for sports day AND my 3rd and 4th periods have been cancelled too as we are having a performance about not smoking.

So I just have 2nd and 5th periods to do, a 3rd grade class and a 4th grade class.

NICE!
 ;D

Offline bluehermione

• Veteran
« Reply #234 on: April 26, 2016, 07:51:49 AM »
All my kids have a two-day camping trip yesterday and today, which means this is my second day of being all alone at school, drinking my coffee in peace and being productive. ;D

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #235 on: April 26, 2016, 08:11:14 AM »
My coteacher and I used a chicken puppet to demonstrate some action words in 3rd grade, and for the last few weeks whenever we go to class the kids whine and beg for the chicken puppet. I got tired of it so I told them I fried and ate it and now they don't ask for it any more.  :laugh:

Offline Sophyra

• Adventurer
« Reply #236 on: April 26, 2016, 08:12:52 AM »
1st off - first two periods with my 3rd graders are cancelled b/c they are practicing for Sports Day next week. (I like them and they're cute, but lots of energy - not complaining about a rest).

2nd - found out that my Monday & Tuesday classes next week are pretty much cancelled b/c my school is have some sort of "Happy Flower" week of different activities (including making a bench(?) and Sports Day).

3rd - Wednesday class is cancelled b/c of Sports Day at my 2nd school.

4th - 5 Day weekend (WOOT!!)

THEN...the following week
  I get Wednesday off b/c it's my 2nd school's birthday.
  I get Friday off b/c it's my 4th school's birthday.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Offline devsterl

• Super Waygook
« Reply #237 on: April 26, 2016, 09:41:45 AM »
1st off - first two periods with my 3rd graders are cancelled b/c they are practicing for Sports Day next week. (I like them and they're cute, but lots of energy - not complaining about a rest).

2nd - found out that my Monday & Tuesday classes next week are pretty much cancelled b/c my school is have some sort of "Happy Flower" week of different activities (including making a bench(?) and Sports Day).

3rd - Wednesday class is cancelled b/c of Sports Day at my 2nd school.

4th - 5 Day weekend (WOOT!!)

THEN...the following week
  I get Wednesday off b/c it's my 2nd school's birthday.
  I get Friday off b/c it's my 4th school's birthday.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

:huh: I'm so jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :cry:

Offline okapifire

• Veteran
« Reply #238 on: April 26, 2016, 09:54:40 AM »
I just found next Tuesday is Sports Day and my school is taking off Wed to Fri for Childrens Day. So I only have to teach one day next week.

Offline sixtieshappy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #239 on: April 26, 2016, 09:56:52 AM »
I just found next Tuesday is Sports Day and my school is taking off Wed to Fri for Childrens Day. So I only have to teach one day next week.
That would've caused me to put this in the ranting and venting thread  :P