November 13, 2018, 02:01:59 AM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 376500 times)

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #1760 on: April 27, 2017, 08:35:12 AM »
It was a brutal fight against allergies this year, but it's finally over.

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
« Reply #1761 on: April 27, 2017, 11:44:11 AM »
For the last, Im not sure how long, I have been getting in shape, eating healthy and I think I even want to get certified in teaching pilates. It wasn't until recently when people started asking me for tips and advice that I realised all my hard work was paying off! I've been trying so hard to do the healthy lifestyle thing right, and I am really happy that it is successful!  :azn:

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1762 on: April 27, 2017, 11:57:46 AM »
For the last, Im not sure how long, I have been getting in shape, eating healthy and I think I even want to get certified in teaching pilates. It wasn't until recently when people started asking me for tips and advice that I realised all my hard work was paying off! I've been trying so hard to do the healthy lifestyle thing right, and I am really happy that it is successful!  :azn:

Heck yes! It feels super, doesn't it? I've been doing my 15,000 steps a day, making my own healthy lunches/dinners (breakfast is still usually black coffee :/) and now since it's exam day I get out early and imma go strut my stuff at the jjimjilbang.  8)

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1763 on: April 27, 2017, 12:00:04 PM »
My VP just came to ask me why I left the school grounds after lunch, and he looked kinda mad, until I explained to him that I was catching Pokemon. Then he wanted to compare stats.  8)
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1764 on: April 27, 2017, 12:06:33 PM »

Heck yes! It feels super, doesn't it? I've been doing my 15,000 steps a day, making my own healthy lunches/dinners (breakfast is still usually black coffee :/) and now since it's exam day I get out early and imma go strut my stuff at the jjimjilbang.  8)
Hahaha you go girl! I like to try and make something for breakfast...even just grabbing a piece of fruit. Otherwise Krissyboo teacher gets hangry and that isn't good. I have a long bus commute to school so I usually eat and have my coffee on the bus :)

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1765 on: April 27, 2017, 12:24:17 PM »

Hahaha you go girl! I like to try and make something for breakfast...even just grabbing a piece of fruit. Otherwise Krissyboo teacher gets hangry and that isn't good. I have a long bus commute to school so I usually eat and have my coffee on the bus :)

One of the things I miss most about my home country is being able to drink my coffee comfortably on the way to work. Everything's too crowded here.
I live in a very not crowded place, and I have to transfer buses in front of Starbucks so I always grab something. I'm also usually one of the first ones on the bus in the morning so I always get a seat. No spillage!

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1766 on: April 27, 2017, 12:34:44 PM »

One of the things I miss most about my home country is being able to drink my coffee comfortably on the way to work. Everything's too crowded here.
I live in a very not crowded place, and I have to transfer buses in front of Starbucks so I always grab something. I'm also usually one of the first ones on the bus in the morning so I always get a seat. No spillage!

Super jelly. Before I came to Korea, I thought Starbucks was overpriced, miserable trash. Mostly because I was a huge coffee snob in a town with lots of way better coffee. But then after a long time in Korea, Starbucks is such a treat, and it's really pretty decent. And my credit card lets me upgrade from a grande to a venti for no extra cost. And their drip coffee is always fresh because nobody orders it. So, bless Starbucks.
Plus this particular one opens at 7am, so it wins just for that for me honestly. Better than the canned stuff from the convenient store...

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1767 on: April 27, 2017, 01:31:47 PM »
Because of an impending singing competition, yesterday I had al classes but one cancelled, and today all but two. Then tomorrow, we are taking a school trip to Nami Island, I got handed some cash to spend there, they are catering lunch for us, and then a long weekend next week. Ah yeaaaaaah.

Offline teacherhannah

• Waygookin
« Reply #1768 on: April 27, 2017, 01:38:09 PM »
Tomorrow is my last day and all this week my kids have been giving me gifts and writing me notes in English. Several have told me that they didn't like English before my class and I just feel immensely fulfilled.  :azn:

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1769 on: April 27, 2017, 02:01:23 PM »
Now that Coupang opened up the rocket shipping for global items too, they have so many more items. Like Reeses cupcake mix. I'm ordering that and my animal cookies and perusing for some other stuff.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1770 on: April 27, 2017, 03:25:02 PM »
Now that Coupang opened up the rocket shipping for global items too, they have so many more items. Like Reeses cupcake mix. I'm ordering that and my animal cookies and perusing for some other stuff.

I know I should like Coupang, but I just can't get into it the way I am with Auction and Gmarket.

I love Coupang.  Can't bring myself to use the latter options. 

There was pumpkin tempura at lunch today.  My favorite~

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1771 on: April 27, 2017, 03:39:06 PM »

I know I should like Coupang, but I just can't get into it the way I am with Auction and Gmarket.

I love Coupang.  Can't bring myself to use the latter options. 

There was pumpkin tempura at lunch today.  My favorite~

Does Coupang have a coupon or discount system? Like, points, or rewards, or anything? One of the reasons I love Gmarket and Auction is that I literally never pay full price for anything because of all the coupons and discounts I get from being an SVIP member.

I have no idea.  It's possible (lots of Korean teachers at the office use it and I'm sure they're more aware of the pros and cons of each site).  I'm mainly in it for the junk variety and free shipping/rocket shipping options.  Gmarket often charges extra fees for shipping to an island. 

Offline Skyehawks

• Featured Contributor
  • Veteran
« Reply #1772 on: April 28, 2017, 08:10:11 AM »
I'm in awe of you guys. I still am trying to figure out how to even pay with coupang.

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1773 on: April 28, 2017, 08:20:56 AM »
I'm in awe of you guys. I still am trying to figure out how to even pay with coupang.

Bank Transfer bbz! Personally i think it's the easier way to figure out.

Offline gideonvasquez

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1774 on: April 28, 2017, 08:21:57 AM »
I learned in college you can add some cinnamon and nutmeg to coffee as a replacement for sugar but I only just recently learned you can add it to the grounds as well. If you do that then you don't get the grainy residue at the bottom of a cup/thermos. It's pretty awesome. Just can't add too much because my brewer acts strangely with it.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1775 on: April 28, 2017, 12:37:12 PM »

Yes.
The stages of online shopping payment go like this:

Rookie level - go to an ATM and pay with bank transfer. Everyone starts this way.
Approaching competency - bank transfer with your phone
Almost there - Pay with your check card with your phone
Just like the locals - Pay with your credit card on the phone
Now you've made it - Pay with your credit card that gets you discounts on online shopping and also accrues one or more types of points from your phone.

Lol been here over a year and still doing bank transfer via ATM.  Forces me to take a jaunt into town and get some mild exercise. 

Also I haven't yet felt like spending a vacation day to hit up a bigger bank branch on the mainland in order to get my check card working online. 

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1776 on: April 28, 2017, 12:53:23 PM »
I learned in college you can add some cinnamon and nutmeg to coffee as a replacement for sugar but I only just recently learned you can add it to the grounds as well. If you do that then you don't get the grainy residue at the bottom of a cup/thermos. It's pretty awesome. Just can't add too much because my brewer acts strangely with it.

oooooo good to know!!!
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1777 on: April 28, 2017, 01:30:44 PM »

Yes.
The stages of online shopping payment go like this:

Rookie level - go to an ATM and pay with bank transfer. Everyone starts this way.
Approaching competency - bank transfer with your phone
Almost there - Pay with your check card with your phone
Just like the locals - Pay with your credit card on the phone
Now you've made it - Pay with your credit card that gets you discounts on online shopping and also accrues one or more types of points from your phone.

Lol been here over a year and still doing bank transfer via ATM.  Forces me to take a jaunt into town and get some mild exercise. 

Also I haven't yet felt like spending a vacation day to hit up a bigger bank branch on the mainland in order to get my check card working online.

Actually, it took me five and a half years before I started using a phone banking app.

I'm slow.

Also, you don't need to visit a branch to get your card to work online. You do for online banking, but online card payments are totally different. Usually you just need to download an app on your phone and punch some stuff into it.

Ohhh is that so??  Not that I need an excuse to be lazier...

Offline Lurch

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1778 on: April 28, 2017, 01:37:32 PM »
For Gmarket and Auction, you can use Smile Pay. Literally all you have to do is take a picture of your card and make a new password, no separate app required. It's amazingly easy. Otherwise, each bank has a different phone card app. Basically another (goofy, unnecessary) layer of verification. You can download the app and then, with a bit of help from a Korean unless you've done it a few times before, you just punch in some numbers, do a cell phone verification text, and blammo you're ready to spend literally all of your money because it's so easy.

Is that what Smile Pay is? I just keep getting annoyed by it because it's pushing the pay-by-bank-transfer option further and further into obscurity. Maybe I'll give it a shot.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #1779 on: May 08, 2017, 07:26:04 AM »
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEAH

Indonesian girl likes me too.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free