November 18, 2018, 02:52:02 PM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 378549 times)

donovan

Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #1940 on: July 14, 2017, 08:22:54 AM »
Does nobody just end up reusing their previous year's camp material...?

I have new students every year, so yes, I do! Planning has been done for a couple of years, now all I need to do now is spend the camp budget...  :P

That's truly something to be happy about^-^

I hate how camps are such a small part of my yearly curriculum but end up taking an inordinately large percentage of my time and energy, especially since nobody else really seems to care much about the camps aside from demanding detailed lesson plans, multiple material edits, and detailed budgets.

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1941 on: July 14, 2017, 09:00:32 AM »
Does nobody just end up reusing their previous year's camp material...?

I have new students every year, so yes, I do! Planning has been done for a couple of years, now all I need to do now is spend the camp budget...  :P

That's truly something to be happy about^-^

I hate how camps are such a small part of my yearly curriculum but end up taking an inordinately large percentage of my time and energy, especially since nobody else really seems to care much about the camps aside from demanding detailed lesson plans, multiple material edits, and detailed budgets.

Yeah, it is!  ;D

It took a few camps to realize that the material sent in, and outlines and this and that were just for the reason of having record. I then tried using the same one, and told the teacher that I will use the same one because the students were new, so the camp was new material to them. Since then, there have been no problems, and all I need to do it reprint papers if need be (although, I already printed extra for camps to come). Maybe just try reprinting the same material and details as last time, and explain that this is for a new set of students; They very well may not really care. Hopefully that will work for you, and you can begin to just relax when camp time rolls around.  ;D

donovan

« Reply #1942 on: July 14, 2017, 10:43:44 AM »
It took a few camps to realize that the material sent in, and outlines and this and that were just for the reason of having record.

Right. I get that, and it's largely a good thing they do this (except when I have all my materials formatted to MS Word and they ask for it in Hangul :cry:), but these same standards just don't exist for the regular school year.

Offline MaximusPrime

• Veteran
« Reply #1943 on: July 14, 2017, 12:26:44 PM »
Ill give a raving/ touch of rant.

My coT for camps told me the theme but said I could use stuff I already had. Guess who did the same theme last yr summer? That's right, I did. YAY!

I hear you on the Hancom bull... I got all my materials ready and then after I send it in they say they need it in Hancom (Hancon? :)). I was not happy but it wasn't that bad to move it all over and format (maybe 2 hrs+?).

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1944 on: July 14, 2017, 12:32:55 PM »
Art teacher just gave me a cute notebook.  There were 3 choices-- I chose Van Gogh  :laugh:

Which was the only one I recognized anyway... never took art history...

donovan

« Reply #1945 on: July 14, 2017, 12:35:31 PM »

My coT for camps told me the theme but said I could use stuff I already had. Guess who did the same theme last yr summer? That's right, I did. YAY!

I hear you on the Hancom bull... I got all my materials ready and then after I send it in they say they need it in Hancom (Hancon? :)). I was not happy but it wasn't that bad to move it all over and format (maybe 2 hrs+?).

I made some pretty intricate handouts, maybe 20 total, with many, many precisely-placed images that couldn't be simply copied and pasted. I had the bright idea of taking screen shots and pasting them into Hangul, but it causes an ever-so-slight blur of the images and text which the head teacher found unacceptable and I ended up having to recreate the files from scratch anyway. This was a few years ago now, though...

Offline MaximusPrime

• Veteran
« Reply #1946 on: July 14, 2017, 01:04:25 PM »

I made some pretty intricate handouts, maybe 20 total, with many, many precisely-placed images that couldn't be simply copied and pasted. I had the bright idea of taking screen shots and pasting them into Hangul, but it causes an ever-so-slight blur of the images and text which the head teacher found unacceptable and I ended up having to recreate the files from scratch anyway. This was a few years ago now, though...

Yeah the spacing in Hancom I find really difficult sometimes to use. Guess you learned your lesson now! Hope this yr runs smoothly. I am crossing my fingers for our 100+ kids, 3 teachers  :cry:.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1947 on: July 17, 2017, 08:42:42 AM »
Got to my travel school, got informed that one of my classes is canceled today, got plied with student-made pizza and one of those sugary poisonous convenience store coffees. 

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1948 on: July 17, 2017, 09:14:07 AM »
Got to my travel school, got informed that one of my classes is canceled today, got plied with student-made pizza and one of those sugary poisonous convenience store coffees.

How was there student-made pizza already on a Monday morning? Weird!

I also found it perplexing.  It must have been the very first activity of the day! 

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #1949 on: July 17, 2017, 09:17:56 AM »

I also found it perplexing.  It must have been the very first activity of the day!

So. What kind of pizza was it?

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1950 on: July 17, 2017, 09:20:32 AM »

Oh, basically toast with sauce topped with near everything.  Corn, ham, onions, cheese, etc. 

So... Korean pizza?

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #1951 on: July 17, 2017, 09:38:58 AM »
I think I'll have the kids make pizza bagels the camp after this.

I'm not a fan of Korean-style pizza, but people are free to like and eat what they want, so there will be corn and mayo, too. *shivers*

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1952 on: July 17, 2017, 09:45:39 AM »

Oh, basically toast with sauce topped with near everything.  Corn, ham, onions, cheese, etc. 

So... Korean pizza?

I don't understand people who hate on toast and Korean pizza. It's good.

Their childhoods must have been devoid of pizza toast. 

Pizza toast, tortilla pizza, bagel pizza, french bread pizza... glorious pizza!

Offline welcomebackkotter

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1953 on: July 17, 2017, 10:10:07 AM »
Movies for classes.

That's it.  Movies.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1954 on: July 18, 2017, 02:10:57 PM »
FREE AT LAST

until English camp...

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1955 on: July 18, 2017, 03:02:49 PM »
My Tuesday school is done with after school activities so I can stay in the air conditioned English classroom until my bus comes!

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1956 on: July 19, 2017, 08:06:22 AM »
Lady Gaga - The Fame Monster is an amazing album that should be celebrated.

omg yes. absolutely her best album

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1957 on: July 19, 2017, 09:30:31 AM »
Kesha's new music is pretty cool.  I like her new style better (though her general goofy/not taking herself seriously attitude has always been fun). 

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1958 on: July 19, 2017, 11:58:34 AM »
Officially done teaching anything for this semester. Coteacher requested a movie day tomorrow. Friday school starts vacation on Friday. Just have to wait 5 more days til I go to Hong Kong :)

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1959 on: July 19, 2017, 12:43:22 PM »
Officially done teaching anything for this semester. Coteacher requested a movie day tomorrow. Friday school starts vacation on Friday. Just have to wait 5 more days til I go to Hong Kong :)

Egg tarts.  That's all I have to say.