November 13, 2018, 01:30:22 AM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 376492 times)

Offline Annini

• Newgookin
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #1580 on: March 09, 2017, 03:41:16 PM »
Today I found that my school has just purchased a bunch of rainbow lightweight beanbags and distributed them throughout the rest areas of school. I just spent 20 minutes of my afternoon playing around with a bunch of 1st graders (who I don't get to teach) It really made my day brighter ^_^

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1581 on: March 09, 2017, 03:48:31 PM »
I can finally print things again! Hurrah!

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1582 on: March 09, 2017, 04:47:55 PM »
Teaching at a new school this year and I can't believe how different everything is. Everyone is so kind to me and the principal is a riot and the kids are incredible. I have so, so much fun with them. And my co-teachers actually help me! I feel so unbelievably lucky.

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1583 on: March 10, 2017, 08:47:22 AM »
The school took us to the Korea game last night again and it was so much fun! I know the students like me, but it's nice to see that it's not just an in-class thing, but that they actually want to talk to me and sit with me outside of class too.

I wore my Doosan stuff and a whole bunch of them rallied around me and we had a little Doosan fan area, haha.

Offline gaelynwrites

• Veteran
« Reply #1584 on: March 13, 2017, 11:09:23 AM »
My 5th graders always rush through their work trying to get out of class early. Knowing this, I prepared an extra work sheet for them. The horrified looks on their faces when I told them it wasn't homework was great. I gave them a 2nd worksheet for homework.

Muahahahahahahaha! Rush through my class again kids and see what happens.

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1585 on: March 13, 2017, 02:23:03 PM »
Teaching at a new school this year and I can't believe how different everything is. Everyone is so kind to me and the principal is a riot and the kids are incredible. I have so, so much fun with them. And my co-teachers actually help me! I feel so unbelievably lucky.

I am having the same experience. Have gone from a  hellish situation and now I am at multiple schools, where I am treated with so much kindness and I feel welcome. To me this is totally bizarre because of what I went through with my last contract. I keep waiting for someone to suddenly jump out in a scary clown outfit and say "just kidding" and then stab me with the blade of reality.  Today I messed up my time management with a class, and no one cared. It was ok. First lesson, you know. They are giving me some leeway.

It's nice and I like it.

*so wrote that, didn't post it and had my first after school class. They are all satan's spawn!!! I think this is what life calls "balance" hahahahahaha
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline JahMoo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1586 on: March 13, 2017, 02:50:41 PM »

I am having the same experience. Have gone from a  hellish situation and now I am at multiple schools, where I am treated with so much kindness and I feel welcome. To me this is totally bizarre because of what I went through with my last contract. I keep waiting for someone to suddenly jump out in a scary clown outfit and say "just kidding" and then stab me with the blade of reality.  Today I messed up my time management with a class, and no one cared. It was ok. First lesson, you know. They are giving me some leeway.

It's nice and I like it.

*so wrote that, didn't post it and had my first after school class. They are all satan's spawn!!! I think this is what life calls "balance" hahahahahaha

Balance  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :cry: :cry:

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #1587 on: March 14, 2017, 10:54:20 AM »
4th period class got canceled.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1588 on: March 14, 2017, 02:12:52 PM »
Got back to my main school and there's a strawberry sucker on my desk. Best flavor~

Offline scpru

• Veteran
« Reply #1589 on: March 14, 2017, 02:19:31 PM »
To balance out the fact I posted a rant, some positives:

-I was self-conscious about not wearing makeup or contacts to work today, but when my students commented on my different appearance, they said I looked pretty.
-One of my 4th graders wrote me a really cute letter telling me that English is hard, but she likes it more when I teach her. Aww. And when I told her I was gonna put it on my fridge at home, she squealed happily. Super aww.
-Lunch today was AWESOME. Pork bulgogi, lettuce to wrap it in, cucumber sticks, and my favorite sauce... ssamjang! Yesss~
-New co-teacher said I'll be getting a new computer in three weeks?! Woah!! Thanks, dude!

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1590 on: March 14, 2017, 02:30:15 PM »
Bulgogi > samgyupsal anyday.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #1591 on: March 14, 2017, 02:41:26 PM »

Tofurkey > Bulgogi > samgyupsal > Texas BBQ ribs
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Offline JahMoo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1592 on: March 14, 2017, 02:46:39 PM »

I'm appalled and offended.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1593 on: March 14, 2017, 02:48:52 PM »
I prefer my meat marinated. 

I'm appalled and offended.

I've never had BBQ from the nether region of the US so I haven't an opinion but this offers some perspective...   :laugh:

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #1594 on: March 14, 2017, 02:50:21 PM »
Dave Stepz > Basedcowboy > Ajahya > Pecan > Kim Jong Un > Mr. Baek > 곱창
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1595 on: March 15, 2017, 08:59:29 AM »
So the student that ran in to introduce me to her boyfriend went to Japan for the weekend and M/T, and she just bolted into the office asking if I liked sushi and then gave me a very realistic sushi keychain.  :laugh: She is so sweet, haha.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1596 on: March 15, 2017, 09:04:40 AM »
That's super cute. What kind of sushi?? I fancy salmon myself

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1597 on: March 15, 2017, 09:07:33 AM »
I actually think it may be salmon? It's pretty red, but it has a slight silver skin on it. So while I'm not positive, my deductive reasoning says salmon.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1598 on: March 15, 2017, 09:08:38 AM »
Sounds pretty salmony to me!  Man, some sushi and tempura sounds real good now...

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1599 on: March 15, 2017, 09:17:33 AM »
Yeah, I have been craving sushi the last couple weeks and now its gotten worse, haha.